L2/01-187

L2/SD-2 -- Action items from UTC and L2

June 14, 2001

From UTC #87 and L2 #184, May 21-24, 2001 in Pleasanton (Peoplesoft)

UTC #

L2 #

Who ?

Action

Status

87-1

 

Michael Kaplan

Update language and country code cross mappings on the Unicode website.

 

87-2

 

Rick McGowan

Follow up with John Jenkins on AI 83-2 (have Cora Chang verify the collection of compatibility characters).

 

87-3

 

Ken Whistler

Contact Patrick Ion about AI 83-30 (info for math annotations).

 

87-4

 

Editorial Committee

Check the text of the Standard regarding the usage of radical characters as compatibility characters.

In progress

87-5

 

Ed. Committee, Rick McGowan

Better document the Unicode patent policy.

 

87-6

 

John O'Conner

Check if Sun can host the Feb 11-14 UTC.

 

87-7

 

Rick McGowan

Document the public availability of UTC minutes in the UTC procedures informational RFC.

 

87-8

 

Lisa Moore

Include in the minutes the link to the publicly accessible location .

 

87-9

 

Lisa Moore

Ask Arnold Winkler to post on the L2 site the Sykes document SC32/WG3 PER-054R1, dated 4/18/01.

 

87-10

 

Dave Birdsall

Initiate discussion of SQL character set issues and provide background information from L2/01-188 and the UTC discussion.

 

87-11

 

Dave Birdsall

Get minutes from the Perth ISO DBL meeting for posting and discussion.

Done
(01-254, 255)

87-12

 

Editorial Committee

Update data files and bidi source, post and announce a public beta for Unicode 3.1.1. Unicode 4.0 is targeted for March, 2003.

 

87-13

 

Ken Whistler

Send a note to the unicore list soliciting review of the TC37 activities on language codes.

 

87-14

 

Rick McGowan

Solicit feedback from unicore on the UTC Procedures informational RFC with a two week deadline for comments. [L2/01-211]

 

87-15

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline page noting the formal rejection of  Klingon. [L2/01-212]

 

87-16

 

Asmus Freytag

As Unicode liaison, inform WG2 that the UTC has formally rejected the encoding of Klingon. [L2/01-212]

Done

87-17

 

Mark Davis

Reply to W3C that the UTC is receptive to documenting in a technical report the subject of internationalized white space collapsing, but needs a better problem description. [L2/01-175]

 

87-18

 

Asmus Freytag

Relay the UTC's request to Michel Suignard to please consider contributing to the discussion of internationalized white space collapsing. [L2/01-175]

Done

87-19

 

Debbie Anderson

Inform Michael Everson of the UTC decisions on the Aegean scripts proposal and ensure that the proposal gets updated in time for the October WG2 meeting, to make amendment 1 for Part 2. [L2/01-149]

 

87-20

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline page with the accepted Agean scripts characters. [L2/01-149]

 

87-21

 

Asmus Freytag

Notify Mike Ksar that he needs to put the Limbu proposal on the WG2 agenda for the Singapore meeting, to consider for amendment 2 for part 1. [L2/01-137, 138, 139]

Done

87-22

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline page with the accepted Limbu script characters. [L2/01-137, 138, 139]

 

87-23

 

Rick McGowan

Get a Limbu font. [L2/01-137, 138, 139]

 

87-24

 

Ken Whistler

Ask Roozbeh Pournader to update the proposal for ARABIC CURRENCY SIGN RIAL and forward it to Mike Ksar for the WG2 agenda for the Singapore meeting, to consider for amendment 2 for part 1. [L2/01-148R]

 

87-25

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline page with the ARABIC CURRENCY SIGN RIAL. [L2/01-148R]

 

87-26

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline page with the Ugaritic script characters. [L2/01-141]

 

87-27

 

Arnold Winkler

Communicate with the US SC22 delegate that 15435 should be withdrawn.

 

87-28

 

Markus Scherer, Cathy Wissink

Work with the Editorial Committee to update the GB 18030 FAQ and post. [L2/01-216]

 

87-29

 

Rick McGowan

Post GB 18030 mapping table with explanatory text.

 

87-30

 

Cathy Wissink

Verify the mappings for GB 18030 with the Chinese committee.

 

87-31

 

Markus Scherer

Prepare a draft update of UTR#22 Character Mapping Tables. [L2/01-180]

 

87-32

 

Rick McGowan

Archive the mappings/EastAsian files, adding to the readme analysis from L2/01-179, 192.

 

87-33

 

Uma

Develop an FAQ on JIS X 0213.

 

87-34

 

Nobu Mori

Write up a document requesting that the C/C++ committees add a UTF-16 datatype and string literal support. Send to the UTC/L2 lists for review as a joint UTC/L2 proposal. [L2/01-195, 220]

 

87-35

 

Asmus Freytag

Contact Kent Karlsson for background information for proposal to C/C++ committees. [L2/01-220]

Done

87-36

 

Hideki Hiura

Inform Steve Clamagh (Chair of C++ committee) about the UTC proposal on supporting UTF-16 and ask to have it be considered. [L2/01-195, 220]

 

87-37

 

Mark Davis

Update SpecialCasing.txt to better handle Greek sigma. [L2/01-196]

 

87-38

 

Editorial Committee

Incorporate UTR#21 Case Mappings into Unicode 4.

In progress

87-39

 

Mark Davis, Eric Muller

Produce a draft technical report for the next UTC and a sample file showing the Unicode Character Database in that format. [L2/01-194]

 

87-40

 

Rick McGowan, John Jenkins

Set up a database for UTC members to use to contain information about variants.

 

87-41

 

John Jenkins

Prepare a document on variation selectors for the next UTC.

 

87-42

 

John Jenkins

Ask the IRG for mappings or pointers to mappings for their character sets.

 

87-43

 

Bidi Committee

Analyze the bidi issues raised in the Atkin/Stansifer documents and make recommendations on what actions to take. [L2/01-218, 219]

 

87-44

 

Editorial Committee

Take the recommendations from the bidi committee on the issues raised in the Atkin/Stansifer documents and see if documentation changes are required and how such changes should be managed. [L2/01-218, 219]

 

87-45

 

Rick McGowan

Add Steve Atkin to the bidi e-mail list.

 

87-46

 

Steve Atkin

Contact Mark Leisher and let him know about the bidi problems detected in his freeware.

 

87-47

 

Editorial Committee

Make the updates to Arabic cursive joining necessary to correct items 1 and 6 of L2/01-214, based on motion 87-M13.

 

87-48

 

Bidi Committee

Analyze the bidi issues raised in items 2, 3, 4, and 5 of document L2/01-214 and make recommendations to the UTC on what actions to take.

 

87-49

 

Rick McGowan

Make a list of characters in the standard that have been deprecated.

 

87-50

 

Members

Determine from company database engineers the need for UTF-8S.

 

87-51

 

Toby Phipps, Nobu Mori, Jianping Yang

Update the UTF-8S proposal, including adding performance measurements. [L2/01-230]

 

87-52

 

Lisa Moore

Invite Kent Karlsson to participate in discussions on his proposal on changes to SpecialCasing.txt and soft dot above at the next UTC. [L2/01-202]

 

87-53

 

Mark Davis

Relay to Kent Karlsson the feedback that the UTC does not wish to modify the normal case for casing i and j. [L2/01-191R]

 

87-54

 

Mark Davis

Solicit a new name for locale-independent grapheme on unicore. [L2/01-086]

 

87-55

 

Mark Davis

Update property files with the new locale-independent grapheme property. [L2/01-086]

 

87-56

 

Mark Davis

Update UTR#17: Character Encoding Model and UTR#18: Unicode Regular Expression Guidelines with the new locale-independent grapheme property. [L2/01-086]

 

87-57

 

Editorial Committee

Create appropriate erratum for the new locale-independent grapheme property. [L2/01-086]

 

87-58

 

Mark Davis

Notify the W3C of the new locale-independent grapheme property. [L2/01-086]

 

87-59

 

Lisa Moore

Add an agenda item for the next UTC to discuss the name of the new locale-independent grapheme property and its interactions with other properties. [L2/01-086]

 

87-60

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Incorporate the new ideographic description property into the appropriate version of the Standard and database. [L2/01-085]

Done

87-61

 

Mark Davis

Document the semantics of the combining grapheme joiner for discussion at the next UTC.

 

87-62

 

Unicode L2 Liaison

Ensure that the name changes to 29D1, 29D2, 29D4, 29D5 given in motion 87-M15 are part of the US comments on the FDAM. [L2/01-227]

 

87-63

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline and database with the changes in the PDAM for Amendment 1 given in motion 87-M15 and document L2/01-227.

 

87-64

 

Ken Whistler, Mark Davis

Develop a stability proposal for the UCA collation weight table.

 

87-65

 

Mark Davis

Post the UCA conformance test and solicit feedback.

Done

87-66

 

Mark Davis, Ken Whistler

Post a draft update of UTS#10: Unicode Collation Algorithm and solicit feedback.

 

87-67

 

V.S. Uma

Inform Michel Suignard of the correct way to process the list of variation selectors for PDAM 1. [L2/01-226]

 

87-68

 

Rick McGowan

Review the math technical report in detail and provide feedback to the authors by June 1.[L2/01-226]

 

87-69

 

Murray Sargent, Asmus Freytag

Update Proposed Draft UTR#25: Unicode Support for Mathematics, have it reviewed by the Editorial Committee and then post. [L2/01-226]

In progress

87-70

 

Lisa Moore

Notify Murray Sargent of the next Editorial Committee meeting date.

Done

87-71

 

Lisa Moore

Add the East Asian updates to the list of data file fixes for 3.1.1. [L2/01-189]

Done

87-72

 

Asmus Freytag

Make updates to the East Asian width tables to reflect the changes agreed to in 87-M19. [L2/01-189]

87-73

 

Editorial Committee

Modify the enumerated versions page and the versions page to align with the method of citing the Unicode Standard specified in document L2/01-233.

 

87-74

 

Ken Whistler

Write up the problem with the mapping of FA45 by JIS X 0213 and distribute to Japan SC2, IRG, and WG2 (Sato-san, Kobayashi-san, John Jenkins, and Mike Ksar) L2/01-164, p.82.

 

87-75

 

John Jenkins

Present the problem with the mapping of FA45 by JIS X 0213 at the June IRG meeting.

 

87-76

 

Michel Suignard

Write a document answering the questions raised in L2/01-168.

 

87-77

 

Lisa Moore

Add the bracket disunification topic to the agenda of the next UTC.

 

87-78

 

Mark Davis, Michel Suignard

Produce an update to UAX#13: Unicode Newline Guidelines that adds a section on collapsing white space.

 

87-79

 

Mark Davis

Convey to W3C the UTC action to update UAX#13: Unicode Newline Guidelines with a section on collapsing white space.

 

From UTC #86 and L2 #183, Jan. 29 Feb. 1, 2001 in Mountain View (MS)

UTC#

L2#

Who?

Action

Status

86-1

 

Mike Ksar

Contact Kamal Mansour about the status of the proposal he is writing for Arabic combining characters (old action item 85-A1).

Done

86-2

 

Lisa Moore

Add new liaison member to list of liaison organizations (Michael Kaplan from INFITT, the INternational Forum for Information Technology in Tamil).

 Done

86-3

 

Murray Sargent

Confirm there is a room available for the new dates for UTC 88 (August 14-17, 2001).

 

86-4

 

Dave Birdsall

Write a SQL character handling background paper for UTC/L2 distribution. 

Done

86-5

 

Dave Birdsall

Revise Liaison Report based on feedback received at the meeting. [L2/01-052]

Done

86-6

 

Lisa Moore 

Send a note to Toby Phipps letting him know that the UTC is eagerly awaiting the DB technical report (old action item 84-A29). 

Done

86-7

 

Ken Whistler

Provide feedback to J.M. Sykes on terminology and the character/glyph model. [L2/01-057]

Done

86-8

 

Editorial Committee

Change the status of UTR#7: Plane 14 Characters
for Language Tags to Superseded by by the publication of Unicode 3.1.

In progress

86-9

 

Ken Whistler

Prepare the updated Unicode 3.1 collation tables and modify the packaging to be one file.

 

86-10

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Update UAX#19: UTF-32. [L2/01-061] 

Done

86-11

 

Editorial Committee

Prepare an addition to the boiler plate of technical reports that points to useful informative material. 

Done

86-12

 

Mark Davis

Pursue IANA registration of UTF-32 (all three forms).

In progress

86-13

 

Officers

Revisit allowing proxy designations by e-mail in the UTC Procedures.

In progress

86-14

 

Lisa Moore

Update the UTC Procedures document with feedback received at the meeting and post on the public part of the web.

Done

86-15

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Update UTR#24: Script Names. [L2/01-062, 063]

Done

86-16

 

Rick McGowan

Reply to the author of the Kannada paper,      L2/01-037, thanking him and letting him know that the UTC will incorporate explanatory material into the Standard and character annotations where appropriate.  Point out that sorting is done by    using the Unicode Collation Algorithm; appendices 1 and 3 are unnecessary; and to propose new characters for encoding in Unicode, he should fill out a proposal summary form and submit with background information, evidence of usage, etc. Also inform him of the involvement by Dr. Om Vikas.

Done
L2/01-101

86-17

 

Ken Whistler, Mark Davis

Update the math and East Asian property information in the property file to account for adding U+3008 and U+3009 to the list of    characters with the math property. [L2/01-033] 

Done

86-18

 

Asmus Freytag

As Unicode Liaison to L2 and WG2, support the  UTC's action  in 86-M5 (rejecting the disunification of brackets and braces) during L2 and WG2 meetings. [L2/01-033] 

 

86-19

 

Murray Sargent

Inform MathML of the change to use U+3008 and U+3009 as math characters instead of U+2329 and U+232A. [L2/01-033]

 

86-20

 

Cathy Wissink, Markus Scherer

Co-author a FAQ on GB18030.

Done

86-21

 

Cathy Wissink, Markus Scherer

Organize the UTC work effort to publish a mapping for GB18030.

In progress

86-22

 

Editorial Committee

For Unicode 3.1, number articles with Roman    numerals and consistently note the status of the sections as part of the header.

Done

86-23

 

Ken Whistler

Add non-characters from planes 3 to 16 to the nameslist, and designate planes 15 and 16 as private use.

Done

86-24

 

Asmus Freytag

Update charts to include non-characters from planes 3 to 16 to the nameslist, and designate planes 15 and 16 as private use.

Done

86-25

 

Editorial Committee

Incorporate agreed to changes (motions     86-M8-11) to Proposed Draft Unicode Technical Report #27: Unicode 3.1, and publish as the     Unicode Standard Annex #27: Unicode 3.1. [L2/01-041, 058, 092]

Done

86-26

 

Editorial Committee

Update UAX#27: Unicode 3.1, making Cn the      default value for the general category. Including explanatory text for C10. [L2/01-009R].

Done

86-27

 

Editorial Committee

For Unicode 3.1, update the proplist file to      include the new categories of derived properties decided in motion 86-M13. [L2/01-082]

Done

86-28

 

Sairus Patel

Prepare an updated dingbats proposal, give to Mike Ksar for submission to WG2, and provide fonts to Asmus Freytag. [L2/00-436, l2/01-087] 

Done

86-29

 

Ken Whistler

Add the fourteen new dingbat characters to the pipeline document. [L2/00-436]

Done

86-30

 

Rick McGowan

Initiate an internet draft describing the Unicode      process for standardizing technical content. L2/01-032] 

 

86-31

 

Officers

Improve communications processes with liaison organizations and the public in response to the IETF's desire to work with publicly released information. [L2/01-032] 

In progress

86-32

 

Rick McGowan

Initiate an internet draft describing the registration
process for namespace authorities. [L2/01-056]

In progress

86-33

 

Asmus Freytag

Provide wording on UTC actions (86-M15, 16)
regarding recycling symbols to Michel Suignard for US comments. [L2/01-005]

Done

86-34

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline document with the four additional recycling symbols approved in 86-M16. [L2/01-005]

Done

86-35

 

Ken Whistler

Update pipeline with the UTC's action to rescind
U+17DD KHMER SIGN LAAK as documented in 86-M17.

Done

86-36

 

Michel Suignard

Include in US comments on Amendment 1, the UTC's action to rescind U+17DD KHMER SIGN LAAK as documented in 86-M17. 

Done

86-37

 

Michel Suignard

Have the US comments on Amendment 1 support
Bruce Paterson's comments given in L2/01-073.

Done

86-38

 

Michel Suignard

Include in the US comments the UTC's approval of the 10646-2 FDIS in motion 86-M18.

Done

86-39

 

Michel Suignard

Include in the US comments on Amendment 1  the UTC's decision that symbol names should use "BLACK" instead of "FILLED" and  "WHITE" should be added to character names that are complementary characters to those with "BLACK" in the names.

Done

86-40

 

Mark Davis

Respond to Michael Everson's comments and concerns about the COMBINING GRAPHEME JOINER found in WG2 action item 39-10-a.
[L2/01-042]

In progress

86-41

 

Ken Whistler

Update the composition exclusion list to include
U+FB1D YOD WITH HIRIQ. [L2/01-004] 

Done

86-42

 

Mark Davis

Update Normalizationtest.txt to account for adding
U+FB1D YOD WITH HIRIQ to the composition exclusion list. [L2/01-004] 
 

Done

86-43

 

Editorial Committee

Update UAX#15: Unicode Normalization Forms
to incorporate the addition of U+FB1D YOD WITH HIRIQ to the composition exclusion list and
note it is a corrigendum. [L2/01-004] 
 

Done

86-44

 

Editorial Committee

Update the Unicode Policies document to note the
corrigendum in normalization forms which adds U+FB1D YOD WITH HIRIQ to the composition
exclusion list. [L2/01-004] 

 

86-45

 

Editorial Committee

Include in Unicode 3.1 the corrigendum to    normalization forms which adds U+FB1D YOD WITH HIRIQ to the composition exclusion list. [L2/01-004] 

Done

86-46

 

Editorial Committee: now
Lisa Moore

Once all updates to account for the corrigendum in normalization forms which added U+FB1D YOD WITH HIRIQ to the composition exclusion list are complete (86-A41-45), announce the change publicly. [L2/01-004] 

Done

86-47

 

Unicode Liaisons
now Lisa Moore

Inform Liaison Members of the corrigendum in
normalization forms which added U+FB1D YOD WITH HIRIQ to the composition exclusion list.
L2/01-004]

Done

86-48

 

Editorial Committee

Increase the warnings about using language tag
characters in Unicode 3.1.

Done

86-49

 

Lisa Moore

Respond to the Georgian Ministry of IT on re-ordering the Georgian characters (point to the collation table that can be used for ordering) and on the representation of their requested character by a combining sequence. [L2/01-059] 

Done

86-50

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline document with the two new
Georgian accepted in 86-M21. [L2/01-046, 047, 048] 

Done

86-51

 

Lisa Moore

Forward the proposal for the two new Georgian accepted in 86-M21 to WG2 with a cover letter. [L2/01-046, 047, 048] 
 

Done

86-52

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline with the rejected Georgian letter U-BRJGU and document the combining sequence that can be used to represent it <U+10E3, U+030C>. [L2/01-046, 047, 048]

Done

86-53

 

Michael Kaplan

Run the chart program using a Nuskhuri font and
provide to the Editorial Committee by February
15, 2001. [L2/01-040] 
 

Done

86-54

 

Editorial Committee

Update the Georgian text in Unicode 3.1 based on document L2/01-040 and motion 86-M23.

Done

86-55

 

Joe Becker

Inform Michael Everson of the UTC actions on Georgian. 

Done

86-56

 

Lisa Moore

Inform the Georgian Ministry of IT of the latest Unicode text on Georgian and let them know a new code chart based on the liturgical font will be included. 

Done

86-57

 

Lisa Moore

Reply to the Patriarch of Georgia on behalf of the UTC.

 

86-58

 

Editorial Committee

Update the text of Unicode 3.1 and change UAX#9 to reflect motions 86-M24, 25. [L/01-089]

Done

86-59

 

Editorial Committee

Include the derived property files as separate files in the Unicode 3.1 directory and update readmes as appropriate. [L2/01-082] 

Done

86-60

 

Mark Davis

Make fixes in the derived property list files for Unicode 3.1 as discussed during UTC#86. [L2/01-082]

Done

86-61

 

Mark Davis, Ken Whistler

Update the proplist file for the whitespace property for Unicode 3.1 as agreed in motion 86-M27. [L2/01-082] 

Done

86-62

 

Editorial Committee

Ensure that proplist.html has sufficient explanation in Unicode 3.1. [L2/01-082]

Done

86-63

 

Asmus Freytag, Murray Sargent 

Form an ad hoc group to refine the math proposal given in L2/01-088.

Done

86-64

 

Asmus Freytag

The Unicode liaison to WG2 should oppose the
addition of the math characters (given in L2/01-088) to Amendment 1 unless a letter ballot is passed by the UTC. 

Moot

86-65

 

Asmus Freytag

Respond to Patrick Ion on the math variant characters, informing him that the UTC is determining if the eight math characters given in document L2/01-064 should be encoded individually. This work will be undertaken by the math ad hoc group.

Done

86-66

 

Mark Davis

Notify UTC corporate members of the impending deadline for comments on the W3C character model. [L2/01-071] 

Done

86-67

 

Mark Davis

Forward UTC comments on the W3C character model to the W3C I18N Working Group. [L2/01-071]

Done

86-68

 

Mark Davis

Produce a document on the ISO 8601/XML Schema date/time range problems for L2 to forward to the appropriate ISO committee. [L2/01-043]

Done

86-69

 

Asmus Freytag, Editorial Committee

Provide text in bidi implementation guidelines in Unicode 3.1 to describe non-removal of explicit controls. [L2/01-089]

Done

86-70

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline document with the new character ARABIC TAIL FRAGMENT. [L2/01-069] 

Done

86-71

 

V.S. Umamaheswaran

Update the proposal summary form for the
character, ARABIC TAIL FRAGMENT, and forward to WG2. [L2/01-069]

Done

86-72

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline document with the new character LATIN CAPITAL LETTER N WITH LONG RIGHT LEG . [L2/00-423] 

Done

86-73

 

Asmus Freytag

The Unicode Liaison to WG2 is instructed to support the new character LATIN CAPITAL LETTER N WITH LONG RIGHT LEG . [L2/00-423]

Done

86-74

 

Asmus Freytag

Provide input to Michel Suignard for US comments on changing the name of U+2140 from DOUBLE STUCK CAPITAL SIGMA to DOUBLE STRUCK N-ARY SUMMATION. [L2/00-426] 

Moot

86-75

 

Michel Suignard

Include in the US comments on Amendment 1  the UTC's decision that the name of U+2140 should be changed from DOUBLE STUCK CAPITAL SIGMA to DOUBLE STRUCK N-ARY SUMMATION. [L2/00-426]

Done

86-76

 

Arnold Winkler

Provide comments on the Taxonomy for European Localization Requirements to Uma for him to forward to CEN. [L2/01-021]

 

86-77

 

Lisa Moore

Respond to the COBOL committee's query about normatively referencing TR 14562. [L2/01-035]

Done, 01-097

86-78

 

Editorial Committee

Review document L2/01-081, update as
appropriate, and post as Proposed Draft Technical Report#23: Survey and Guidelines for Unicode Character Properties.

 

 

183-79

Davis, Whistler

Draft text to include references to Bidi and Normalization into the PDAM#1 for 10646-1:2000

 

 

183-80

Arnold Winkler

Confirm UTC/L2 meeting arrangements with Toby Phipps

Done

 

183-81

Arnold Winkler

Report changes in US delegates to NCITS

Done

 

183-82

Lisa Moore

Lisa will reply to Klein and recommend that Unicode be used instead of TR 14652 for COBOL. 

Done

 

183-84

Joan Aliprand

contact Pat Harris to prepare documentation for registration of ANSI/NISO Z39.47

 

 

183-85

Joan Aliprand
Rick McGowan

Publish mapping tables for ISO TC46 standards

 

 

From UTC #85 and L2 #184, November 7-10, 2000 in San Diego, (NCR)

UTC#

L2#

Who?

Action

Status

85-1

 

Mark Davis, Kamal Mansour

Write a proposal for Arabic combining    characters.

Done

85-2

 

Sandra Martin O'Donnell

Working with Peter Constable and Rick McGowan, further refine the requirements for qualified namespace authorities.

In progress

85-7

 

Kamal Mansour

Prepare a proposal summary form for ARABIC LETTER DOTLESS BEH and ARABIC LETTER DOTLESS QAF and forward to WG2. [L2/00-354] 

Done

85-9

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Put a link on the Unicode web site to the roadmap.

In progress

85-12

 

Ken Whistler

Draft two documents in response to JIS X 0213 compatibility characters: 1) our counter proposal to Sato-san's document L2/00-378 and 2) a document that maps JIS  X 0213 compatibility characters to the CJK radical extension. Distribute these documents with a liaison statement to WG2 and ask Kimura-san to distribute to SC2.

Closed

85-14

 

Sandra Martin O'Donnell

Draft FAQ material to respond to Unicode and internationalization concerns that have come up on the SUS discussion list. [L2/00-382]

Planned for February delivery

85-15

 

Ken Whistler

Send notes on Unicore soliciting comments on 15897, 15435 and 14652. [L2/00-381, 383, 385, 386]

Done

85-17

 

Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee

Incorporate into V3.1 changes to explanatory text for datafiles regarding changes to the General Category property and Case Mappings.     [L2/00-392] 

Done

85-22

 

Mark Davis, Ken Whistler

Work with Michael Everson to produce a new
proposal for the grapheme joiner for WG2. [L2/00-369]

Done

85-27

 

Mark Davis

Write a response on FDIS 8601 to be reviewed by the Editorial Committee and forwarded through WG20. [L2/00-389]

Done

85-30

 

Arnold Winkler

Watch the SC35 list for anything regarding CLAUI
compliance checking and forward to UTC members. [L2/00-321, 384]

Closed, ongoing

85-33

 

Michael Kaplan, Editorial Committee

Update the Tamil block description to note that item 5, page 232 is archaic practice. [L2/00-400] 

In progress

85-36

 

Om Vikas

Pursue organizing an ad hoc work group of Indic experts and UTC experts for educational purposes.

 

85-37

 

Michael Kaplan

Provide text on visual ordering of input for Indic script block introductions. 

In progress

85-38

 

Om Vikas

Provide text for Indic script block introductions, particularly including information on syllable formation.

In progress

85-40

 

Asmus Freytag

Solicit further input from Unicore on Proposed Draft Technical Report #23, Character Property Model, and update based on input received during the UTC and from Unicore, including a change in title to Proposed Draft Technical Report #23, Survey and Guidelines for Unicode Character Properties. [L2/00-401] 

Done

85-41

 

Ken Whistler

Note in the datafiles the new property defined for ZWSP - collapsible white space.

Closed

 

From UTC #84 and L2 #183, August 8-11, 2000 in Boston (Progress)

UTC#

L2#

Who?

Action

Status

84-02

 

Murray Sargent

Add descriptive text for the math proposal that can be used in publication of the Standard. We need to know how the math characters should be used in practice, any systematic relationships, and the use of other characters with the math property that won't be in the math block.

Closed

84-04

 

Asmus Freytag

Complete the table given in the Character Foldings proposal, L2/00-261, and make suggested updates including the rationale section.

In progress

84-29

 

Toby Phipps

Include the issues raised in L2/00-184 in the TR on using Unicode in databases.

 

84-44

 

Mark, Editorial Committee

Pull out appropriate text from L2/00-262 on handling
surrogates and create a FAQ.

 

84-28

 

Editorial Committee

Correct the terminology used on the Unicode web site
(particularly in the Technical Introduction) based on the confusion in terms noted in Appendix B of L2/00-184. 

In progress

From UTC #83 and L2 #182 April 25-28, 2000  San Jose (Microsoft)

 

UTC#

L2#

Who?

Action

Status

83-02

 

(Mark Davis)
assigned to Jenkins

Have Cora Chang verify the collection of compatibility characters given in L2/00-087 (map to source and verify no duplicates)

Assigned to Jenkins

83-30

 

Patrick Ion
Ken Whistler

Analyze math symbols to propose annotations to clarify character usage.

Waiting for input from Patric

83-45

 

John Jenkins (taking over from Mark Davis)

Document in Unicode 3.1 that the radical characters are compatibility characters and ensure that this is communicated to WG2 and the IRG.

Closed

 

UTC #81 and L2 #178, October 26-29, 1999 in Mission Viejo [Unisys]

UTC #

L2 #

Who ?

Action

Status 

81-01

 

Officers, Aliprand

Develop a policy on patents and inform the UTC

Withdrawn

 

L2 home page