From: Mike Ksar
I have a copy of the brochure on this new high level standards
State Administration of the People’s Republic of China for Standardization
The State Administration of the People’s Republic of
I. The Main Responsibilities
1. To draft and revise the state laws and regulations on standardization, to formulate and implement the policies on standardization; to prepare the national administrative rules on standardization and develop relevant systems; to organize the implementation of laws, rules and systems on standardization.
2. To be responsible for
formulating the development programs on standardization of
3. To be responsible for organizing the development and revision of national standards; to be responsible for the examination, approval, numbering and publication of national standards.
4. To be responsible for the management of funds used for developing and revising national standards and the funds specially used for research on standards and standardization activities.
5. To manage and guide scientific and technical work related to standardization as well as the dissemination, education and training concerned.
6. To be responsible for coordinating and administering national technical committees of standardization concerned.
7. To be responsible for coordinating and guiding sector and local standardization work; to be responsible for registration of sector and local standards.
8. To represent China to join the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and other international and regional standardization organizations; to be responsible for organizing the activities of Chinese National Committee for ISO and IEC; to be responsible for organizing domestic sectors and local areas to participate in the international or regional activities on standardization; to be responsible for signing and implementing international cooperation agreements on standardization, and to examine, approve and organize the implementation of international cooperation and exchanging projects on standardization; to be responsible for examining work on international activies related to standardization.
9. To administer the work of national systems of organizational entity codes and commodity bar codes;
10. To be responsible for dissemination, implementation and popularization of national standards; to supervise the implementation of national standards/
11. To administer nationwide information work on standardization
12. To carry out the notification and inquiry work of standards stipulated by WTO/TBT Agreement.
II. Internal Structure
ˇˇč Administrative Leadership
1. General Office
2. Dept. of Planning and Information
3. Dept. of International Standards
4. Dept. of Agriculture, Light Industry and Local Standardization
5. Dept. of Industry and Transportation
6. Dept. of New and High Technology
III. Administrative Leadership
Mr. Li Zhonghai Administrator
Mr. Wang Zhongmin Vice Administrator
Mr. Shi Baoquan Vice Administrator
Mr. Su Zhongmin Assistant Administrator (votes on JTC1 ballots)