L2/SD-2 -- Action items from UTC and L2

July 3, 2002

From UTC #91 and L2 #188, April 30-May 3, 2002 in Pleasanton (Peoplesoft))

 

UTC#

L2#

Who?

Action

Status

91-1

 

Cathy Wissink

Add emergency phone numbers to logistics info for meetings.

done

91-2

 

Lisa Moore

Note on the calendar the standard meeting times.

done

91-3

 

Cathy Wissink

Follow up on AI 90-36, AI 90-70.

done

91-4

 

Deborah Goldsmith

Follow up on all of John Jenkins' open Action Items.

 

91-5

 

Lisa Moore

Follow up on action 88-35.

 

91-6

 

Rick McGowan, Officers

Make mirroring PDF files available to members on their web sites. Reference: AI 88-22. Write text explaining how to do the mirroring and which pages may be mirrored.

 

91-7

 

Rick McGowan, Editorial Committee

Review the text for mirroring PDF files for legal disclaimers and post

 

91-8

 

Mark Davis

Raise issues in AI 87-43 & 87-44 on to the Bidi committee with a request for last call for comments.

 

91-9

 

Asmus Freytag, Editorial Committee

Review and post Unicode Technical Standard #6 A Standard Compression Scheme for Unicode. [ L2/02-171]

done

91-10

 

Lisa Moore

Add to the agenda for UTC#92 an item about cross references -- to look at how aliases can be usefully represented in a machine readable form.

 

91-11

 

Mark Davis

Add Unihan properties to the UCD.

 

91-12

 

Eric Muller

Update the committee draft of UCD in XM for the next meeting (UTC#92). [L2/02-179]

 

91-13

 

Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee

Elaborate on the status of the information in Nameslist.txt.

Closed; on EC list

91-14

 

Rick McGowan

Point John Jenkins to examples to use to complete AI 89-16

 

91-15

 

John Jenkins

Create a document for AI 89-16.

 

91-16

 

John Jenkins

Bring to the IRG's attention the fact that mappings between simplified and traditional characters are of interest to the UTC, and the UTC will request such mappings from WG2.

 

91-17

 

John Jenkins

Use the latest WG2 proposal summary form and submit U+2FDF IDEOGRAPHIC TABOO VARIATION INDICATOR for the next WG2 meeting in Dublin. Forward to Mike Ksar. [L2/02-052]

 

91-18

 

Ken Whistler

Update pipeline to include U+2FDF IDEOGRAPHIC TABOO VARIATION INDICATOR. [L2/02-052]

 

91-19

 

John Jenkins

Inform the IRG of UTC acceptance of U+2FDF IDEOGRAPHIC TABOO VARIATION INDICATOR. [L2/02-052]

 

91-20

 

John Jenkins

Send a font for U+2FDF IDEOGRAPHIC TABOO VARIATION INDICATOR to Asmus Freytag. [L2/02-052]

 

91-21

 

Asmus Freytag

Fix the glyph error of U+0ABD GUJARATI SIGN AVAGRAHA. Will also investigate to make sure that it's really an error. [L2/02-111]

 done

91-22

 

Asmus Freytag, Editorial Committee

Post an erratum for the glyph fix to U+0ABD GUJARATI SIGN AVAGRAHA. [L2/02-111]

Closed; on EC list

91-23

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline to include the 87 tetragram and related characters accepted for encoding at 1D300..1D356. [L2/02-089]

 

91-24

 

Rick McGowan

Check on whether L2/02-089 on the encoding of 87 tetragram and related characters has been submitted to WG2. If it has not been submitted, then do so. Answer: Yes, it is on the agenda for Dublin: N2416 Proposal to add monogram, digram and tetragram characters to the UCS. Richard S. Cook, Michael Everson, Michael Nylan; 2002-02-11.

 done

91-25

 

Michael Everson

Submit a font to Asmus Freytag for printing the 87 tetragram characters in the standard. [L2/02-089]

 

91-26

 

Michael Everson

Submit a plain text version of the names for the 87 tetragram & related symbols to the Editorial Committee. [L2/02-089]

 

91-27

 

Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Document the behavior of the ROBAT character for 4.0; also document its collation behavior. [L2/02-131]

Closed; on EC list

91-28

 

Asmus Freytag

Convey to the author the UTC consensus on the Uralic Phonetic Alphabet (UPA) characters proposed in L2/02-141: 1. more aggressive/enthusiastic unification is needed (Look at 02F4 through 6 as examples), 2. separate out small caps forms and those modifier letters that are indistinguishable from superscript and subscript letters, into a separate set for consideration for Plane 1.

done

91-29

 

Asmus Freytag

Address the problem with line breaking in hangul jamo for the next meeting, UTC#92.

 

91-30

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Update and post Draft Unicode Technical Report #29 Text Boundaries. [L2/02-164, 175]

 

91-31

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Make Draft Unicode Technical Report #29 Text Boundaries a Unicode Annex  in Unicode 4, after appropriate editorial updates to the content.

 

91-32

 

Asmus Freytag

Update Proposed Draft Unicode Technical Report #30 Character Foldings as per discussion. [L2/02-186]

done

91-33

 

Asmus Freytag, Editorial Committee

Review and post Proposed Draft Unicode Technical Report #30 Character Foldings. [L2/02-186]

done

91-34

 

Lisa Moore, Officers

Discuss having Unicode host the WG2 meeting planned for 4th quarter of 2003.

done

91-35

 

Asmus Freytag

Ask the Bidi Subcommittee to advise regarding the proposal in L2/02-163 and to send their recommendations to the UTC.

done

91-36

 

Julie Allen, Editorial Committee

Document more clearly the range of glyphs for the Arabic digits, L2/02-163.

Closed; on EC list

91-37

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline with the two Greek characters to be used with Bactrian (U+03F7 GREEK CAPITAL LETTER SHO and U+03F7 GREEK SMALL LETTER SHO). [L2/02-163]

 

91-38

 

Michael Everson

Send  Asmus a font for the two Greek characters to be used with Bactrian (U+03F7 GREEK CAPITAL LETTER SHO and U+03F7 GREEK SMALL LETTER SHO). [L2/02-163]

done

91-39

 

Asmus Freytag

As UTC's WG2 liaison, be advised that the UTC has no strong opinion on the timing of adding the two Greek characters for use in Bactrian (U+03F7 GREEK CAPITAL LETTER SHO and U+03F7 GREEK SMALL LETTER SHO). [L2/02-163]

moot

91-40

 

UTC's WG2 representatives

Support the position on Bengali given in L2/02-108, including a request for more information if the subject should come up during the Dublin meeting.

done

91-41

 

Rick McGowan

Relay the UTC consensus on Coptic disunification to Michael Everson. [L2/98-022]

 

91-42

 

Ken Whistler, Umamaheswaran

Draft text for Annex A of  TR 10176 by May 25, 2002. [L2/02-142]

 

91-43

 

Lisa Moore

Add identifier stability to the agenda of the next UTC (UTC#92). [L2/02-142]

 

91-44

 

Mike Ksar

Report on the status of the liaison between Unicode and SC2 and SC22, both directions.

 

91-45

 

John Jenkins, Editorial Committee

Issue an erratum and provice corrected glyphs for Han Extension B to Asmus Freytag in reasonably matching trutype format. [L2/02-115]

 

91-46

 

Asmus Freytag

Forward the glyph error reports for Han Extension B to John Jenkins and Michel Suignard. [L2/02-115]

done

91-47

 

Asmus Freytag

Draft a response to Sato-san's concerns with the Unicode font policy and forward to John Jenkins. [L2/02-116]

done 

91-48

 

John Jenkins

Raise UTC response to Sato-san's concerns regarding font policy at next week's IRG meeting. [L2/02-116]

 

91-49

 

John Jenkins

Relay UTC comments on handling Han unification errors to the IRG at next week's. [L2/02-115]

 

91-50

 

John Jenkins

Prepare a WG2 proposal summary form for the four new Desert characters, including glyphs and with L2/02-169 as an attachment for Part 2, Amendment 1.

 

91-51

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline with the four new Desert characters (91-C17). [L2/02-169]

 

91-52

 

Asmus Freytag

Relay the consensus on CJK mapping additions (91-C18) to John Jenkins. [L2/02-155, 156]

done

91-53

 

John Jenkins

Relay to the IRG the UTC consensus on CJK mapping additions (91-C18), and make associated updates to the Unihan data file. [L2/02-155, 156]

 

91-54

 

Asmus Freytag

As part of the Unicode liaison report, relay to WG2 the UTC consensus on CJK mapping additions (91-C18). [L2/02-155, 156]

moot

91-55

 

Rick McGowan, Debbie Anderson

Update document L2/02-191 on Aegean, to include the corrected glyph images; explain why the value in parentheses (the ISO comment) is being removed;  remove the two words "Linear B" from the annotations.

 

91-56

 

Rick McGowan, Debbie Anderson

Send the revised document on Aegean, titled Additional Ballot Comments on Aegean to WG2 (Mike Ksar) for the May meeting. [L2/02-191]

 

91-57

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline to include the repertoire of the UPA accepted in 91-M4. [L2/02-192]

 

91-58

 

Asmus Freytag

Notify Michael Everson of the UTC decisions regarding UPA in 91-M4, M5. [L2/02-192]

 done

91-59

 

Mark Davis, Officers

Establish the process for public review of issues.

 

91-60

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Once the public issues process is established, raise the candidacy for deprecation of the Plane 14 Language Tag characters as an issue.

Closed; on EC list

91-61

 

Cathy Wissink

Send text modifications of Proposed Update to Unicode Technical Standard #10 Collation to Mark Davis. [L2/02-173]

done

91-62

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Update and post Unicode Technical Standard #10 Collation. [L2/02-173]

 

91-63

 

Asmus Freytag, Editorial Committee

Update and post Draft Unicode Technical Report #23 Character Properties. [L2/02-172]

in progress

91-64

 

Asmus Freytag, Murray Sargent

Make updates and post again as Draft Unicode Technical Report #25 Unicode Support for Mathematics. [L2/02-174]

done

91-65

 

Ken Whistler

Update the pipeline with the three new combining double diacritics (91-C22). [L2/02-148, 176]

 

91-66

 

Mark Davis, Ken Whistler

Complete a WG2 proposal summary form, including examples, for the three new double diacritics and forward to WG2 in time for the May meeting (91-C22). [L2/02-148, 176]

 

91-67

 

Asmus Freytag

As Unicode liaison to WG2, be advised that the UTC is flexible in the encoding location of the three new combining double diacritics, and would like to see them in the next amendment (91-C22). [L2/02-148, 176]

done

91-68

 

Asmus Freytag

Produce the fonts for the three new combining double diacritics (91-C22). [L2/02-148, 176]

done

91-69

 

Asmus Freytag

Include in the liaison report to WG2, the Unicode 4.0 book publication schedule and express the need for stable content and thus the need to synchronize with the two amendments currently under ballot.

done

91-70

 

Mark Davis

Update L2/02-126 with the requested WG2 action in the beginning and submit as a WG2 document, asking them to issue a corrigendum.

 

91-71

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Create a corrigendum described in L2/02-126 for release in a Unicode update at the appropriate time (3.2.1 or later) 

Closed; on EC list

91-72

 

Lisa Moore

Send a formal letter to INFITT informing them that Michael Kaplan will be the Unicode liaison to their organization.  Additionally, request information for enhanced block descriptions before August 31, in order to be incorporated into Unicode 4.0.

Done

91-73

 

Lisa Moore

Put StandardizedVariants.html (regarding a machine readable file, 91-C24) onto the agenda for next meeting.

 

91-74

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Have a StandardizedVariants.txt file prepared for Unicode 3.2.1.

Closed; on EC list

91-75

 

Rick McGowan, Editorial Committee

Add standardized naming of the variant glyphs and add support to GIF serving program for retrieval of representative images.

Closed; on EC list

91-76

 

Asmus Freytag

Add standardized variant glyphs to the standard charting program.

 

91-77

 

Editorial Committee: 

Decide whether to move StandardizedVariants.html out of the UCD or not.

Closed; on EC list

91-78

 

Asmus Freytag, Mark Davis

Prepare a paper clarifying of the use of variation selectors with Mongolian.

 

91-79

 

Mark Davis

Remove U+06DD ARABIC END-OF-AYAH from default ignorable code point listing in Proplist.txt in Unicode 3.2.1.

 

91-80

 

UTC/Everyone

Question member experts if U+070F SYRIAC  ABBREVIATION MARK should have the default ignorable code point behavior.

 

91-81

 

Mark Davis

Raise the question of the U+070F SYRIAC  ABBREVIATION MARK (if it should have the default ignorable code point behavior) to the bidi committee.

 

91-82

 

Asmus Freytag

Draft text that documents existing information on known discrepancies in E. Asian mapping tables.

 

91-83

 

Mark Davis

Provide info to Asmus Freytag on pointers to information on mapping tables.

 

91-84

 

Cathy Wissink, Joan Aliprand

Respond to Randy Barry, et al. on TC46 mappings.

done

91-85

 

Joan Aliprand

Contact Michael Everson after the June WG2 meeting to discuss Glagolitic and to progress his proposal.

 

91-86

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Document the UTC response to issues raised in points 1, 4, and 6b of L2/02-194.

 

91-87

 

Asmus Freytag, Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Document the UTC response to issues raised in point 6a of L2/02-194.

 

91-88

 

Mark Davis, Bidi Committee

Come to consensus on issues raised in points  2, 3, and 5 of L2/02-194, and any other outstanding issues prior to the August UTC meeting.

 

91-89

 

Cathy Wissink

Close old Bidi Action Items from the list.

done

91-90

 

Ken Whistler

Develop further documentation on the Unicode conformance model. [L2/02-165]

 

91-91

 

Mark Davis

Develop further test cases and test data for Unicode conformance testing. [L2/02-149]

 

91-92

 

All UTC Members

Provide feedback to Mark Davis on the proposed conformance test cases. [L2/02-149]

 

91-93

 

Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee

Incorporate the terminology definitions from 91-C30 into 4.0 text.

Closed; on EC list

91-94

 

Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee

Update the definition scalar value to be the equivalent of non-surrogate code points for Unicode 4.0.

Closed; on EC list

 

From UTC #90 and L2 #187, February 11-14, 2002 in Mountain View (Microsoft)

 

UTC#

L2#

Who?

Action

Status

90-2

 

Mark Davis

Once again, forward to the W3C the Unicode proposal for characters to be used in XML identifiers. [L2/01-454]

Done

90-4

 

Sandra O'Donnell

Ask Dave Birdsall if he still intends to discuss SQL character set issues raised at UTC 87 with the SQL committee. [L2/01-188]

 

90-5

 

Rick McGowan, Editorial Committee

Extract useful information from Mark Davis' IUC21 tutorial on surrogates and create a FAQ (replaces 84-44).

 

90-28

 

Deborah Goldsmith

Forward the WG2 proposal summary form for the EJECT SYMBOL to Mike Ksar for consideration at the WG2 meeting. [L2/01-414]

Done

90-31

 

Michel Suignard

Include the updates to Limbu in US comments on PDAM-2. [L2/02-106]

Done

90-33

 

Michel Suignard

Include in comments on PDAM-1 a request for correction of the glyphs for variation selectors in US comments. [L2/02-105]

Done

90-36

 

Hideki Hiura

Let the Linux community know about the inaccurate locales.

 

90-37

 

Michel Suignard

In comments, request that the 13 newly accepted Arabic characters be included in PDAM-2. [L2/02-061; L2/02-106]

Done

90-39

 

Jonathan Kew, Mark Davis

Produce a WG2 proposal summary form and forward to WG2 for the newly accepted 13 Arabic characters. [L2/02-061]

 

90-40

 

Michel Suignard

In comments, request a change to remove U+06DD ARABIC END OF AYAH from the list of combining characters in Annex B and change its glyph, to no longer represent as a combining character. [L2/02-061]

Done

90-43

 

Asmus Freytag

Update the glyph for U+06DD ARABIC END OF AYAH, in a corregendum, to reflect that it is no longer a combining character. Note: On 2/20/02, the Editorial Committee made the decision to maintain synchrony in glyphs with 10646, so did not make the change. [L2/02-061]

Pending results from WG2 in Dublin

90-44

 

Mark Davis

Submit L2/02-010, on Hangul ordering, as a WG20 document.

Moot

90-45

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Modify Unicode Technical Standard #10 Unicode Collation Algorithm, to include the change in Hangul from motion 90-M4. [L2/01-469, L2/02-008, L2/02-010]

Done

90-47

 

Ken Whistler

Change numeric secondary weight values to prevent consistency problems.

Open until after June WG20 mtg

90-51

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Update Unicode 3.2 based on the decision on default grapheme cluster boundaries in 90-C17. [L2/2-043]

Moot

90-52

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Add information to html files in the next appropriate version of Unicode (probably 3.2.1) to note that trailing blanks and blank lines can be ignored.

Closed; on EC list

90-53

 

John Jenkins, Editorial Committee

Determine where to put the new radical/stroke index and place on the website.

Closed; on EC list

90-55

 

Rick McGowan, Editorial Committee

Review updates to Unicode Technical Report #26 Compatibility Encoding Scheme for UTF-16: 8-Bit (CESU-8) and post. [90-M5] [L2/02-088R]

Done

90-61

 

Eric Muller

Update the proposal for U+24FF NEGATIVE CIRCLED DIGIT ZERO and forward to WG2. [L2/01-480]

Done

90-64

 

Eric Muller

Send Asmus Freytag a font for U+24FF NEGATIVE CIRCLED DIGIT ZERO. [L2/01-480]

 Done

90-69

 

Officers

Issue a liaison communication to the Cambodian national body, with the intent to clarify issues, strengthen cooperation, and invite future participation.

Done

90-70

 

Paul Nelson, Cambodian delegation

Fully complete WG2 proposal forms for the 45 new Khmer characters and forward to WG2 with informative exhibits. [L2/02-099, 100, 101] 

 

90-73

 

Lisa Moore

Add further discussion of Khmer to the agenda for the next UTC. 

Done

90-74

 

All Members

Canvas their respective organizations on Khmer issues in order to discuss at the next UTC.

Done

90-75

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Review the technical reports for consistency with Unicode 3.2 and post changes as proposed updates to be reviewed at UTC 91.

In Progress (all updated except #17)

90-77

 

Julie Allen, Editorial Committee

Work with Mark Davis and the rest of the Editorial Committee to update draft text for Unicode 4.0 regarding case mapping and normalization, to reflect 90-C25.

Closed; on EC list

90-84

 

John Jenkins

Contact other organizations (Basis, Adobe, Microsoft, Apple, Xerox) with traditional and simplified mappings, asking them to make those mappings available for inclusion in Unihan.txt. Do this after Unicode 3.2 has been published.

 

90-86

 

Asmus Freytag

Work with Michel Suignard to develop comments on the DPRK symbols. [L2/01-420, L2/02-102, L2/02-106]

 Done

90-88

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Establish the process and subcommittee responsible for technical notes. [L2/02-075, 076]

Done

From UTC #89 and L2 #186, November 6-9, 2001 in Mountain View (Microsoft)

UTC#

L2#

Who?

Action

 

89-3

 

Eric Muller

Prepare a draft TR and a sample file of the UCD in the format proposed in document L2/01-194. (was 87-A39) [L2\02-079]

Done

89-5

 

Julie Allen, Editorial Committee

Fix the terminology in the Tech Intro, including composite (was 84-A28). See L2/00-184.

Done

89-12

 

John Jenkins

Work with Cora to determine the status of IDS decompositions and then work on any gaps and post on-line.

 

89-16

 

Rick McGowan

Prepare a document from the UTC to the IRG exemplifying the (TC/SC) variant problem to be sent to the IRG before the meeting in May 2002. [L2/01-417]

 

89-17

 

John Jenkins, Asmus Freytag

Convey to WG2 that the UTC will request the IRG to indicate which proposed compatibility characters are duplicates of existing or proposed compatibility characters. Due to time schedules, the UTC will ask the IRG to help with indicating the duplicates in the DPRK set. [89-C6]

In Progress

89-18

 

John Jenkins:

Prepare a document to send to WG2 that requests that in the future 10646 should use variant tags for distinguishing new simplified Chinese variants from their traditional counterparts. [89-M2]

 

89-19

 

John Jenkins, Editorial Committee

Incorporate text on the subject of simplified Chinese from L2/01-417, and add to Section 10.1 of Unicode 4.0.

Closed; on EC list

89-20

 

Deborah Goldsmith

Create a work group to evaluate the characters from GB 18030 that are mapped to the PUA, and generate a proposal for handling these for UTC consideration. [L2/01-416]

In Progress

89-27

 

Asmus Freytag, Officers

Appropriately document the font policy approved in motion 89-M4.

 

89-37

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

After review, post the approved update to Unicode Technical Report #22 Character Mapping Markup Language. [L2/01-315]

 

89-38

 

Rick McGowan

Post the names of the Unicode mailing lists on the website so that Apple can join the character mapping discussions. [L2/01-434]

Done

89-42

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Create a Proposed Update to Unicode Technical Standard #10 Unicode Collation Algorithm as described in 89-C16 and post. [L2/01-446]

Done

89-45

 

Mark Davis

Send Asmus input on jamo foldings and other items. [L2/01-447]

Done

89-46

 

Asmus Freytag

Provide an updated document to the Editorial Committee as a base for a Proposed Draft Unicode Technical Report on Character Foldings. [L2/01-447]

Done

89-51

 

Rick McGowan

Draft a proposal summary form for the twelve newly accepted Indic characters and forward to WG2. [L2/01-431R]

Done

89-52

 

Michel Suignard

Include the twelve accepted Indic characters in PDAM2 comments and include a request for appropriate glyph updates to U+0B66 and U+0A33. [L2/01-430, 431R]

Done

89-54

 

Asmus Freytag; Editorial Committee

Correct the glyphs for U+0B66 and U+0A33. [L2/01-431R]

Partially Done; confirm on EC AI list?

89-55

 

Asmus Freytag, Ken Whistler

Develop a consensus proposal on how to respond to the miscellaneous symbol additions from the DPRK standard. [L2/01-420]

Closed

89-62

 

Rick McGowan

Create a mapping table between the Khmer virama and subscript models.

Closed

89-65

 

Rick McGowan, Editorial Committee

Create a proposal for Technical Notes that can be used for some of the information currently in the Proposed Draft Unicode Technical Report #25 Unicode Support in Mathematics.

Done

89-68

 

Mark Davis, Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee

More thoroughly document the policy on use of characters in identifiers from section B of  L2/01-454, and forward to WG2.

Closed; on EC AI list

89-70

 

Ken Whistler, Editorial Committee

Add language to the 4.0 standard on identifiers that describes the use of stable identifiers for meta-languages, and the tradeoffs involved in using them. [L2/01-454]

 

89-72

 

Rick McGowan

Update the JIS X 0213 FAQ and after review by Julie Allen, post on the website. [L2/01-442]

 

 

From UTC #88 and L2 #185, August 14-17, 2001 in Redmond (Microsoft)

UTC #

L2 #

Who ?

Action

Status

88-7

 

Cathy Wissink

Update the draft GB18030 FAQ and distribute to Unicore, to be later posted on the Unicode web site on October 1, 2001. [L2/01-314]

Pending decisions from China

88-8

 

Arnold Winkler, Ken Whistler

Write a position paper on TR 10176 - there should be no more revisions of  TR 10176 as new characters are encoded, rather 10176 should be modified to point to the Unicode Character Database for determining identifiers.

 

88-9

 

Mark Davis

Explain more clearly in the Unicode Collation Algorithm why the default tables are ordered as they are and also list the scripts that have a preliminary ordering and are likely to change.

In Progress

88-13

 

Mark Davis, Ken Whistler

Update UTS#10 Unicode Collation Algorithm with items agreed to in 88-C3.

Done

88-22

 

Joan Aliprand, Lisa Moore, Officers

Make mirroring of portions of the Unicode web site available to members on their intranets. Consider allowing member companies to have copies of the Unicode Standard PDF publications.

Closed; superceded by AI 91-??

88-35

 

Lisa Moore

Respond to the proposer of the Arabic Kaf character that the UTC thinks the character is already encoded at U+0681. The character may need an annotation and/or an explanation. [L2/01-316]

In progress

 

From UTC #87 and L2 #184, May 21-24, 2001 in Pleasanton (Peoplesoft)

UTC #

L2 #

Who ?

Action

Status

87-29

 

Rick McGowan

Post GB 18030 mapping table with explanatory text.

Waiting for 88-7

87-30

 

Cathy Wissink

Verify the mappings for GB 18030 with the Chinese committee.

In progress

87-34

 

Nobu Mori

Write up a document requesting that the C/C++ committees add a UTF-16 datatype and string literal support. Send to the UTC/L2 lists for review as a joint UTC/L2 proposal. [L2/01-195, 220]

Done

87-36

 

Hideki Hiura

Inform Steve Clamagh (Chair of C++ committee) about the UTC proposal on supporting UTF-16 and ask to have it be considered. [L2/01-195, 220]

Moot

87-40

 

Rick McGowan, John Jenkins

Set up a database for UTC members to use to contain information about variants.

In Progress

87-43

 

Bidi Committee
Mark Davis

Analyze the bidi issues raised in the Atkin/Stansifer documents and make recommendations on what actions to take. [L2/01-218, 219]

Closed as per 91-89

87-44

 

Mark Davis, Editorial Committee

Take the recommendations from the bidi committee on the issues raised in the Atkin/Stansifer documents and see if documentation changes are required and how such changes should be managed. [L2/01-218, 219]

Done

87-48

 

Bidi Committee
Mark Davis

Analyze the bidi issues raised in items 2, 3, 4, and 5 of document L2/01-214 and make recommendations to the UTC on what actions to take.

Closed as per 91-89

87-56

 

Mark Davis

Update UTR#17: Character Encoding Model with the new locale-independent grapheme property. [L2/01-086]

In progress

87-64

 

Ken Whistler, Mark Davis

Develop a stability proposal for the UCA collation weight table.

In progress

From UTC #86 and L2 #183, Jan. 29 Feb. 1, 2001 in Mountain View (MS)

UTC#

L2#

Who?

Action

Status

86-57

 

Lisa Moore

Reply to the Patriarch of Georgia on behalf of the UTC.

 

86-78

 

Asmus Freytag, Editorial Committee

Review document L2/01-081, update as
appropriate, and post as Proposed Draft Technical Report#23: Survey and Guidelines for Unicode Character Properties.

Done

 

183-85

Joan Aliprand,
Rick McGowan

Publish mapping tables for ISO TC46 standards

In Progress