Assessing Unicode Support
Pointer to Content Directory
Zip file: 02305-davis-support-content.zip
An old version of this document was submitted at the last meeting, on testing conformance. I substantially revamped (with help from a number of people) the newer version. The following changes were made:
- Changed focus of document to "assessing Unicode support", and added more qualifying language about tailorings and defaults.
- Added substantial new sections on:
1.1 Conformance_Issues (with text from Ken's document)
2.1 Canonical Equivalence
- Added new programmatic tests, in particular:
- Added new draft rendering/input tests for Arabic, Hebrew, and Thai.
- Substantial rework of the text in general.
- Removed all conversions except UTFs and 8859-* from 3.1 Character
- Broke 5 Programming Support into separate sections, and added to the test section.
5.1 Language Support
5.2 Standard and Supplemental Libraries
5.3 Development Environments
5.4 Programming Support Tests
Feedback is welcome,