Korea JTC1/SC22 (SC22-WG20) Doc #: K159
Author: KIM, Kyongsok (GIM, Gyeongseog)
Subject: Hangeul-related issues in UAX #15
Reference: WG20 N953 (=Korea K152), N954 (=Korea K153)
1. Korea's position RE Hangeul-related issues in UAX #15 will be published by Dec. 31, 2003
- We plan to analyze Hangeul-related issues in UAX #15 more carefully,
- provide a solution/alternative,
- and publish the outcome as a document/report by Dec. 31, 2003.
2. Question: Relationship between CTT and UAX #15
- The author does not know the exact relationship between CTT in ISO/IEC 14651 and UAX #15. I have two questions.
1) It is quite clear that CTT does not have a state reflecting the preceding letters.
- However, I don't know exactly whether or not UAX #15 has the concept of state.
2) I wonder if there is any relationship between CTT and Decomp/Comp in UAX #15.
- I will really appreciate it if anybody from Unicode would provide a document containing the answer to the above two questions.
3. KIM's paper about Hangeul decomp/comp
- Comments Re: UAX #15 can be found in a separate paper, WG20 N953 (Korea K152), A summary of a paper by Kim, K: New Canonical Decomposition and Composition processes for Hangeul.
. A full paper can be found in WG20 N954 (= Korea K153), Paper by KIM, K: New Canonical decomposition and composition processes for Hangeul. This paper was published in CSI (Computer Standarads & Interfaces) Vol. 24 (2002), pp. 69-82. The full paper can be also found at
* * *