Open Action Items
before UTC #100, L2 #197

last modification: July 26, 2004

From UTC #99 and L2 #196, June 15 - 18, 2004, Toronto, Ontario (IBM)

UTC# Who? Action Status
99-A1Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeReview the description of versions on the versions page. 
99-A2Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeFurther discuss the design of UCD tags (L2/04-167). 
99-A3Rick McGowanDraft a letter of commendation for the Sri Lanka national body, for Mark's signature. Done
99-A4Mark DavisAdd Other_ID_Continue property and document that Other_ID_Continue plus the derivation of ID_Continue. 
99-A5Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeComplete the change of properties for Ethiopic digits as previous decision [from the outcome of the public review issue]. 
99-A6Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the linebreaking property for Ethiopic digits. 
99-A7Lisa MooreAdd Turkic Case Folding Exceptions to the agenda for the next UTC meeting, document L2/04-123. 
99-A8Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the linebreak class of CGJ from CM to GL in the UTR #14 data file. 
99-A9Mark DavisGive U+1D96, U+1DA4, U+1DA8 the soft dotted property, as in L2/04-144. 
99-A10Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeWrite an public review issue on use of the term "directional run" in UAX #9. 
99-A11Rick McGowanPost Public Review Issue on "directional run", in UAX #9 to close August 3, 2004. 
99-A12Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeRemove the values for unassigned code points in UCD.html and add a note instead to UAX #9 about the location of this data. and add information to derived core properties for the next version of the Unicode Standard. 
99-A13Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect acceptance of 27 Phoenician characters as documented in L2/04-141R2. Done
99-A14Michael EversonSend the Phoenician font to Asmus Freytag for printing the standard. Done
99-A15Asmus FreytagRecommend to WG2 that Phoenician be included in PDAM 2, to enable extended review. Done
99-A16John JenkinsAdd the kIICore field to Unihan.txt for the next release. Mark it as provisional until the IICore collection becomes stable. 
99-A16aV S UmamaheswaranPursuant to the above consensus, request an update to the WG2 Principles and Procedures document that for these kinds of collections (IICore) stability must be guaranteed. 
99-A19V S UmamaheswaranForward document L2/04-212 to Mike Ksar for WG2 consideration. 
99-A20Cathy WissinkGet more information on the correct ordering for U+0CBD from the author of L2/04-102. 
99-A21Lisa MooreSchedule a 2-hour collation ad hoc for UTC 100. 
99-A22Mark Davis, Ken Whistler, Cathy Wissink, Editorial CommitteeEstablish a procedure for tracking and managing changes to the UCA table (DUCET). 
99-A23Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to include the 48 symbols, unified ideographs, and vertical forms documented in L2/04-263. Done
99-A24Michel SuignardForward L2/04-263 to Mike Ksar for consideration at the WG2 meeting in June 2004. Done
99-A25Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeConsider public feedback on 4.0.1 beta in L2/04-173. 
99-A27Michael Everson, Eric Muller, Mark DavisReview the TDIL input for potential new character proposals. 
99-A28Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to include acceptance of "Bengali Letter Khanda Ta" at U+09CE.Done
99-A29Cathy WissinkDetermine the collation order of "Bengali Letter Khanda Ta". 
99-A30Peter ConstablePrepare WG2 proposal summary form and submit to WG2 for June 2004 meeting. Done
99-A31Asmus FreytagAs liaison to WG2, support adding "Bengali Letter Khanda Ta" to amendment 1 if possible.Done
99-A32Rick McGowan, Peter Constable, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the Indic FAQ with appropriate information regarding Khanda Ta. 
99-A33Rick McGowanPrepare a response for the Indic list and a letter to Om Vikas for Mark's signature. (Needs to be done soon.) Done
99-A34Rick McGowanClose the public review issue #30 on Khanda Ta. Done
99-A35Rick McGowanClose public review issue #35. The character LATIN SMALL LETTER C WITH STROKE will be encoded. Is already accepted for encoding; will not re-consider. Done
99-A36Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeImplement the recommendation in PRI #29, taking into account the need for clarification resulting from feedback. 
99-A37Rick McGowanClose PRI #29. Done
99-A38Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteePrepare and post a proposed update to UAX #15 that incorporates the recommendation of PRI #29. Add new test cases to NormalizationTest.txt in the UCD. Also prepare and post a corrigendum. 
99-A39Asmus FreytagAdvance draft UTR #23 to UTR #23 after incorporating the editorial feedback in PRI #32 (L2/04-251), update and post as UTR #23. 
99-A40Rick McGowanClose PRI #32. Done
99-A41Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post as draft UTR #30. 
99-A42Rick McGowanClose PRI #36. Done
99-A43Asmus FreytagUTC instructs the liaison to WG2 to not object to putting N'ko into PDAM 2 if WG2 so decides. 
99-A44Asmus FreytagSupport all UTC resolutions at the WG2 meeting. Done
99-A45Michael Everson, Rick McGowan, Francois YergeauRespond to the government of Morocco. 
99-A46Ken WhistlerPut the rejection of A.11, L2/04-137 in the Pipeline. Done
99-A47Asmus FreytagDo not oppose the encoding of the DPRK 106 compatibility characters, unless contrary evidence is brought forward. Done
99-A48Ken WhistlerRespond to DIN with the UTC recommendation for distinction between umlaut and trema for sorting. 
99-A49Mark DavisTake to the CLDR-TC the issue of distinction between umlaut and trema for sorting. (Done) Done
99-A50Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePost a FAQ about trema/umlaut distinction. 
99-A51Rick McGowanWrite a response to Sri Lanka re the subcommittee recommendation. Done
99-A52Peter ConstableWrite a document on consistency of left and right-side conjunct forms in Indic scripts and request an agenda item for the August meeting. 
99-A53Ken WhistlerDocument the rejection of two proposed CJK characters. Annotate the names list for these two chars. Done
99-A54Deborah GoldsmithInform John Jenkins that the UTC made no decision on unification of negative number sign.Done
99-A55Ken Whistler Update the pipeline for all the character acceptances under agenda item C.16.1, subcommittee recommendations.Done
99-A56Asmus FreytagLiaison to WG2 not to oppose the addition of the Korean Postal Symbol (N2815, L2/04-267). Done
99-A57Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #29. 
99-A58Rick McGowanDraft and post a public review issue discussing "Unicode has received a request to change general category of U+30FB KATAKANA MIDDLE DOT and U+FF65 HALFWIDTH KATAKANA MIDDLE DOT from Connector Punctuation to Other Punctuation and wishes to know if this is a significant improvement" from L2/04-152R section E.2. 
99-A59Lisa MoorePut L2/04-152R section D onto the August agenda. 

From UTC #98 and L2 #195, February 2 - 5, 2004, Mountain View, CA (Microsoft)

UTC# Who? Action Status
98-A1John Jenkins Determine the frequency of usage of the supplementary Hong Kong characters. In Progress
98-A2John Jenkins Ask Tom Bishop if he is willing to have CDL data used internally by the IRG. [L2/04-037] In Progress
98-A8John Jenkins Add data on Cantonese pronunciation from Cheung and Bauer to Unihan.txt after the release of Unicode 4.0.1. In Progress
98-A17Steve Tinney, Rick McGowan Document numeric and other properties for cuneiform. Take into account Ugaritic and Old Persian properties. Since this is the third cuneiform script coming into the standard, check to make sure there aren't gratuitous differences. [L2/03-036] In progress
98-A20Rick McGowan, Steve Tinney Discuss "named sequences" listed as a possible appendix to the revised L2/04-036 document. In progress
98-A21Michael Kaplan, Editorial Committee Add a section to the Indic FAQ on using Tamil digits. In progress
98-A70Asmus Freytag Update proposal for the four math characters U+27C3 OPEN SUPERSET, U+27C4 OPEN SUBSET, U+27C5 LEFT S-SHAPED BAG DELIMITER, U+27C6 RIGHT S-SHAPED BAG DELIMITER using the latest proposal summary form and forward to WG2 for the June 2004 meeting. In Progress
98-A84Ken Whistler, Michel Suignard, Asmus Freytag, V S Umamaheswaran Review L2/03-336 (alternate format characters) and draft UTC feedback before the next UTC meeting. In Progress
98-A85Benson Margulies Produce a proposal for a model for a characterization of multi-valued script properties. [L2/03-427L2/04-043;L2/04-083]  
98-A98Rick McGowan From WG2, send letter of appreciation to the people who contributed the ancient Greek proposals (Pantelia, Peevers, Nicholas).  

From UTC #97 and L2 #194, November 4 - 7, 2003, Baltimore, MD (Johns Hopkins Univ)

UTC# Who? Action Status
97-A16Michael Everson Write a tech note on phonetic notation (Insular G and related IPA & Latin characters). In progress
97-A17Michael Everson Write a tech note on the double oblique hyphen. In progress
97-A53Asmus Freytag Come up with suggested improvements in the documentation of file formats (post Unicode 4.0.1), with regard to the proposal to add a header to UnicodeData.txt.

From UTC #96 and L2 #193, August 25 - 27, 2003, Pleasanton, CA (PeopleSoft)

UTC# Who? Action Status
96-A5 Rick McGowan Determine the line breaking properties for Saurashtra. Also look at other property aliases, word-break properties, etc. in Unicode Standard Annex #29: Text Boundaries. Punctuation characters are particularly crucial..  
96-A7 John Jenkins Report to the IRG that the Unicode Standard has corrected a glyph error at code point U+3D0A. See 94-A44  
96-A71 Richard Cook Work with Ken Whistler, Mike Ksar, Michel Suignard, Rick McGowan, and Tatsuo Kobayashi, on a proposal for WG2 on Han variant issues raised in document L2/03-286. In Progress
96-A102 Rick McGowan Get line break properties for the three Glagolitic punctuation characters, including the description and narrative. [L2/03-282]  

From UTC #95 and L2 #192, June 10 - 13, 2003, San Jose, CA (Adobe)

UTC# Who? Action Status
95-A11 Rick McGowan Take over action item 91-A5 from Lisa Moore (response to the proposer of the Arabic Kaf character).
95-A12 Rick McGowan Take over action item 91-A82 from Asmus Freytag. Point to W3C documentation and prepare a web document on the known discrepencies in E. Asian mapping tables. Also get data from Mark Davis and the ICU team.  
95-A14 Rick McGowan Prepare a proposal on "Maintaining Han Variant information" for the next meeting. Work with Richard Cook regarding how to use the Wenlin database for information on variants, and propose a model for UTC for maintaining a database of variant information. In Progress
95-A37 Debbie Anderson, Asmus Freytag, Rick McGowan Create a proposal for how to meet the user requirements for use of the Pipeline and Pending web pages. In Progress
95-A58 Kamal Mansour Communicate to the author of L2/03-166 that the committee would prefer to encode a single precomposed character for Syriac Alaph Wasla.  
95-A62 Jonathan Kew Write text for a Technical Note that explains of usage of Kaf and Gaf characters for different languages. Suggest additional annotations for these characters.  

From UTC #94 and L2 #191, March 4 - 7, 2003, Mountain View, CA (Microsoft)

UTC# Who? Action Status
94-A2 Asmus Freytag Work with the Mongolian experts to have a description of Mongolian shaping by end of 2003. In Progress
94-A37 Rick McGowan Get properties, joining groups, and shaping behavior information for Manichaean. Send message to bidi committee also to inform them of the proposal. Done

From UTC #90 and L2 #187, February 11-14, 2002 in Mountain View (Microsoft)

UTC# Who? Action Status
90-A84 John Jenkins Contact other organizations (Basis, Adobe, Microsoft, Apple, Xerox) with traditional and simplified mappings, asking them to make those mappings available for inclusion in Unihan.txt. Do this after Unicode 3.2 has been published. In Progress