Open Action Items

Auto generated on: Dec 08, 2004 at 17:22:51

From UTC #101 and L2 #198

Action Who Description Documents Status
101-A1Debbie Anderson Find out what people are using currently with regard to Greek Letter Lowercase Heta and Greek Letter Capital Heta. Is this used in computerized form at all? Evidence does seem to be pretty good. Look at the Cyrillic precedents.L2/04-388 
101-A2Rick McGowanReport to Nick Nicholas re L2/04-388 (Greek Letter Lowercase Heta and Greek Letter Capital Heta) that the case is reasonably clear. The urgency of encoding is not clear. Have Nick get feedback and submit a "final" proposal for a future UTC meeting.L2/04-388Done
101-A3Asmus FreytagWrite a description of Mongolian shaping so we can get it into Unicode 5.0.  
101-A4Rick McGowanNotify Magda to add the question of updating stability policy to the officers agenda for Friday, Nov. 19, and convey the results back to UTC at the next meeting. Done
101-A5Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeFix glyphs and post erratum for U+2B0B U+2B09. Prepare a document for WG2 notifying them of needed corrigendum. Done
101-A6Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate an FAQ documenting the range of acceptable glyph variants. Start with Figure 7.1 from the book. Include a pointer to MS Typography website for more information. See also 1.0 glyph variations in the book, and also include U+01B3.  
101-A7Michel SuignardAdd to the ballot comments to change the glyph for U+01B3 to have the hook on the right.  
101-A8Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the draft UAX #31 and post as final UAX #31.  
101-A9Rick McGowanClose PRI #39. Draft is advanced with modification. Done
101-A10Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the descriptions of the files SpecialCasing.txt and CaseFolding.txt as mentioned in consensus 101-C5 for Unicode 4.1.  
101-A11Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeAdd language to Chapter 3 (Conformance) to clarify that conformance to default casing is not required. Conformant implementations can override C20.  
101-A12Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeClose PRI #40 documenting that there is no compelling evidence of usage to date. And the UTC will not change the properties of the existing @ sign U+0040 to be a letter. Done
101-A13Rick McGowanClose PRI #41. The proposal to encode "invisible letter" was rejected.L2/04-268Done
101-A14Asmus Freytag, WG2 DelegatesOppose the encoding of Invisible Letter.L2/04-268 
101-A14aAsmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the UAX #34 draft. NOTES: Clarify why variation selectors are not documented here. Get text form Ken Whistler.  
101-A15Asmus Freytag, Michel SuignardReport to WG2 the UTC rationale for not using unique identifier prefixes with named character sequences.  
101-A16Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post UAX #34 as a draft UAX. Post by December 31, 2004.  
101-A17Rick McGowanPost PRI for Draft UAX #34. Post by Dec 31, 2004 to close January 31, 2005.  
101-A18Rick McGowanClose PRI #42. The draft is advanced. Done
101-A19Mike Ksar, Peter Constable, Editorial CommitteeDocument the behavior of Meteg and CGJ, ZWJ, and ZWNJ for Unicode 4.1.  
101-A20Rick McGowanClose PRI #46. Proposal was approved and will be documented in Unicode 4.1. Done
101-A21Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #24 for 4.1, with modifications received during discussion at UTC. In progress
101-A22Rick McGowanClose PRI #43 Script Names. Was advanced to final approved report. Done
101-A23Rick McGowanCreate PRI and post by Nov 24 to close January 31, 2005. ** DOUBLE CHECK THE CATEGORIES!! ** Note put "characters used for math" in the title of the PRI somewhere. Done
101-A24Rick McGowanClose PRI #44. The category was changed. Done
101-A25Rick McGowanPing Murray when the PRI on changing the bidi category of seven compatibility characters from ET to ES goes live to make sure that the math community looks at it. Done
101-A26Ken WhistlerChange the bidi category of Narrow No-Break Space (NNBSP, U+202F) from "WS" to "CS" for Unicode 4.1. Done
101-A27Rick McGowanClose PRI #45. The category was changed. Done
101-A28Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UTS #6 and post ASAP.  
101-A29Rick McGowanClose PRI #49. Draft accepted. Done
101-A30Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and incorporate changes in L2/04-405 into UAX #29.L2/04-405 
101-A31Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteePost DUTR #36 by Dec 31, 2004.  
101-A32Rick McGowanPost DUTR #36 by Dec 31, 2004 after Mark's draft is completed.  
101-A33Rick McGowanClose PRI #52. Will be advanced to Draft UTR. Done
101-A34Rick McGowanExtend the review period for PRI #53 to January 31, 2005 and announce the extension ASAP. Done
101-A35Asmus FreytagProduce a new committee draft for UTR #33.  
101-A36Rick McGowanExtend the review period for PRI #54 to January 31, 2005, and announce the extension ASAP. Done
101-A37Ken WhistlerUpdate the properties of U+30FB and U+FF65 for Unicode 4.1 to change the General Category from "Pc" to "Po". Done
101-A38Rick McGowanClose PRI #55 and post the resolution ASAP. Done
101-A39Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeRemove U+30FB and U+FF65 from the special handling in UAX #29.  
101-A40Rick McGowanExtend PRI #56 to close on January 31, 2005. Done
101-A41Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeRefresh the document and PRI for Proposed Update UAX #14 by December 31, 2004.  
101-A42Rick McGowanPost updated PRI #56 when Asmus finishes the update in December, to close January 31, 2005.  
101-A43Mark DavisGet the Indic list group more involved with the CLDR activities (gathering and vetting data).  
101-A44Lisa Moore, Magda DanishAsk Magda to collect e-mail Ids from TDIL info to use to contact for CLDR activities.  
101-A45Mark DavisWrite up a CLDR liaison report. Done
101-A46Cathy WissinkForward the CLDR liaison report on behalf of L2 to John Hill, SC22 Chair.  
101-A47Ken WhistlerUpdate the UCA data table allkeys.txt to reflect motion 101-M5 for Unicode 4.1.L2/04-407 
101-A48Mark DavisDocument the changes in the UCA (UTS #10) for acceptance of motion 101-M5 re L2/04-407.L2/04-407 
101-A49Mark DavisConvey the changes in UCA to the SC2 14651 editing group, including the rationale for the next amendment.L2/04-407 
101-A50Rick McGowanClose PRI #47, with resolution as per motion 101-M5.L2/04-407Done
101-A51Mark DavisMake changes per motion 101-M6 (circled letters) in PropList.txt for Unicode 4.1 and the superset test to the invariant test. Done
101-A52Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UTS #18 with the changes of alphabetic property of the circled letters in Annex C.  
101-A53Mark DavisWork with Peter Linsley to resolve editorial issues with UTS #18.  
101-A54Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post UTS #18.  
101-A55Rick McGowanClose PRI #50. Draft will be advanced. Done
101-A56V. S. UmamaheswaranVerify that the known Hangul mapping errors documented in L2/04-392 have not been propagated into IBM mapping tables.L2/04-392 
101-A57Ken WhistlerAdd the conclusion of L2/04-392 to a "readme" file in the same directory as the HANGUL.TXT file, pending outcome of the investigation by Asmus Freytag and V S Umamaheswaran.L2/04-392 
101-A58John Jenkins, Hideki HiuraRelay the UTC position on visual reference information to the IRG, and offer Unicode Consortium assistance with hosting the data.  
101-A59Michel SuignardInclude consensus 101-C18 in FPDAM 1 ballot comments. (UTC accepts the 12 CJK Ext B glyph changes documented in the "G source" column of Section T.18 of document L2/04-408.)L2/04-408 
101-A60Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteePrepare an erratum for the 12 glyphs mentioned in section T.18 of document L2/04-408.L2/04-408 
101-A61Richard Cook, Editorial CommitteeReview the other 299 glyphs discussed in document L2/04-408 (CJK Extension B) with potential glyph errors plus known glyph errata after the initial publication of Unicode 3.2 and submit to WG2 as a Unicode/US contribution.L2/04-408 
101-A62Richard CookProof the Pinyin readings and mapping data for the approsximately 14000 ideographic characters from the XHC source and supply info to John Jenkins to update the Unihan database.  
101-A63John JenkinsUpdate the Unihan database with the new field from XHC source readings, and document the new field.  
101-A64Ken WhistlerUse the property info in L2/04-354 when updating data files for Cuneiform for Unicode 5.0.L2/04-354 
101-A65Asmus FreytagTake linebreak info for Cuneiform from document L2/04-354 into account when updating UAX #14 for Unicode 5.0.L2/04-354 
101-A66Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline with name changes for U+31C4 and U+31C3 as per L2/04-408 Section T.8.L2/04-408Done
101-A67Ken WhistlerUpdate the 4.1 data files with the new names for U+31C4 and U+31C3 as per L2/04-408 Section T.8.L2/04-408Done
101-A68Richard CookDocument a response to WG2 action item 44-6C and send to Mike Ksar for consideration at the next WG2 meeting.  
101-A69Asmus Freytag, WG2 DelegatesDo not oppose Heta/heta if the proposal comes up in WG2 with further clarification and feedback.  
101-A70Debbie Anderson Follow up with Nick Nicholas on Heta proposal.  
101-A71Debbie Anderson Relay to Nick Nicholas that UTC concurs with his doubts about these characters.  
101-A72Debbie Anderson Work with Stoetzner to create a WG2 proposal form for U+214D AKTIESELSKAB and forward to Mike Ksar for consideration at the January 2005 meeting, by December 31, 2004.L2/04-394 
101-A73Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to include the encoding of the character U+214D AKTIESELSKAB.L2/04-394Done
101-A74Ken WhistlerAdd capital double S to the reject list.L2/04-395Done
101-A75Debbie Anderson Relay results of consensus 101-C22 re capital double S to Stoetzner.L2/04-395 
101-A76Rick McGowanFollow up with Martin Hosken on L2/04-351 with several questions expressed during the meeting.L2/04-351 
101-A77Asmus Freytag, WG2 DelegatesOppose the insertion of Balinese into the FPDAM 2 because it is not mature enough.  
101-A78Rick McGowanFollow up with Manoj Jain on proposal L2/04-358 (Gujarati fractions). Request some minor revision and answer a few questions to improve the proposal, then ask him to resubmit it for the next meeting. Thank him for the submission.L2/04-358In progress
101-A79Asmus Freytag, WG2 DelegatesSupport the UTC position that the Gujarati fractions proposal L2/04-358 is not mature enough for acceptance.L2/04-358 
101-A80Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeDocument and post a public review issue on the disunification of dandas.  
101-A81Asmus Freytag, WG2 DelegatesOppose the addition of the Kannada danda and double danda to FPDAM 2, but not the other 4 characters in L2/04-364.L2/04-365 
101-A82Rick McGowanRespond to Govt. of India. Thank them and respond with specific comments on the proposal, and point them to other existing proposals and implementations of Lepcha, requesting a dialog.L2/04-397In progress
101-A83Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect a swap of the previously approved code points to assign U+05BA .. HOLAM HASER FOR VAV and U+05C7 .. QAMATS QATAN Done
101-A84Michel SuignardAdd consensus 101-C26 on U+05BA .. HOLAM HASER FOR VAV and U+05C7 .. QAMATS QATAN to US comments on the FPDAM 1.  
101-A85Debbie Anderson Follow up with Peter Kirk et al. regarding UTC approval to swap code points for U+05BA .. HOLAM HASER FOR VAV and U+05C7 .. QAMATS QATAN.  
101-A86Ken WhistlerAdd to the pipeline the 5 Latin additions from consensus 101-C27. Done
101-A87Ken WhistlerAdd modifier letter straight apostrophe to the reject list. Done
101-A88Michel SuignardAdd 5 Latin letters from consensus 101-C27 to the US ballot comments for PDAM 2.  
101-A89Rick McGowanWork with Lorna Priest to update proposal L2/04-372 and forward to Mike Ksar for WG2 by December 31, 2004. Include the new names as documents in consensus 101-C27.L2/04-372In progress
101-A90Michel SuignardAdd 21 orthographic characters to US PDAM 2 comments.  
101-A91Mike Ksar Pick up document L2/04-348 for WG2.L2/04-348 
101-A92Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to include the 4 Chinantec modifier tone letters of document L2/04-349.L2/04-349Done
101-A93Rick McGowanFollow up with Lorna Priest to update the WG2 form (remove at sign characters) and give the correct code points, and forward to WG2 by Dec 31, 2004.L2/04-349 
101-A94Michel SuignardAdd the 4 Chinantec modifier tone letters to the US ballot comments on PDAM 2.L2/04-349 
101-A95Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to include acceptance of the 26 math characters in L2/04-410 for inclusion in Unicode 5.0.L2/04-410Done
101-A96Michel SuignardAdd the 26 math characters in L2/04-410 to the US ballot comments on PDAM 2.L2/04-410 
101-A97Asmus FreytagUpdate the proposal L2/04-410 with documentary evidence, name correction, and other editorial updates. Include character properties and linebreak properties. Forward to Mike Ksar by Dec 31, 2004 for consideration at the WG2 meeting in January, 2005.L2/04-410 
101-A98Lisa MooreAdd L2/04-350 to the agenda of the next meeting.L2/04-350 
101-A99Rick McGowanForward L2/04-352 to Mike Ksar for WG2 posting.L2/04-352 
101-A100Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteePrepare draft chapter 3 text on combining classes and typographical interaction for Unicode 5.0 based on L2/04-359, for review at the next meeting of the UTC.L2/04-359 
101-A101Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeDraft and post a PRI on disunification of dandas. Consult with Eric Muller on the precise list of danda disunifications requested. Post by December 17, 2004 to close on Jan 31, 2005.  
101-A102Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeWrite and post a PRI on eyelash-ra stating that UTC is considering it. Post by December 17, 2004 to close January 31, 2005.  
101-A103Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeRespond to Sengupta thanking him for his paper L2/04-335R2. Cite PRI #9.L2/04-335R2 
101-A104Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeWrite and post a PRI text stating that the UTC is considering adding 5 chillu characters for Malayalam, with more pros and cons spelled out. Post by December 17, 2004 to close January 31, 2005.Consult with Eric Muller re the details.  
101-A105Ken WhistlerMake U+06C2 .. HEH GOAL WITH HAMZA ABOVE the same as U+06C1 .. HEH GOAL (dual joining and joining group) in the data files for Unicode 4.1. Done
101-A106Mark DavisDetermine what to do about the joining group identification of U+06C3 .. THE MARBUTA GOAL. Take to the bidi subcommittee. Based on the determination, include any change in the beta for Unicode 4.1.  
101-A107Ken WhistlerUse the property name "No_Joining_Group" instead of "" in ArabicShaping.txt for Unicode 4.1. Done
101-A108Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd to the UAX #9 update the definition of "directional run" being the same as "level run".  
101-A109Rick McGowanPost a Public Review Issue for UAX #9 when the draft is available from Mark.Note when posting the UAX #9 PRI, include clarifying the change that has been made to directional run definition. Note the update of UAX #9 is forthcoming -- see UTC #100 for authorization to post the update.  
101-A110Michel SuignardAdd to US PDAM 2 ballot comments that the UTC reaffirms the architecture of the Phags-pa encoding in PDAM 2.  
101-A111Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteePrepare a proposed update UAX #29 by December 17, 2004.  
101-A112Rick McGowanExtend PRI #51 to January 31 and post another update of UAX #29 with Mark's updates by December 17, 2004 and announce that update when ready. In progress
101-A113Rick McGowan, Asmus FreytagVerify the open updates and proposed updates for all UTR/UAX/UTS. There should be 8.  
101-A114Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeCreate a working draft UTS #YY, Registration of Ideographic Variation Sequences.  
101-A115Asmus FreytagInclude notification on registration of Ideographic Variation Sequences in the liaison report to WG2.  
101-A116Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIssue a proposed update UTS #10 which includes two new definitions and changed def and other changes.  
101-A117Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeCreate a proposed update to UTS #10 by December 31, 2004  
101-A118Rick McGowanPost Public Review Issue for the proposed update of UTS #10 by December 31, 2004, to close January 31, 2005.  
101-A119Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIssue a Unicode 4.1 beta to close January 31, 2005.  
101-A120Rick McGowanAnnounce Unicode 4.1 beta when Ken and Mark have files and info ready and posted.  

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A2V. S. UmamaheswaranForward to WG2 the UTC consensus (100-C8) on restricting block and script names and ask that these restrictions be documented in the WG2 Principles and Procedures In progress
100-A4Ken WhistlerPut on the UTC agenda at the appropriate time an item to vote on the script and block name for the N'Ko script (see consensus 100-C7)  
100-A8Ken Whistler, Peter ConstableReview the Chinese proposal on Phags-pa and prepare comments for the next UTC (WG2)  
100-A16Michael Everson, Editorial CommitteeDraft text for Unicode 5.0 discussing the code point U+05C7 HEBREW POINT HOLAM HASER FOR VAV (revise to U+05BA)L2/04-310 
100-A17Michael Everson, Editorial CommitteeReview text on ZWJ/ZWNJ and their use with combining marks, for Unicode 4.1  
100-A23Murray SargentUpdate the proposal for five mathematical horizontal bracket characters and submit to Mike Ksar for WG2 considerationL2/04-329 
100-A25Murray Sargent, Asmus FreytagDetermine the properties for the five mathematical horizontal bracket characters from L2/04-329L2/04-329 
100-A26Murray SargentSend Asmus Freytag a font for the five mathematical horizontal bracket characters from L2/04-329 by August 30L2/04-329 
100-A30Peter Constable, Editorial CommitteeExplain the use of CGJ to prevent re-ordering of Hebrew combining marks in Unicode 4.1  
100-A33Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeReview document L2/04-293 and incorporate text into the Yi block as appropriateL2/04-293 
100-A36Mark DavisSee if there are any Arabic shaping differences between canonically equivalent sequences; if so, propose remedies and post to bidi list (see item 2 of document L2/04-290)L2/04-290 
100-A42John Jenkins, Eric MullerUpdate Unihan.txt for 4.1L2/04-186 
100-A43John Jenkins, Richard CookAdd kHDZRadBreak field to Unihan.txt and make sure the field is documented for Unicode 4.1L2/04-186 
100-A44Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate page 89 table 3-13 of the Unicode Standard 4.0 replacing "Final_Cased" with final sigma.L2/04-148 
100-A45Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeDocument the change (to remove the Final_Cased condition from the standard and replace with final sigma as defined in superseded UAX #21, Case Mappings - UTR #21-5), in the header of SpecialCasing.txtL2/04-148 
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model in Unicode 4.1, including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279 
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279 
100-A55Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeMake an XML version of the UCD available. Part of the plan for roll-out includes public review of the schema.L2/04-220In progress
100-A56Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteePrepare a plan for new distribution format for UCD in time for next UTC.L2/04-333 
100-A59Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument in Unicode 4.1 the consensus (100-C26) on the relationship between stacking behavior and fixed-position classes regarding Thai.L2/04-332 
100-A61Lisa MooreFine out about CR NEL from an EBCDIC point of view: will there be files containing CR NEL and why did XML add it?L2/04-331 
100-A68Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTR #30: Character Foldings and post as UTR #30.L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325 
100-A71Rick McGowanKeep Public Review Issue #39 open until the November, 2004, UTC meeting and renew notificaiton when the next version of Draft UAX #31: Identifier and Pattern Syntax becomes available.L2/04-320, L2/04-323In progress
100-A73Mark Davis, Eric MullerDevelop a proposal on properties and casing.L2/04-123 
100-A74Mark Davis, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the Unicode Collation Algorithm and data for consensus 100-C31 (handling ignorable characters, invisible characters, and the use of combining grapheme joiner to break contractions or to have special effects), and review the description of combining grapheme joiner in the standard.  
100-A75Ken WhistlerMake new document on collaiton upper and lower bounds for the November UTC.L2/04-319 
100-A76Ken Whistler, Mark DavisMake changes for UCA 4.1 from consensus 100-C32, to adopt recommendations on collation 1-5 and 7, excluding 6 (stability, logical order exceptions, jamo decomposition, trailing Hangul weights, other languages, small Thai changes) of document L2/04-277.L2/04-277 
100-A77Ken WhistlerDraft a proposal for criteria for the default UCA table, based on discussion of document L2/04-277.L2/04-277 
100-A80Mark Davis, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeIssue a proposed update to the Unicode Collation Algorithm 4.1 beta table.L2/04-311 
100-A93Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post Proposed Update UAX #15: Unicode Normalization Forms, by September 30L2/04-308 
100-A94Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePost a Public Review Issue for Proposed Update UAX #15: Unicode Normalization Forms, by October 1, to close November 8.L2/04-308 
100-A100Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post Proposed Update UTR #23: The Unicode Character Property Model, by September 30.L2/04-308 
100-A101Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePost a Public Review Issue for Proposed Update UTR #23: The Unicode Character Property Model, by October 1, to close November 8.L2/04-308 
100-A103Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeTake section "Related Items", bullet 3 of L2/04-308 into account in Unicode 4.1.L2/04-308 
100-A105Cathy WissinkAs Vice Chair of the UTC, invite Peter Kirk to the next joint meeting of UTC and L2  

From UTC #99 and L2 #196

Action Who Description Documents Status
99-A2Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeFurther discuss the design of UCD tags.L2/04-167 
99-A12Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeRemove the values for unassigned code points in UCD.html and add a note instead to UAX #9 about the location of this data. Add information to derived core properties for the next version of the Unicode Standard.  
99-A16John JenkinsAdd the kIICore field to Unihan.txt for the next release. Mark it as provisional until the IICore collection becomes stable.  
99-A16aV. S. UmamaheswaranPursuant to the above consensus, request an update to the WG2 Principles and Procedures document that for these kinds of collections (IICore) stability must be guaranteed. In progress
99-A19V. S. UmamaheswaranForward L2/04-212 to Mike Ksar for WG2 consideration.  
99-A20Cathy WissinkGet more information on the correct ordering for U+0CBD from the author of L2/04-102 In progress
99-A22Mark Davis, Ken Whistler, Cathy Wissink, Editorial CommitteeEstablish a procedure for tracking and managing changes to the UCA table (DUCET).  
99-A25Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeConsider public feedback on improving documentation of terminology in UCD.html in L2/04-173 for Unicode 4.1.  
99-A29Cathy WissinkDetermine the collation order of Bengali Letter Khanda Ta In progress
99-A36Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeImplement the recommendation in PRI #29, takikng into account the need for clarification resulting from feedback. Superseded
99-A38Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd new test cases to NormalizationTest.txt in the UCD  
99-A57Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #29: Text Boundaries, to reflect 99-M8 and 99-M9.  

From UTC #98 and L2 #195

Action Who Description Documents Status
98-A1John JenkinsDetermine the frequency of usage of the supplementary Hong Kong characters. In progress
98-A2John JenkinsAsk Tom Bishop if he is willing to have CDL data used internally by the IRGL2/04-037In progress
98-A8John JenkinsAdd data on Cantonese pronunciation from Cheun and Bauer to Unihan.txt after the release of Unicode 4.0.1 In progress
98-A12Richard Cook, Editorial CommitteeDocument the properties in the Unihan database in an appropriate place after the relase of Unicode 4.0.1. Ed Committee needs to review draft. In progress
98-A21Michael Kaplan, Julie Allen, Editorial CommitteeAdd a section to the Indic FAQ on using Tamil digits. Possibly put in Unicode 4.1. Julie to contact Michael. In progress
98-A28Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteePrepare a public review item for Proposed Draft UTS #XX. BOCU-1.L2/04-016On hold
98-A29Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePost a Public Review Issue for Proposed Draft UTS #XX, BOCU-1 to close June 8, 2004.L2/04-016On hold
98-A96John Jenkins, Richard Cook, Editorial CommitteePrepare an erratum documenting the known errors in the Unihan database for Unicode 4.0.1. (postponed to 4.1)L2/04-038, L2/04-039 

From UTC #97 and L2 #194

Action Who Description Documents Status
97-A6Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeExplain in an FAQ the use of Braille and other symbols in searching, and in sorting.  
97-A15Michael Everson, Editorial CommitteeDocument in Unicode 4.1 the range of variation in glyphs for Afghani sign  
97-A16Michael EversonWrite a tech note on phonetic notation (insular G and related IPA & Latin characters). In progress
97-A17Michael EversonWrite a tech note on the double oblique hyphen In progress
97-A36Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Ken's document L2/03-403 to reflect that this is a generl purpose mechanism that should be used in specific circumstances and incorporate other comments made during the meeting. Unicode 4.1. (CGJ)L2/03-403 
97-A53Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeCome up with suggested improvements in the documentation of file formats (post Unicode 4.0.1), with regard to the proposal to add a header to UnicodeData.txt.  
97-A54Asmus Freytag, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeDiscuss the problems brought up in L2/03-310 (making Property(Value)Aliases.txt actually machine readable).L2/03-310In progress
97-A65Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument how to represent phonetic symbols used in dictionaries in a tech note and FAQ, using information from L2/03-359.L2/03-359 

From UTC #96 and L2 #193

Action Who Description Documents Status
96-A7John JenkinsReport to the IRG that the Unicode Standard has correctetd a glyph error at code point U+3D0A. See 94-A044  
96-A11Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument the behavior of "ij", "fi", and "ffi" ligatures with accents in a FAQ. Reference 96-C4, 96-A10.L2/03-248In progress
96-A12Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument the behavior of "ij", "fi", and "ffi" ligatures with accents in an appropriate future version of the standard. Reference 96-C4, 96-A10. Text will use a future FAQ as its basis.L2/03-248 
96-A55Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate some of Kent Karlsson's suggestions in L2/03-203 into the appropriate text in the Unicode Standard or UAX #15: Unicode Normalization Forms for a future version of the Unicode Standard.L2/03-203 
96-A72Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeDraft language for consensus 96-C20 (on the effect of combining grapheme joiner to prevent canonical re-ordering of combining marks during normalization) for inclusion into Unicode 4.1 and create a FAQ describing this effect as well.L2/03-235, L2/03-236, L2/03-234 

From UTC #95 and L2 #192

Action Who Description Documents Status
95-A12Rick McGowanTake over action item 91-A082 from Asmus Freytag. Point to W3C documentation and prepare a web document on the known discrepancies in E. Asian mapping tables. Also get data from Mark Davis and the ICU team.  
95-A62Jonathan KewWrite text for a Technical Note that explains of usage of Kaf and Gaf characters for different languages. Suggest additional annotations for these characters.  
95-A95Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Proposed Draft UTR #32: Assessing Unicode Support based on feedback received during the meeting and post as a proposed draft again.L2/03-196In progress

From UTC #90 and L2 #187

Action Who Description Documents Status
90-A84John JenkinsContact other organizations (Basis, Adobe, Microsoft, Apple, Xerox) with traditional and simplified mappings, asking them to make those mappings available for inclusion in Unihan.txt. Do this after Unicode 3.2 has been published. In progress