UTC 102 & INCITS Subgroup L2 199 Joint Meeting
Mountain View, California -- February 7-10, 2005
Hosted by Unicode
February 9, 2005

Unicode Technical Committee Script Subcommittee meeting time:

    Tuesday, February 8        10 am to noon

Unicode Technical Committee Plenary meeting times:
    Monday, February 7        10 pm to 5 pm
    Tuesday, February 8        1 pm to 5 pm
    Wednesday, February 9   9 am to 5 pm
    Thursday, February 10     9 am to 3 pm              

L2 Plenary meeting time:
    Thursday, February 11     3 pm to 5 pm

Scheduled activities:

Agenda Item


Day and Time (PDT)

Call-in Information
C. Scripts McGowan
Tuesday, 9 am to noon

B.15 Language Tags
Wednesday, 9 am

Ad  Hoc Meeting Rooms:

Ad Hoc Subject
Day and Time (PDT)
B.11.2 Conformance Model Freytag
Wednesday, noon

B.17 Variation Selectors
Wednesday, 8 am to 9 am

C.12 Indic Scripts
Wednesday, noon to 1:30 pm

Related meetings:



Day and Time (PDT)

Location Call-in Information
Davis, et. al.
Tuesday, 8 am to 9 am

Officers meeting

Wednesday 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm

UTC Procedures posted at: http://www.unicode.org/consortium/utc-procedures.html

A. Administrative Issues

A.1 UTC membership roll call
  A.1.1 Call for proxies
  A.1.2 Roll call

A.2 Declaration of joint meeting

A.3 Registration of new documents

A.4 Approval of joint meeting agenda
  Latest version of this document [L2/05-025]

A.5 Minutes and action items
  A.5.1 Approval of minutes of Joint Meeting UTC 101/L2 198 [L2/04-361]
  A.5.2 Review of open action items [L2/SD2, L2/05-060]
  Minutes publicly posted at http://www.unicode.org/unicode/consortium/utc-minutes.html

A.6 Calendar Review
  UTC 103/L2 200 - May 10-13, 2005, Bay Area, host TBD (Sun checking)
  UTC 104/L2 201 - August 16-19, 2005, Redmond, host, Microsoft
  UTC 105/L2 202 - November 1-4, 2005, San Jose, host, Adobe, Annual Members Mtg
  UTC 106/L2 203 - February 6-9, 2006, Mountain View, host, Unicode   

  Calendar posted at http://www.unicode.org/unicode/timesens/calendar.html

A.7 Letter Ballot Review

A.8 Schedule of Ad Hoc Meetings

B. Liaison Reports and Technical Topics

B.1  WG2
  B.1.1 Convenor's report [Ksar]  
  B.1.2 Liaison report [Freytag, L2/05-013]
  B.1.3 WG2 action items [Umamaheswaran]
  B.1.4 Resolutions of WG2 meeting 46 [Umamaheswaran, L2/05-064]
  B.1.5 Unconfirmed minutes of WG 2 meeting 46 [Umamaheswaran]
  B.1.6 Disposition of comments on SC2 N 3760 (FPDAM text for Amendment 1) [Suignard, L2/05-038]
  B.1.7 Disposition of comments on SC2 N 3761 (PDAM text for Amendment 2) [Suignard, L2/05-047]
  B.1.8 Charts - Amendments 1 and 2 to ISO/IEC 10646:2003 [Freytag, L2/05-050R]
  B.1.9 Consensus on encoding Phags-pa Script [WG2 ad hoc, L2/05-036]
  B.1.10 Named UCS sequence identifiers [US Nat'l Body, L2/05-035]
  B.1.11 Seventeen planes restriction [US Nat'l Body, L2/05-034]
  B.1.12 Block names and Annex L update [US Nat'l Body, L2/05-033]
  B.1.13 Principles and Procedures for Allocation of New Characters and Scripts and
handling of Defect Reports on Character Names [Umamaheswaran, L2/05-030]
  B.1.14 Extension B font versioning: follow-up report [Cook, L2/05-022, L2/05-023]
  B.1.15 Informative Annex on 'Characters in Identifiers' [Umamaheswaran, L2/05-007]
  B.1.16 Consent Docket
    B.1.16.1 Unicode 4.1 Issues [Whistler, L2/05-058]
    B.1.16.2 Unicode 5.0 Issues [Whistler, L2/05-059]

B.2 SC2/SC22/SC35/SC36
  B.2.1 Liaison report [Ksar]
  B.2.2 Preliminary Agenda for 16 - 18 March 2005 Meeting of SC22/I18NRG [SC22, L2/05-004]

  B.3.1 Liaison report [Jenkins]
  B.3.2 Summary report of IRG#24 [IRG, L2/05-031]

  B.4.1 Liaison report [Ksar]

  B.5.1 Liaison report [McGowan]
B.6 W3C
  B.6.1 Liaison report [Davis]
B.7 UC Berkeley Department of Linguistics
  B.7.1 Liaison report [Anderson, L2/05-024]

B.8 ILCAA (Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa)  

  B.9.1 Liaison report [Kaplan]

  B.10.1 Liaison report [Davis]

B.11 Public Review Issues
  B.11.0 Issue 29: Normalization issue - proposed corrigendum [Davis, L2/05-011]
  B.11.1 Issue 51: Review of Proposed Draft Unicode Standard Annex #29: Text Boundaries
B.11.1.1 Feedback [L2/05-046]
    B.11.1.2 Working draft for review [Davis, L2/05-044]
  B.11.2 Issue 53: Review of Proposed Draft Unicode Technical Report #33: Unicode Conformance Model
    B.11.2.1 Feedback [L2/05-046]
    B.11.2.2 Working draft for review [Freytag, L2/05-045]
  B.11.3 Issue 54: Review of Proposed Update Unicode Technical Standard #22: Character Mapping Markup Language
B.11.3.1 Feedback [L2/05-046]
    B.11.3.2 Working draft for review [Davis, Scherer, L2/05-043]
  B.11.4 Issue 56: Review of Proposed Update Unicode Standard Annex #14: Line Breaking Properties
B.11.4.1 Feedback [L2/05-046]
    B.11.4.2 Working draft for review [Freytag, L2/05-041R]
    B.11.4.3 Line Break [Davis, L2/05-018]
    B.11.4.4 Proposed Updates To 4.1.0 Linebreak Properties [Freytag, L2/05-062R]
  B.11.5 Issue 57: Changes to Bidi categories of some characters used with Mathematics
B.11.5.1 Feedback [L2/05-046]
    B.11.5.2 PRI text [Editorial Committee, L2/05-048]
  B.11.6 Issue 58: CLDR Technical Committee
  B.11.7 Issue 59: Disunification of Dandas
B.11.7.1 Feedback [L2/05-046]
    B.11.7.2 PRI text and background documents [Editorial Committee, L2/05-048, L2/05-049]
    B.11.7.3 Script Specific Danda and Double Danda [Muller, L2/05-055]
  B.11.8 Issue 60: Review of Proposed Update Unicode Standard Annex #9: Bidirectional Algorithm
B.11.8.1 Feedback
    B.11.8.2 Working draft for review [Davis, L2/05-039]
  B.11.9 Issue 61: Review of Proposed Update Unicode Standard Annex #15: Unicode Normalization Forms
B.11.9.1 Feedback [L2/05-046]
    B.11.9.2 Working draft for review [Davis, L2/05-042]
  B.11.10 Issue 62: Review of Proposed Update Unicode Technical Standard #10: Unicode Collation Algorithm
B.11.10.1 Feedback [L2/05-046]
    B.11.10.2 Working draft for review [Davis, Whistler, L2/05-040]
    B.11.10.3 UTS 10 UCA [Davis, L2/05-019]
    B.11.10.4 Indic collation action items [Wissink, L2/04-432]
    B.11.10.5 Further collation items [Davis, L2/05-028]
  B.11.11 Issue 63: CLDR
  B.11.12 Other public review comments [L2/05-046]
  B.11.13 Policy on response to public feedback
B.12 Unicode Technical Reports, Standards, and Standard Annexes
  B.12.1 Unicode Technical Standard #18: Unicode Regular Expressions [Davis, L2/04-380]
B.12.2 Draft Unicode Technical Report #36: Security Implications for the Implementation of Unicode and Related Technology [Davis, L2/04-382, L2/05-065]

B.13 Editorial Committee
  B.13.1 UTC action items assigned to the Editorial Committee
    B.13.1.1 Editorial Committee completed action item list
  B.13.2 Errata
  B.13.3 Editorial Comittee report [Whistler]
  B.13.4 Approve Unicode 4.1
   B.13.4.1 Beta comments  [L2/05-046]

B.14 Properties 
  B.14.1 Pattern_Syntax problematic characters [Scherer, L2/05-014]
  B.14.2 Property[Value]Aliases.txt changes for compatibility [Scherer, L2/05-015]
  B.14.3 Pattern whitespace and pattern syntax characters [Davis, L2/05-012]
  B.14.4 Documentation of UCD file formats (see action item 97-A53) [Freytag]
  B.14.5 Gothic 900 [Scherer, L2/05-068]

B.15 Tags for Identifying Languages [Phillips, L2/05-016R, L2/05-069]
B.15.1 Reasons for Enhancing RFC 3066 [Davis, L2/05-020R]

B.16 ISO 4217 Currency Code Issues [Davis, L2/05-052]

B.17 Variation selector registration [Muller, L2/05-071]

B.18 Stability policy for identifiers

B.19 Unihan

C. Script Subcommittee Meeting

C.1 Proposal for encoding the Balinese script  [Everson, Sautjana, L2/05-008]
  C.1.1 Letter of support [Balinese gov't, L2/05-021]

  C.1.2 Comments on Balinese proposal [Constable, L2/05-056]
C.2 Proposal to encode additional Latin orthographic characters for Uighur [Priest, L2/05-029]

C.3 Greek
  C.3.1 Proposal to add Greek letter lowercase Heta and Greek letter capital Heta [Nicholas, L2/05-002]
  C.3.2 Proposal to add epigraphical Greek letters [Nicholas, L2/05-003]

  C.3.3 Feedback on the Greek proposals [Anderson, L2/05-054]
C.5 Proposal to encode Lepcha [Government of India, L2/04-397]

  C.5.1 Analysis of Indian proposal to encode Lepcha script in the UCS [Everson, L2/05-061]
C.6 N'Ko [Doumbouya, L2/05-006, L2/05-017; Yergau, Andries, L2/05-010]]
C.7 Request to add clarification concerning some HKSCS CJK Ideographs in Annex P of ISO/IEC 10646:2003 [Kawabata, Qin, L2/05-037]
C.8 Letters in support of Phoenician [Anderson, L2/05-009]
C.9 Ya-phalaa [Meir, L2/05-005]
C.10 Proposal for Vai [Riley, Rivera, L2/05-053R]
C.11 Proposed principles for character disunifications [Constable, L2/05-057]

  C.11.1 Case mapping for capital letter glottal stop [Suignard, L2/05-072]
C.12 Issues in representation of Indic scripts in Unicode [Vikas, L2/05-063]


D. Miscellaneous

D.1 Report on February 4, 2005 Unicode Board of Directors meeting [Davis]

E. Close of Joint Meeting

E.1 Review of UTC motions (recommendations to L2) [L2/05-027]

E.2 UTC position on current ballots [Wissink]

E.3 Closing of joint meeting