Open Action Items

Auto generated on: August 05, 2005 at 10:16:37

From UTC #103 and L2 #200

Action Who Description Documents Status
103-A1Rick McGowanPing those not in regular attendance on their open action items by about July 15, 2005. Done
103-A2Mike KsarDo what they did with currency codes to request the two new country codes ZX and ZY from LTRU. (Owner changed from Davis and Wissink.)L2/05-092 
103-A3Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate NamedSequences.txt for the next release of the standard, to reflect addition of two sequences for Tamil.L2/05-129Done
103-A4Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteePut up a FAQ about the status of TSCII "shrii" mapping.L2/05-129 
103-A5Michel SuignardAdd the 2 new Tamil named sequences to comments on FPDAM2.L2/05-129Done
103-A6Asmus Freytag, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a chart for Named Sequences in the "charts/" section of the Unicode website, for review by UTC.  
103-A7Mark Davis, officersProcure a last resort font (free of IP or for unrestricted use).  
103-A8Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeProvide documentation for the last resort font.  
103-A9Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate Appendix D from L2/05-110R into a proposed update of UAX #24 by June 15, 2005.L2/05-110RDone
103-A10Rick McGowanPost a PRI for proposed update UAX #24 to close August 9, 2005. Done
103-A11Michel SuignardGive Mark input on bidi for UTR #36.  
103-A12Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeEdit Draft UTR #36 Security Considerations and post as a UTR by the end of June, 2005. Done
103-A13Rick McGowanClose the current PRI on Draft UTR #36, saying it will be re-posted in another draft form. Done
103-A14Rick McGowanMake a Security Subcommittee mail list for UTR #36. Done
103-A15Mark Davis, Security subcommitteeCreate the identifier and confusables lists for UTR #36 by June 30, 2005. Done
103-A16Mark DavisCreate a working draft UTS, for the next version of UTR #36, in time for the August 2005 UTC meeting.  
103-A17Mark Davis, Security subcommitteeGather feedback on the effect of removing default ignorable code points from identifiers described in UTR #36. Done
103-A18Mark DavisConsider the feedback from public review in the update of UTR #36.L2/05-111Done
103-A19Lisa MoorePut document L2/05-083 on the August 2005 UTC agenda.L2/05-083 
103-A20Asmus FreytagPresent new stability policy in WG2 liaison statement, and request that stability policy be added to the WG2 Principles and Procedures doc.  
103-A21Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline with 6 new lowercase characters as in motion 103-M2.L2/05-076Done
103-A22Michel SuignardAdd 6 Latin small letters from motion 103-M2 to FPDAM2 ballot comments.L2/05-076Done
103-A23Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeDraft an update for the character stability policy, re motion 103-M2 and present to the editorial committee. Once feasible, after the officers have approved the policy, update the *actual* policy page with the approved update.L2/05-076In progress
103-A24Asmus FreytagCreate a proposal summary form for 6 new characters in motion 103-M2, and submit to Mike Ksar for WG2 consideration by August 15, 2005.L2/05-076 
103-A25Asmus FreytagAsk Michael Everson to provide a font for the 6 lowercase characters accepted in motion 103-M2.L2/05-076Done
103-A26Rick McGowanClose PRI #53. Done
103-A27Markus Scherer, Martin Hosken, Jonathan Kew, Mark DavisCome up with a consensus proposal for dealing with charsets having contextual mapping (in UTS #22).  
103-A28Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeCreate a file as in 103-C7 for normative name aliases and document the Normative_Name_Alias property in the next version of Unicode. (Don't use =: for the name syntax.)L2/05-137In progress
103-A29Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument on the Unicode website the known name error issues.L2/05-137In progress
103-A30Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeCreate a draft of an en_US translation of NamesList.txt and post for internal review. Done
103-A31Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeConsider Peter Kirk's request in document L2/05-103 to clarify the usage of character names in the standard.L2/05-103 
103-A32Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to include Dotted Square Done
103-A33Murray SargentUpdate the proposal summary form of L2/05-140 and forward to Mike Ksar by end of July, 2005.L2/05-140 
103-A34Michel SuignardAdd Dotted Square to ballot comments for FPDAM2.L2/05-140Done
103-A35Steve Tinney Send to Asmus Freytag an updated cuneiform names list and corresponding cuneiform font for publication of the standard by end of June, 2005.L2/05-135 
103-A36Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline with cuneiform changes.L2/05-135Done
103-A37Michel SuignardAdd comments in L2/05-135 to FPDAM2 ballot comments.L2/05-135Done
103-A38Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline with status for BalineseL2/05-141Done
103-A39Lorna PriestUpdate the Cyrillic proposal with information on question 8 and further research on characters with hook.L2/05-080In progress
103-A40Debbie Anderson Ask Dept. of Linguistics, UCB, to further research Cyrillic characters with hook in L2/05-080.L2/05-080Done
103-A41Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline with 4 Devanagari letters for Sindhi.L2/05-082Done
103-A42Michael EversonProvide a font ot Asmus Freytag for the 4 Devanagari Sindhi imposive characters in L2/05-082.L2/05-082Done
103-A43Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument in version 5.0 of the standard that using anudatta on the unadorned chars is not the way to represent Sindhi imposives. Create a FAQ on this issue.L2/05-082 
103-A44Michael EversonUpdate proposal on inverted interrobang with more evidence of actual usage and support among Spanish user community.L2/05-086 
103-A45Michael Everson, Debbie AndersonDiscuss the encoding model for Carian, Lycian, Lydian with experts. Explore a unified Western Anatolian script, instead of encoding the various alphabets separately.L2/05-100, L2/05-101, L2/05-102In progress
103-A46Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeDraft and post a PRI for Malayalam digit 0 glyph change and numerics, to close August 9, 2005.L2/05-087Done
103-A47Rick McGowanSend an e-mail to Om Vikas and Manoj Jain request Gov't of India review and input on Malayalam issues.L2/05-087Done
103-A48Eric MullerCommunicate back to author regarding issues in C.9 and C.10 in L2/05-088R (and other issues)L2/05-088RDone
103-A49Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDraft a proposal to document a list of recommended orderings for independent vowel plus dependent vowel combinations. Include discussion of the Gurmukhi cases.L2/05-088R 
103-A50Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate TUS text on CGJ as suggested in L2/05-094 for Version 5.0.L2/05-094In progress
103-A51Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeMake the change regarding the shaping of "ra" in Tamil as suggested in L2/05-120 and update the text of the standard. Post as a text erratum with the info by the end of July, 2005.L2/05-120In progress
103-A52Peter Constable, Editorial CommitteePrepare text for Unicode 5.0 for the Syloti Nagri block description, with regard to consensus 103-C14.L2/05-130 
103-A53Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect acceptance of 6 Greek epigraphic characters from document L2/05-098.L2/05-098Done
103-A54Debbie Anderson Reply to Nick Nicholas with the resolution of his document L2/05-098. Ask for updated proposal summary form, forward to Mike Ksar for the next WG2 meeting.L2/05-098Done
103-A54aDebbie Anderson Ask Nick Nicholas for a font for the Greek epigraphic characters and provide it to Asmus.L2/05-098In progress
103-A55Asmus FreytagCreate and post an erratum, swapping the glyphs for 1D09C and 1D09F.L2/05-106Done
103-A56Michel SuignardAdd glyph errata for swap of two Byzantine Musical Symbols (1D09C and 1D09F) to the ballot comments for FPDAM2.L2/05-106Done
103-A57Asmus FreytagReview L2/05-106 and document suggested recommendations for the next UTC meeting.L2/05-106 
103-A58Rick McGowanClose PRI #59 Done
103-A59Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeAdd a clarifying header in the names list, "Generic Punctuation for Scripts of India", and add a pointer in each script's names list section, pointing to the generic dandas. Done
103-A60Rick McGowan, Ken Whistler, Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument known issues with the names of danda and double danda, for Unicode 5.0. In progress
103-A61Eric MullerReview the script properties of all the dandas and make recommendations to next UTC.  
103-A62Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIssue a proposed update to UTS #18 (document revision 12) that addresses the issue in L2/05-121 ASAP.L2/05-121 
103-A63Rick McGowanAfter UTS #18 is ready, post a PRI on UTS #18 to close August 9, 2005.L2/05-121 
103-A64Rick McGowanClose PRI #65. Done
103-A65Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect encoding of 5 chillu letters for Malayalam. Done
103-A66Michel SuignardAdd the 5 Malayalam chillu letters to ballot comments for FPDAM2. Done
103-A67Eric MullerPrepare the proposal summary form for 5 Malayalam chillu letters, and forward to Mike Ksar for the next WG2 meeting.  
103-A68Rick McGowanClose PRI #66 and note that UTC accepted the 5 chillu forms for Malayalam. Done
103-A69Asmus FreytagWrite to Jon Benito to suggest referencing UAX #31 instead of TR 10176, asking how to proceed, and inviting feedback. Done
103-A70John JenkinsCreate Proposed Draft UTR #38 from the Unihan database user's guide draft, L2/05-149, in time for the next UTC meeting.L2/05-149 
103-A71Eric Muller, Hideki HiuraPrepare a submission to WG2 to modify clause 20.4 Variation Selectors in 10646 to bring it in line with suggested usage in TUS for use of Han variation selectors.  
103-A72John JenkinsAsk IRG to review UTS #37 once it is posted for public review.  
103-A73John Jenkins, Richard Cook, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Unihan.html to make the IICore field normative in the next version of the standard.  
103-A74Asmus Freytag, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeDraft a PRI on 3 Arabic glyph errata, to include as background pages 6 and 7 of L2/05-151.L2/05-151Done
103-A75Rick McGowanPost PRI on 3 Arabic glyph errata, to close August 9, 2005.L2/05-151Done
103-A76Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeTake into account feedback on L2/05-127 and incorporate into ongoing Chapter 3 text for Unicode 5.0.L2/05-127In progress
103-A77Lisa MooreUpdate and post UTC 102/L2 199 minutes.  
103-A78Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipline with Malayalam Letter KL2/05-154Done
103-A79Michel SuignardAdd Malayalam Letter K to ballot comments for FPDAM2.L2/05-154Done
103-A80Ken WhistlerPrepare a proposed update to UAX #34 saying that additional "with" and "and" are allowed in Named Sequences. In progress
103-A81Michel SuignardAdd support for current N'Ko proposal to ballot comments for FPDAM2. Done
103-A82Ken WhistlerMake specified property changes to LineBreak.txt for the next version of the standard.L2/05-155Done
103-A83Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeGenerate and post an erratum report regarding the line breaking of U+1735 and U+1736.L2/05-155Done
103-A84Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteePrepare a proposed update of UAX #14 to incorporate a note for U+00A1 and U+00BF.L2/05-155In progress
103-A85Mark DavisInvestigate the GC and Linebreak values of the characters U+3164 and U+FFA0 in the context of the claims made in L2/05-093.L2/05-093 
103-A86Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteePrepare the PRI text and background document for a PRI on Bidi_Mirrored property.L2/05-155Done
103-A87Rick McGowanPost the PRI on Bidi_Mirrored property, to close August 9, 2005. Done
103-A88Mark Davis, Bidi SubcommitteeGive clear implementation guidelines on the use of Soft Hyphen in the context of Bidi and linebreaking.L2/05-093, L2/05-155 
103-A89Ken WhistlerDraft ballot comments on 14651 Amd 3 to reflect UTC consensus. Deliver to Cathy Wissink by May 28, 2005.L2/05-116Done

From UTC #102 and L2 #199

Action Who Description Documents Status
102-A1Hideki HiuraEnsure that the IRG prepares visual reference information for Extension B and other new additions.  
102-A2Mark DavisAdd "Nko" to Scripts.txt for Unicode 5.0 as script long name.  
102-A24Michael EversonGet a font to Asmus for printing the 6 Latin letters with descender in the standard. [Reassigned to Michael Everson from Lorna Priest]L2/05-029 
102-A28Om VikasTake feedback on Lepcha and set up a teleconference on Lepcha encoding. Participants from UTC: Michael Everson, Rick McGowan, Peter Constable, ken Whistler, Eric Muller, Mark Davis.L2/05-061 
102-A30Ken Whistler, Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeTrack down and fix the problems in the FAQ and text of the standard which were leading to the misunderstandings regarding N'Ko encoding issues. (Asmus to address issues in Punctuation chapter of book.) In progress
102-A31Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeAdd explanatory text on CJK encoding decisions (regarding some HKSCS CJK ideographs) in a future version of TUS. (5.0 issue)L2/05-037 
102-A32Mark Davis, officersInvestigate having a stability policy on case folding. Ref: consensus 102-C11.L2/05-057 
102-A33Uma, Peter ConstablePrepare text for addition to the Principles and Procedures document, for submission to the next UTC meeting. Subdivide into two sections: one on disunifications, and one on introduction of a case pair for an existing character.L2/05-057 
102-A34Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeCorrect version number to 3.1 and post UTS #22, ASAP.L2/05-043 
102-A38Mark DavisGive V. S. Umamaheswaran suggested text on range limitations regarding pattern_syntax (and identifier stability and restrictions) for Principles and Procedures document.L2/05-012In progress
102-A53Peter Constable, Hideki Hiura, Mark Davis, Eric MullerWrite a tech note on rendering different languages using the same script.  
102-A54Rick McGowan, Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeCreate a page on the Unicode website for educators, pulling together tutorials and other resources. Get Eric Muller's tutorial to put up as a tech note pointed to from that page. In progress
102-A58Michel SuignardAdd the 7 new Gurmukhi named sequences to the US ballot comments for 10646:2003 FPDAM 2. (Note K. Whistler email of 2/14/2005 re defect in one of these sequences.)L2/05-063 
102-A59Michael EversonProvide examples of well-formed character proposals to Om Vikas for reference.  
102-A60Om VikasSet up a teleconference on Indic issues in advance of the next UTC to review papers and discuss potential issues.  
102-A62Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeAdd guidelines for the use of gc=Nd in general parsing. For Unicode 5.0. (Relevant sections: 15.3 Superscripts and Subscripts, 4.6 Numeric Value.)L2/05-062RIn progress
102-A63Mark DavisLook at the situation re pre- and postfix characters (for currency symbols), and see if any changes need to be made in UAX #14. (After 4.1.)  
102-A83Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post draft UTR #33.L2/05-045In progress
102-A84Rick McGowanCreate a new PRI on UTR #33 to close 8/9/2005.  
102-A90Mike Ksar, Magda DanishDraft a letter to Marc Kuester CDSG to relay our interest in their program of work. For Mark Davis signature. Due March 12, 2005.  

From UTC #101 and L2 #198

Action Who Description Documents Status
101-A3Asmus FreytagWrite a description of Mongolian shaping so we can get it into Unicode 5.0.  
101-A6Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate an FAQ documenting the range of acceptable glyph variants. Start with Figure 7.1 from the book. Include a pointer to MS Typography website for more information. See also 1.0 glyph variations in the book, and also include U+01B3. In progress
101-A11Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeAdd language to Chapter 3 (Conformance) to clarify that conformance to default casing is not required. Conformant implementations can override C20. In progress
101-A57Ken WhistlerAdd the conclusion of L2/04-392 to a "readme" file in the same directory as the HANGUL.TXT file, pending outcome of the investigation by Asmus Freytag and V S Umamaheswaran.L2/04-392 
101-A62Richard CookProof the Pinyin readings and mapping data for the approximately 14000 ideographic characters from the XHC source and supply info to John Jenkins to update the Unihan database.  
101-A63John JenkinsUpdate the Unihan database with the new field from XHC source readings, and document the new field.  
101-A64Ken WhistlerUse the property info in L2/04-354 when updating data files for Cuneiform for Unicode 5.0.L2/04-354 
101-A65Asmus FreytagTake linebreak info for Cuneiform from document L2/04-354 into account when updating UAX #14 for Unicode 5.0.L2/04-354 

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A25Murray Sargent, Asmus FreytagDetermine the properties for the five mathematical horizontal bracket characters from L2/04-329 for Unicode 5.0L2/04-329 
100-A33Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeReview document L2/04-293 and incorporate text into the Yi block as appropriateL2/04-293In progress
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model in Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress
100-A55Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeMake an XML version of the UCD available. Part of the plan for roll-out includes public review of the schema. Issue a PRI when ready.L2/04-220In progress
100-A61Lisa MooreFind out about CR NEL from an EBCDIC point of view: will there be files containing CR NEL and why did XML add it?L2/04-331 
100-A68Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTR #30: Character Foldings and post as UTR #30.L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325In progress
100-A73Mark Davis, Eric MullerDevelop a proposal on properties and casing.L2/04-123 
100-A75Ken WhistlerMake new document on collation upper and lower bounds for the November UTC.L2/04-319 
100-A77Ken WhistlerDraft a proposal for criteria for the default UCA table, based on discussion of document L2/04-277.L2/04-277 
100-A100Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post Proposed Update UTR #23: The Unicode Character Property Model, by September 30, 2005L2/04-308 
100-A101Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePost a Public Review Issue for Proposed Update UTR #23: The Unicode Character Property Model, by October 1, 2005, to close November 8, 2005.L2/04-308 

From UTC #99 and L2 #196

Action Who Description Documents Status
99-A2Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeFurther discuss the design of UCD tags.L2/04-167 
99-A22Mark Davis, Ken Whistler, Vladimir Weinstein, Editorial CommitteeEstablish a procedure for tracking and managing changes to the UCA table (DUCET).  

From UTC #98 and L2 #195

Action Who Description Documents Status
98-A1John JenkinsDetermine the frequency of usage of the supplementary Hong Kong characters. In progress
98-A2John JenkinsAsk Tom Bishop if he is willing to have CDL data used internally by the IRGL2/04-037In progress
98-A8John JenkinsAdd data on Cantonese pronunciation from Cheung and Bauer to Unihan.txt after the release of Unicode 4.1 (was: after 4.0.1) In progress
98-A28Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteePrepare a public review item for Proposed Draft UTS #XX. BOCU-1.L2/04-016On hold
98-A29Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePost a Public Review Issue for Proposed Draft UTS #XX, BOCU-1 to close June 8, 2004.L2/04-016On hold

From UTC #97 and L2 #194

Action Who Description Documents Status
97-A16Michael EversonWrite a tech note on phonetic notation (insular G and related IPA & Latin characters). In progress
97-A17Michael EversonWrite a tech note on the double oblique hyphen In progress
97-A65Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument how to represent phonetic symbols used in dictionaries in a tech note and FAQ, using information from L2/03-359.L2/03-359In progress

From UTC #96 and L2 #193

Action Who Description Documents Status
96-A12Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument the behavior of "ij", "fi", and "ffi" ligatures with accents in Unicode 5.0. Reference 96-C4, 96-A10. Text will use a future FAQ as its basis.L2/03-248In progress

From UTC #95 and L2 #192

Action Who Description Documents Status
95-A95Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Proposed Draft UTR #32: Assessing Unicode Support based on feedback received during the meeting and post as a proposed draft ASAP.L2/03-196In progress