Open Action Items before UTC #106

Auto generated on: February 01, 2006 at 14:19:06

From UTC #105 and L2 #202

Action Who Description Documents Status
105-A1Asmus FreytagFollow up with author of Arabic Math proposals and give him our feedback with the aim of actionable proposal for February 2006 UTC. Closed
105-A2Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDraft text explaining mirroring behavior of some symbols (for math) for the standard and UTR #25 and issue a second update.  
105-A3Rick McGowanExtend the closing date on PRI #75 and post a second update of UTR #25 from Freytag. The new closing date is Jan 30, 2006. Update the PRI text to include a pointer to the data file.  
105-A4Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeMake updates based on feedback and in discussion and post updated Draft UTS #37 as an approved UTS.L2/05-325, L2/05-331 
105-A5Rick McGowanClose PRI #76. Done
105-A6Ken WhistlerUpdate properties for Old Persian.L2/05-289Done
105-A7Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate 1-5 of doc L2/05-286 into UAX #29 and post a new update.L2/05-286Done
105-A8Rick McGowanPost a PRI for UAX #29 to close Jan 30, 2006. Done
105-A9Rick McGowanClose PRI #79. Done
105-A10Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #29 definition of Aletter as documented in L2/05-294 and include in the proposed update.L2/05-294Done
105-A11Mark DavisUpdate the proposed update UAX #31 based on the discussion of the comments in L2/05-331.L2/05-331Done
105-A12Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteePost the DUCET change management guidelines in an appropriate place on the website.L2/05-299 
105-A13Debbie Anderson Follow up with Nick Nicholas to suggest that he update his UTN on Byzantine Music to add these suggested tailorings, explanations, etc.L2/05-341Closed
105-A14Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeRemand L2/05-301 with changes suggested in the meeting and after editing by the Editorial Committee, post in an appropriate place on the website.L2/05-301 
105-A15Mark DavisGather requirements for upper and lower bound collating characters.L2/05-302 
105-A16Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeMake the changes (#7 & #8) to the current working draft of UAX #14. [Ready for review]L2/05-286Done
105-A17Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeMake the changes to UAX #14 as modified by discussion of L2/05-303 in the meeting. (A, B, and D from the document.)L2/05-303Done
105-A18Ken WhistlerUpdate Linebreak.txt with items A, B, and D from L2/05-303.L2/05-303Done
105-A19Mark Davis, Mike KsarRequest TC46 to add the two new country codes to ISO 4217.L2/05-291 
105-A20Mark DavisUpdate Scripts.txt with the change of U+1DBF to value "Greek". Done
105-A21Mark Davis, Security subcommitteeDevelop a set of criteria for visual confusability to guide the development of the confusable data tables. In progress
105-A22Michel Suignard, Security subcommitteeInclude in UTS #39 a discussion of user scenarios and other criteria that were used in the formation of the algorithm and data.  
105-A23Rick McGowanReword the PRI #77 for UTS #39 and extend the closing date to Jan 30, 2006, after the Draft UTS #39 is ready for posting.  
105-A24Rick McGowan, Mark DavisForward to IETF (and SASL WG) info on security profiles and comments as in above consensi.  
105-A25Michel Suignard, Mark Davis Forward to ICANN info on security profiles and comments as in above consensi. Done
105-A26Mark Davis, Security subcommitteeUpdate UTR #36 and UTS #39 based on feedback in the meeting and post new versions. Done
105-A27Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeMake changes in document UTS #39 and post for public review.  
105-A28Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeMake changes in document UTR #36 and post for public review.  
105-A29Rick McGowanPost updated UTS #39 for PRI when ready, to close January 30, 2006.  
105-A30Rick McGowanPost updated UTR #36 for PRI when ready, to close January 30, 2006.  
105-A31Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeReflect items raised in discussion including deletion of K15 and re-numbering of definition rules and clauses in TUS.L2/05-290Done
105-A32Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeReflect items raised in discussion including enclosing combining mark in UAX #14 and elsewhere as appropriate.L2/05-290Done
105-A33UmaContact authors of L2/05-249 and L2/05-295 re open questions on the Malayalam fractions.L2/05-249, L2/05-295Done
105-A34Eric Muller, Peter ConstableDocument the behavior of Malayalam chillu characters, "before" and "after" proposed addition of chillu characters. Clear exposition of the text representation issues. (Original action was 103-A67)L2/05-210, L2/05-334 
105-A35Rick McGowanAsk authors of L2/05-309R to correct the glyph of vocalic RR before submission to WG2 and re-submission to WG2. Rick to forward proposal to WG2.L2/05-309RDone
105-A36Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect addition of four Malayalam characters.L2/05-309RDone
105-A37Michel SuignardAdd the 4 Malayalam characters to the US ballot comments.L2/05-309R 
105-A38Michael Everson, Andrew West, Chris FynnRevise L2/05-244 taking into account canonical equivalence issues and text in the standard and comments in L2/05-338, plus the consideration of FA and VA for Chinese.L2/05-244, L2/05-338 
105-A39Rick McGowanFollow up with the authors to update proposal L2/05-345 and submit to WG2.L2/05-345Done
105-A40Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect acceptance of TIBETAN SIGN RDEL NAG RDEL DKAR at U+0FCE.L2/05-345Done
105-A41Michel SuignardAdd TIBETAN SIGN RDEL NAG RDEL DKAR at U+0FCE to US ballot comments.L2/05-345 
105-A42Rick McGowanRick McGowan brief the Tibex list of the UTC actions on Tibetan characters. Done
105-A43Rick McGowanFollow up with authors of and forward to WG2. Proposal needs to be split into two pieces, and forward the proposal for the accepted one character to WG2.L2/05-346, L2/05-347Done
105-A44Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect acceptance of TIBETAN MARK NYIS TSHEG at U+0FD2.L2/05-346Done
105-A45Michel SuignardAdd TIBETAN MARK NYIS TSHEG at U+0FD2 to US ballot comments.L2/05-346 
105-A46Rick McGowanAsk Anshu revisit the Kaithi proposal to fit it into 6 columns and other suggested improvements.L2/05-343Done
105-A47Rick McGowanFollow up with authors to get updated proposal for Egytological characters and submit to WG2.L2/00-293, L2/05-300In progress
105-A48Debbie AndersonFollow up with user community of egyptological characters.L2/05-300 
105-A49Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect inclusion of 4 Egyptological alef/ain characters.L2/05-300Done
105-A50Michel SuignardAdd inclusion of 4 Egyptological alef/ain characters to US ballot comments on amendment 3.L2/05-300 
105-A51Richard CookSecure agreement from all authors on an updated Egyptical hieroglyphics proposal and create a publicly reviewable document.L2/05-311 
105-A52Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a PRI for correcting glyphs for Omega with Titlo saying that UTC will update the glyph if we don't get information to the contrary. Post to close Jan 30, 2006. Done
105-A53Debbie Anderson, Michael EversonCoordinate old Cyrillic encoding proposals.  
105-A54Ken WhistlerAnnotate Byzantine characters based on L2/05-106.L2/05-106Done
105-A55Debbie AndersonFollow up with Nick on collation of Byzantine Music to add the info from L2/05-106 to his UTN.L2/05-106, L2/05-341 
105-A56Asmus FreytagFollow up with author of Arabic math papers L2/05-318 L2/05-319 L2/05-320 L2/05-321 L2/05-322 with results of the ad hoc meeting, with the goal of an actionable proposal for Feb, 2006 UTC.L2/05-318, L2/05-319, L2/05-320 
105-A57Ken WhistlerAdd to pipeline the MUSICAL SYMBOL MULTIPLE MEASURE REST at U+1D129.L2/05-258Done
105-A58Mark DavisPursue the Sindhi hamza issues with the Arabic experts on the bidi committee.L2/05-251 
105-A59Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate material from B and C of document L2/05-344 into documentation for 5.0. (Gurmukhi)L2/05-344In progress
105-A60Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeCreate a PRI on the preferred order for 2 combining marks in Gurmukhi. Done
105-A61Rick McGowanPost the PRI for Gurmukhi to close January 30, 2006. Done
105-A62Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to include acceptance of U+0A51 GURMUKHI SIGN UDAAT.L2/05-344Done
105-A63Rick McGowanWork with the author to create a WG2 proposal and forward to WG2.L2/05-344In progress
105-A64Michel SuignardAdd U+0A51 GURMUKHI SIGN UDAAT to US ballot comments.L2/05-344 
105-A65Asmus FreytagCreate the four Lao formal name aliases.L2/05-357 
105-A66Michel SuignardRequest annotations on these four Lao names in US ballot comments on PDAM 3.L2/05-357 
105-A67Ken WhistlerCheck pipeline for updates re the additional characters, name changes, and code changes in code point assignment given in "Part I" of L2/05-270 for Unicode 5.0.L2/05-270Done
105-A68Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect acceptance of U+2E18 INVERTED INTERROBANG.L2/05-270Done
105-A69Michel SuignardAdd to ballot comments for amendment 3 that further information on U+1D35 LEPCHA SIGN KANG is warranted.L2/05-270 
105-A70Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect acceptance of Ol Chiki.L2/05-270Done
105-A71Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect acceptance of the 81 Saurashtra characters at U+A880..U+A8DF.L2/05-270Done
105-A72Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to include the four already-approved Sindhi characters 097B, 097C, 097E, 097F in Version 5.0. Done
105-A73Ken WhistlerAdd the four already-approved Sindhi characters 097B, 097C, 097E, 097F to the data files as required for 5.0. Done
105-A74Michel SuignardSend source data correction for amendment 1 to John Jenkins for incorporation into the 5.0 version of Unihan database.  
105-A75Lisa Moore, Magda DanishInvite ITU to the next UTC meeting. Done
105-A76Michel SuignardDraft comments for PDAM 3 responding to items A to E raised by ITU SG17 in document L2/05-355.L2/05-355 
105-A77Ken WhistlerMake updates to data files for property changes for 23B4 TOP SQUARE BRACKET, 23B5 BOTTOM SQUARE BRACKET, 23B6 TOP AND BOTTOM SQUARE BRACKET. Done
105-A78Mark DavisComment back to the 15924 JAC that Khutsuri is not an adequate description of Georgian Khutsuri. Need to annotate in the 15924 table that Khutsuri is a type of Georgian. Done
105-A79Mark DavisCommunicate with Everson on above AI and that the current Script assignments for Georgian is "geor". Done
105-A80Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeDocument that the default case folding algorithm doesn't handle atypical uses of Lithuanian correctly.L2/05-342Done
105-A81Asmus FreytagAdd changes to proposed update of UAX #14, in accordance with items 2, 3, 5 of L2/05-292 as amended in discussion.L2/05-292Done
105-A82Mark DavisUpdate documentation in UCD.html in accordance with acceptance of items 2, 3, 5 of L2/05-292 as amended in discussion. Make the normative status consistent with chapter 3.L2/05-292 
105-A83Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeIssue the 5.0 beta to close on January 30, 2006. Done
105-A84Asmus FreytagUpdate the publication workflow document with the authorization to issue proposed updates for editorial changes and PRIs and the refreshing of drafts.  
105-A85Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument in the description of soft hyphen that it works in cursive scripts as in other scripts, in UAX #14 and chapter 16 of the book. Done
105-A86Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd a pointer to the above description of soft hyphen in Arabic to UAX #9. Done
105-A87Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeDraft revision of PRI #80 re Bidi_Mirrored property, updating data and adding background doc. Remove HL6 from UAX #9.L2/05-362Done
105-A87aRick McGowanExtend the closing date of PRI #80 to January 30, 2006. Done
105-A88Mark DavisBring a proposal for identifier stability under normalization and casing, clarifying the text of UAX #31, for the February 2006 meeting.  
105-A89Lisa MooreAdd B.16 (Scherer's proposed UTN on UTF's and BOM's) to the agenda for the next meeting.  

From UTC #104 and L2 #201

Action Who Description Documents Status
104-A5Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for a machine-readable list of metaproperties.L2/05-168In progress
104-A10Eric Muller, Asmus FreytagWork on L2/05-227 and forward to WG2 with latest draft of UTS #37 attached. Include a reference in the Unicode liaison report.L2/05-227In progress
104-A15Mark Davis, Ken WhistlerCommunicate to WG2 a revised list of mirrored characters for Annex E (once they have been firmed up for Unicode 5.0).  
104-A54Eric Muller, Rick McGowanCorrelate and analyze requests in all current Myanmar documents. Come up with a set of questions and concerns. Invite Myanmar national body to participate in an e-mail discussion.L2/04-273, L2/04-198, L2/05-178, L2/05-184 
104-A60Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeAdd to the text of the Gurmukhi block intro information on how to refer to the subjoined consonants ("pairin ka", etc.). (See Section B.2)L2/05-167In progress
104-A78Michael EversonClarify U+1C35 LEPCHA CONSONANT SIGN KANG and submit a document discussing it.L2/05-158 
104-A80Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the Tamil section of Unicode 5.0 to be minimally correct re KSSA (acknowledge two forms occur).L2/05-185 
104-A83Eric MullerAcknowledge receipt of the Vedic materials discussed in L2/05-228, and communicate what the next steps should be.L2/05-228 

From UTC #103 and L2 #200

Action Who Description Documents Status
103-A2Mike KsarDo what they did with currency codes to request the two new country codes ZX and ZY from LTRU. (Owner changed from Davis and Wissink.)L2/05-092In progress
103-A6Asmus Freytag, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a chart for Named Sequences in the "charts/" section of the Unicode website, for review by UTC. In progress
103-A8Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeProvide documentation for the last resort font.  
103-A28Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeCreate a file as in 103-C7 for normative name aliases and document the Normative_Name_Alias property in the next version of Unicode. (Don't use =: for the name syntax.) (Add the canonical name as a comment.)L2/05-137In progress
103-A29Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument on the Unicode website the known name error issues.L2/05-137In progress
103-A60Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeDocument known issues with the names of danda and double danda, for Unicode 5.0. In progress
103-A62Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIssue a proposed update to UTS #18 (document revision 12) that addresses the issue in L2/05-121 ASAP.L2/05-121In progress
103-A63Rick McGowanAfter UTS #18 is ready, post a PRI on UTS #18 to close August 9, 2005.L2/05-121 
103-A67Eric MullerPrepare the proposal summary form for 5 Malayalam chillu letters, and forward to Mike Ksar for the next WG2 meeting.  
103-A70John JenkinsCreate Proposed Draft UTR #38 from the Unihan database user's guide draft, L2/05-149, in time for the next UTC meeting.L2/05-149 
103-A73Rick McGowan, Richard Cook, Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Unihan.html to make the IICore field normative in the next version of the standard.  

From UTC #102 and L2 #199

Action Who Description Documents Status
102-A54Rick McGowan, Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeCreate a page on the Unicode website for educators, pulling together tutorials and other resources. Get Eric Muller's tutorial to put up as a tech note pointed to from that page. [Eric's portion is completed. Ready for review.] In progress
102-A59Michael EversonProvide examples of well-formed character proposals to Om Vikas for reference.  
102-A83Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post draft UTR #33.L2/05-045In progress
102-A84Rick McGowanCreate a new PRI on UTR #33 to close January 30, 2006. [Date postponed from 8/9/2005.]  

From UTC #101 and L2 #198

Action Who Description Documents Status
101-A6Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate an FAQ documenting the range of acceptable glyph variants. Start with Figure 7.1 from the book. Include a pointer to MS Typography website for more information. See also 1.0 glyph variations in the book, and also include U+01B3. [Ready for review.] In progress
101-A62Richard Cook, Rick McGowanProof the Pinyin readings and mapping data for the approximately 14000 ideographic characters from the XHC source and supply info to John Jenkins to update the Unihan database. In progress
101-A63John JenkinsUpdate the Unihan database with the new field from XHC source readings, and document the new field.  

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model after Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress
100-A55Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeMake an XML version of the UCD available. Part of the plan for roll-out includes public review of the schema. Issue a PRI when ready.L2/04-220In progress
100-A61Lisa MooreFind out about CR NEL from an EBCDIC point of view: will there be files containing CR NEL and why did XML add it?L2/04-331 
100-A68Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTR #30: Character Foldings and post as UTR #30.L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325In progress
100-A100Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post Proposed Update UTR #23: The Unicode Character Property Model, by March 31, 2006L2/04-308In progress
100-A101Rick McGowanPost a Public Review Issue for Proposed Update UTR #23: The Unicode Character Property Model, by April 1, 2006, to close May 9, 2006.L2/04-308 

From UTC #99 and L2 #196

Action Who Description Documents Status
99-A2Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeFurther discuss the design of UCD tags.L2/04-167 

From UTC #98 and L2 #195

Action Who Description Documents Status
98-A1John JenkinsDetermine the frequency of usage of the supplementary Hong Kong characters. In progress
98-A2John JenkinsAsk Tom Bishop if he is willing to have CDL data used internally by the IRGL2/04-037In progress
98-A28Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteePrepare a public review item for Proposed Draft UTS #40. BOCU-1.L2/04-016In progress
98-A29Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePost a Public Review Issue for Proposed Draft UTS #40, BOCU-1 to close sometime in 2006 (was June 8, 2004).L2/04-016 

From UTC #97 and L2 #194

Action Who Description Documents Status
97-A16Michael EversonWrite a tech note on phonetic notation (insular G and related IPA & Latin characters). In progress
97-A17Michael EversonWrite a tech note on the double oblique hyphen In progress
97-A65Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeDocument how to represent phonetic symbols used in dictionaries in a tech note and FAQ, using information from L2/03-359.L2/03-359In progress