L2/UTC Open Action Items

Auto generated on: February 05, 2007 at 22:03:28

From UTC #109 and L2 #206

Action Who Description Documents Status
109-A1Eric Muller, John JenkinsSee if characters are missing from Ext C, and communicate with liaison statement to IRG if so. Done
109-A2Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline for items included in the WG2 consent docket.L2/06-351Done
109-A3Eric MullerFollow up with authors of the Lanna proposal regarding questions and concerns about the model, by December 1.L2/06-258Done
109-A3aPeter ConstableFollow up with authors of the Lanna proposal regarding questions and concerns about the model, by December 1.L2/06-258Done
109-A4Rick McGowanRespond to the author of L2/06-368 that this represents a duplicate encoding and is out of scope.L2/06-368Done
109-A5Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect acceptance of 23 Myanmar characters.L2/06-303, L2/06-304Done
109-A6Ken WhistlerAdd annotation for U+0657 for Kashmiri.L2/06-372Done
109-A7Swaran LataRecheck items in document L2/06-372 and come back to UTC with results.L2/06-372 
109-A8Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeReflect consensus re handling of versioned data files into the About Technical Reports web page. Done
109-A9Asmus FreytagPropose a disposition of the UTR #25 math data tables in line with the proposal in L2/06-352 for the February 2007 UTC meeting.L2/06-352In progress
109-A10Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeRefresh the draft of UTR #25 by end of December, 2006, as necessary.L2/06-217Done
109-A11Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteePost up UDHR page and info as per consensus 109-C10. Done
109-A12Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeProduce proposed update for UAX #15 to define a Normalization Process for Stable Strings (NPSS).L2/06-350Done
109-A13Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UAX #15 to close January 30, 2007. Done
109-A14Rick McGowanClose PRI #95. Done
109-A15Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeDraft a PRI about adding U+00B7 MIDDLE DOT to Other_ID_Continue. To close January 30, 2007.L2/06-378Done
109-A16Rick McGowanRespond on Georgian case folding input. As designed.L2/06-378Done
109-A17Mark DavisLook at and respond to comments from bqw10602@nifty.com Sadahiro-san (Aug 24, Corrigendum 5) re U+0DCA.L2/06-378Done
109-A18Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeProduce the data for Consensus 109-C13, to preserve canonical equivalence by adding property values where necessary. (In particular, DerivedNumericValues.txt.)L2/06-378In progress
109-A19Rick McGowanRespond to Steffen Kamp (if he hasn't already been notified) re error report on Index.txt.L2/06-378Done
109-A20Rick McGowanVerify that WeeSan Lee's error report went to Jenkins; replay if necessary to WeeSan Lee.L2/06-378Done
109-A21Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeFix error in Default_Ignorable_Code_Point property. (Cox Sept. 24)L2/06-378 
109-A22Rick McGowanRepond to Charles Cox on DICP if necessary.L2/06-378Done
109-A23Rick McGowanEnsure that David Zulke has been pointed to CLDR re his input.L2/06-378Done
109-A24Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview and respond to Sidhu on issue raised in L2/06-111.L2/06-111 
109-A25Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeMake editorial updates to UTS #22 based on L2/06-302 and create a proposed update.L2/06-302 
109-A26Rick McGowanPost a PRI for PU UTS #22, to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A27Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeCreate proposed update UTR #36 and UTS #39 and draft updated data tables.  
109-A28Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTR #36 to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A29Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTS #39 to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A30Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UCD.html with the rationale for bidi change authorized in consensus 109-C15.L2/06-332In progress
109-A31Ken WhistlerUpdate UnicodeData.txt to change the bidi category of U+0600..U+0603, U+06DD. bc=AL --> bc=AN for next version of the standard. Done
109-A32Mark DavisUpdate ideographic property for U+FA30-U+FA6A (in PropList.txt) and fix the word break property (in WordBreakProperty.txt), for the next version of the standard.  
109-A33Rick McGowan, John Jenkins, Richard CookAdd U+6F06, U+9621 to accounting numbers in Unihan database.L2/06-309Done
109-A34Ken WhistlerAdd numeric values for 8 Han characters in UnicodeData.txt for next version of the standard.L2/06-309Done
109-A35Rick McGowanFollow up with Ken Karlsson re SI prefix characters and other dispositions on issues in the document.L2/06-309Done
109-A36Mark Davis, Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDraft PRI text on the use of ZWJ/ZWNJ in identifiers.L2/06-353Done
109-A37Rick McGowanPost a PRI on the use of ZWJ/ZWNJ in identifiers. Done
109-A38Asmus FreytagUse the information in L2/06-371 to propose linebreak property updates.L2/06-371Done
109-A39John JenkinsSubmit the characters in L2/06-364 (including Lee's) to the IRG for C2 (=D)L2/06-364 
109-A40John JenkinsSubmit the characters in L2/06-365, minus the Wenlin variants, to be registered as a variant collection.L2/06-365 
109-A41John JenkinsSuggest to Wenlin that they submit their set of deformed radicals, etc. to be registered as a separate variant collection.L2/06-365 
109-A42Lisa Moore, Michael KaplanInvite representatives of the Government of Tamil Nadu to the February 2007 UTC meeting. Done
109-A43Michel Suignard, Mark DavisCreate a liaison document to IETF based on the comments in Consensus 109-C20. Done
109-A44Cary Karp, Lisa MooreSet up future communications by meetings and e-mail. Done
109-A45Mark DavisProvide source files as part of UTS #39 that alow XID_Modifications to be derived from existing Unicode properties plus distinguished exceptions.  
109-A46Mark DavisPropose a resolution of properties for the characters U+0374, U+0387, U+1FEF, U+1FFD.L2/06-386 
109-A47Asmus FreytagAdd a note to UAX #11 about why EAW does not obey canonical equivalence. Done
109-A48Asmus FreytagAdd a note to UAX #14 about why LB does not obey canonical equivalence, and list the exceptions from L2/06-386.L2/06-386Done
109-A49Mark DavisAdd a note to UAX #31 about why it does not obey canonical equivalence, and list the exceptions from L2/06-386.L2/06-386Done
109-A50Mark DavisAdd tests on canonical equivalence of properties to invariance tests for UCD.L2/06-386 
109-A51Michel SuignardAdd 4 orthographic and modifier characters at U+A789..U+A78C to PDAM 4 ballot comments.L2/06-259R 
109-A52Michel SuignardAdd U+312D BOPOMOFO LETTER IH to PDAM 4 ballot comments.L2/06-338 
109-A53Michel SuignardAdd U+214F SYMBOL FOR SAMARITAN SOURCE to PDAM 4 ballot comments.L2/06-245 
109-A54Rick McGowanPost PRI for "external link sign" as per consensus 109-C26. To close January 30, 2007.L2/06-268Done
109-A55Debbie AndersonProvide thanks and feedback to Charles Riley on Bamum proposal.L2/06-313Done
109-A56Michel SuignardAdd change in names of 11 recently accepted Arabic characters as per consensus 109-C27 to PDAM 4 ballot comments.  
109-A57Michael EversonProduce an updated version of L2/06-345 to show all 4 forms for each proposed character. Also change name of U+0616.L2/06-345 
109-A58Michel SuignardAdd 8 Arabic characters for Persian and Azerbaijani to PDAM 4 ballot comments.L2/06-345 
109-A59Ken Whistler, Rick McGowan, Michael EversonFind a new supplementary block for further Arabic extensions in the Roadmap. In progress
109-A60Michael EversonSupply a font for printing the Arabic characters accepted in L2/06-345.L2/06-345 
109-A61Peter Constable, Mark DavisRespond to Dr. Durrani regarding L2/06-322 and recommend a regional initiative to find and encode novel combinations.L2/06-322Done
109-A62Michel SuignardAdd 4 Qur'anic Arabic characters, U+0617..U+061A to PDAM 4 ballot commentsL2/06-358 
109-A63Michael EversonAdd collation information to L2/06-358, as in consensus 109-C29, and note the revised position of other extensions.L2/06-358 
109-A64Michael EversonSupply a font for printing the Arabic characters accepted in L2/06-358.L2/06-358 
109-A65Michel Suignard, Mark DavisAdd the 4 Qur'anic Arabic characters in L2/06-358 to the list of confusables.L2/06-358 
109-A66Rick McGowanSend script subcommittee comments to Michael Everson re Avestan proposal.L2/06-335Done
109-A67Michael EversonSupply a font to Asmus Freytag for printing the Avestan characters when resubmitting the proposal.L2/06-335 
109-A68Rick McGowanConnect Swaran Lata with Michael Everson's user list for Meithei, and solicit India's comments. Done
109-A69Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeIssue an erratum for omega with titlo, as per consensus 106-C30.L2/06-357 
109-A70Ken WhistlerUpdate annotation of U+0478 and U+0479 to explain their ambiguity and their relationship to the newly encoded "uk".L2/06-357Done
109-A71Ken WhistlerAdd an annotation to U+033E indicating that it is the paerok and isn't for palatalization.L2/06-359, L2/06-389Done
109-A72Eric MullerGet the original Birnbaum document from Joe Becker and add information to put it in context. Add that document to the doc register. Done
109-A73Swaran LataEngage in more discussion of L2/06-373 in India and return to UTC with the results.L2/06-373 
109-A74Ken WhistlerAdd consonant sign cillu to the rejected charaters list.L2/06-261Done
109-A75Swaran LataInvestigate cillaksharams YA and TA as discussed in documents L2/06-337 and L2/06-343.L2/06-337, L2/06-343 
109-A76Debbie AndersonSend to Swaran Lata the proposal draft on additional Malayalam fractions by Anshuman Pandey. Done
109-A77Michael Kaplan Respond to author of L2/06-250 that some of these characters are already in FPDAM 3 and should not be disturbed. Other feedback as discussed by UTC.L2/06-250 
109-A78Swaran LataInvestigate 18 characters for Telugu listed in L2/06-267.L2/06-267 
109-A79Eric MullerIn preparing the UTR on Indic issues, consider L2/06-334 and add to Telugu discussion of alternate forms of "R" analogous to Gurmukhi.  
109-A80Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline for additions in consensuses 109-C23 through 109-C33. Done
109-A81Michel SuignardAdd the characters in consensus 109-C23 through 109-C33 to PDAM 4 ballot comments.  
109-A82Rick McGowanRespond to author of L2/06-301 that these characters will not be encoded because they can already be represented with existing sequences.L2/06-301Done
109-A83Lisa MooreAdd agenda items C.9, C.10, C.15 to the agenda for the next UTC meeting. Done

From UTC #108 and L2 #205

Action Who Description Documents Status
108-A2Lisa Moore, Editorial CommitteeCreate an FAQ on the Arabic model, based on L2/06-240L2/06-240In progress
108-A3Mark DavisAdd U+FF9E and U+FF9F to Other_Grapheme_Extend in PropList.txt for the next version of the standard.L2/06-246 
108-A4Mark DavisGive the script property value of "Latin" to all of the Roman Numerals which do not already have that property, in the next version of the standard.L2/06-241 
108-A5Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the documentation of modifier letters in the text of the standard, in UAX #31, and in UAX #29.L2/06-242, L2/06-243 
108-A6Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteePropose appropriate text and pointers in UCD.html to clarify the meaning and usage of general category values.  
108-A7Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UCD.html as appropriate, based on outcome of action items 108-A005, 108-A006 by Asmus.  
108-A12aMark DavisUpdate NBSP property value in SentenceBreakProperty.txt in a future version of the standard.L2/06-255 
108-A13Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeAdd a section to UTR #23 indicating that addition of properties needs to take into account all existing relevant properties (and any derivation relations).L2/06-265 
108-A17Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeEvaluate the possibility and timing of a 5.0.1 release to include property updates and conformance additions to the standard approved by the UTC. In progress
108-A20Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd FAQs on issues raised in nextsteps doc. (On hold pending resolution of IDNA drafts.)L2/06-263, L2/06-264 
108-A22Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeProduce a proposed update of UTS #10 with consensus changes re parameterization, and post for public review.L2/06-254 
108-A23Rick McGowanPost a PRI for proposed update for UTS #10 when ready, to close Oct 31, 2006.  
108-A25Ken WhistlerMake DUCET table changes related to consensus 108-C11 (tatweel + accent, l-dot contractions) in the next dot version of the UCA.  
108-A26Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeMake the clarifications related to consensus 108-C11 in the proposed update to UCA. (case folding and compatibility equivalents)L2/06-273 
108-A29Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeProvide recommendations for how to restructure UTS #10 and UAX #15 for clarity.  
108-A36Eric Muller, Peter ConstableUpdate Indic block descriptions as appropriate for post 5.0.L2/06-225 
108-A37Michael EversonLook at old Bantu phonetic click proposal L2/04-232 and feedback documents and make a new proposal (if he wants to pursue it).L2/04-232, L2/06-290, L2/06-293 
108-A40Eric MullerRespond to Sidhu on L2/06-233. Proposal is not actionable as is. Follow up and try to make the proposal clearer.L2/06-233 
108-A72Ken WhistlerCommunicate the approved UCA changes of this meeting to SC2 OWG/sort as request for changes to 14651 in a future version.  
108-A73Mark DavisDraft a web page describing the representation of sequences as entities.L2/06-251 

From UTC #107 and L2 #204

Action Who Description Documents Status
107-A55John Jenkins, Richard CookMake a proposed draft UTR based on L2/06-206.L2/06-206 
107-A56Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for PD UTR #38 when ready, to close August 1, 2006.  
107-A65Michel SuignardDraft a proposal to remove the mention of levels as much as possible from 10646. In progress
107-A69John Jenkins, Richard CookRemove references to kWubi from UTR #38.  
107-A123Richard CookVerify the proposed additions in L2/06-212 and L2/06-147.L2/06-212, L2/06-147 
107-A131Swaran LataTake feedback on the Vedic proposal and submit a revised proposal for November 2006 UTC meeting.L2/06-185 
107-A132Rick McGowanWork with the roadmap committee to find a place for Vedic symbols, preferably on the BMP.L2/06-185In progress
107-A138Martin Hosken, Rick McGowanRevise UTN #11 to add disclaimer at top about revision of Myanmar. In progress

From UTC #106 and L2 #203

Action Who Description Documents Status
106-A6Eric MullerHave a group look at the cases where ZWJ and ZWNJ cause an issue; check on refinement of rendering rules.L2/06-024 
106-A7Michael Kaplan Provide examples of well-formed character proposals to V S Umamaheswaran for inclusion in the WG2 Principles and Procedures. In progress
106-A28Ken WhistlerTake Section E of L2/06-030 (Udaat) into account when creating DUCET for a future version of the UCA.L2/06-030 
106-A54Eric Muller, Marcus Scherer, Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for documenting the special casing conditions in the UCD.L2/06-067In progress

From UTC #105 and L2 #202

Action Who Description Documents Status
105-A58Lisa Moore, Ken WhistlerPursue the Sindhi hamza issues with the Arabic experts on the bidi committee.L2/05-251In progress
105-A84Asmus FreytagUpdate the publication workflow document with the authorization to issue proposed updates for editorial changes and PRIs and the refreshing of drafts. In progress

From UTC #104 and L2 #201

Action Who Description Documents Status
104-A5Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for a machine-readable list of metaproperties.L2/05-168In progress

From UTC #103 and L2 #200

Action Who Description Documents Status
103-A6Asmus Freytag, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a chart for Named Sequences in the "charts/" section of the Unicode website, for review by UTC. In progress
103-A8Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeProvide documentation for the last resort font. In progress
103-A62Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIssue a proposed update to UTS #18 (document revision 12) that addresses the issue in L2/05-121.L2/05-121In progress
103-A63Rick McGowanAfter UTS #18 is ready, post a PRI on UTS #18 to close May 9, 2006.L2/05-121 

From UTC #101 and L2 #198

Action Who Description Documents Status
101-A62Richard Cook, Rick McGowanProof the Pinyin readings and mapping data for the approximately 14000 ideographic characters from the XHC source and supply info to John Jenkins to update the Unihan database. In progress
101-A63John JenkinsUpdate the Unihan database with the new field from XHC source readings, and document the new field.  

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model after Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress
100-A55Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeMake an XML version of the UCD available. Part of the plan for roll-out includes public review of the schema. Issue a PRI when ready.L2/04-220In progress
100-A61Lisa MooreFind out about CR NEL from an EBCDIC point of view: will there be files containing CR NEL and why did XML add it?L2/04-331In progress
100-A68Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTS #30: Character Foldings and post as UTS #30. [Ready for final review]L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325In progress

From UTC #99 and L2 #196

Action Who Description Documents Status
99-A2Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeFurther discuss the design of UCD tags.L2/04-167