Open Action Items

Auto generated on: May 11, 2007 at 14:20:15

From UTC #110 and L2 #207

Action Who Description Documents Status
110-A1Lisa MooreWrite letter to Govt of India regarding Swaran Lata's participation in the next UTC meeting. Done
110-A2Mark DavisMake the change to Scripts.txt, changing U+327E to have "Hangul" script property.L2/06-399Done
110-A3Mark DavisUpdate Scripts.txt, changing the script property of all the characters in L2/06-399 with Katakana parts to Katakana script. Highlight this change in the Unicode 5.0.1 beta. (done except for docs)L2/06-399In progress
110-A4Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDraft a PRI on reviewing the script property of the U+3200 and U+3300 blocks. In progress
110-A5Rick McGowanPost the PRI on U+3200 and U+3300 block script property, to close on May 8, 2007.  
110-A6Mark DavisAdd an invariant test to tools, asserting (sc=XX) === (gc = [Cn, Co])L2/07-026 
110-A7Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteePrepare text for UAX #24 Script Names describing the use of the script property in layout systems, as part of the proposed update. In progress
110-A8John JenkinsFix the regex in Unihan.html and Unihan.txt per section 1.1 of document L2/07-026.L2/07-026In progress
110-A9John JenkinsFix the error in kFourCornerCode in the Unihan database, per section 1.2 of document L2/07-026.L2/07-026Done
110-A10Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeMake the changes to UCD.html to add regexes. See Consensus 110-C5. See also AI 110-A008 and 110-A009.L2/07-026 
110-A11Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd default string values as in Consensus 110-C6. (Default values from Table 2, Column 4 in UCD.html) Item #3.L2/07-026In progress
110-A12Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeDocument Consensus 110-C7 regarding conventions for booleans in UCD.html and in PropertyValueAliases.txt. Item #4.L2/07-026In progress
110-A13Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeDocument the decomposition mapping for Hangul syllables. See Consensus 110-C8.L2/07-026 
110-A14Mark DavisCommunicate Consensus 110-C9 to IETF colleagues, regarding addition of new Unicode property for use in IDN.  
110-A15Rick McGowanExtend PRI periods for PRI #102, #103, #104 to May 8, 2007. Done
110-A16Mark Davis, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeResolve dispute about whether correct text was added to UTS #18 or needs updating.L2/07-029 
110-A17Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteePrepare a proposed update for UAX #24. See Consensus 110-C10. In progress
110-A18Rick McGowanPost a PRI for PU UAX #24 when ready, to close May 8, 2007.  
110-A19Mark DavisDocument in UCD.html what happens when an explicit value is not provided for the foldings and mappings listed in item #10 of L2/07-026R, except for special casing conditions.L2/07-026 
110-A20Mark DavisCorrect spelling of sfc > scf in PropertyValueAliases.txt.L2/07-026Done
110-A21Mark DavisCreate a new field for DerivedNumericValues.txt with the rational format for the number.L2/07-026Done
110-A22Mark DavisRemove scc from PropertyAliases.txt and UCD.html. Add appropriate commentary in CaseFolding.txt and SpecialCasing.txt.L2/07-026In progress
110-A23Ken WhistlerChange the linebreak property fro U+1FFD Greek Oxia from AL to BB.L2/07-049Done
110-A24Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeCreate a PRI on the Ethiopic linebreak issue.L2/07-050 
110-A25Ken WhistlerMake linebreak changes for 7 characters.L2/07-050Done
110-A26Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #14 to reflect linebreak data changes for 7 characters.L2/07-050Done
110-A27Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeMake update to linebreak rule 12B with addition of ", HY" to the rule. In UAX #14 and text of the standard.L2/07-028Done
110-A28Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeIssue a proposed update for UAX #14. Done
110-A29Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for proposed update of UAX #14 when ready. Done
110-A30Mark DavisAdd U+00B7 Middle Dot to Other_ID_Continue in PropList.txt for Unicode 5.0.1.L2/07-033, L2/07-042Done
110-A30aMark DavisAdd text to PU UAX #31 regarding potential tailoring of U+00B7 for identifiers in certain contexts.  
110-A30bRick McGowanClose PRI #100. Done
110-A31Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a beta page and issue a PRI for beta Unicode 5.0.1, to close May 8, 2007. In progress
110-A32Ken Whistler, Eric MullerCreate new draft properties that support the determination of orthographic clusters in Indic scripts. In progress
110-A33Mark Davis, Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeProvide revised text for a new PRI on ZWJ/ZWNJ based on PRI #96 feedback, including the new Indic properties.L2/07-033, L2/07-043Done
110-A34Rick McGowanPost the PRI on ZWJ/ZWNJ based on PRI #96 feedback, to close May 8, 2007. Done
110-A35Eric MullerCreate a WG2 proposal, to include in 10646 a reference to the Adobe collection in the list of IVD submissions. Done
110-A36Rick McGowanExtend PRI #101 to May 8, 2007. Done
110-A37Eric MullerCreate a FAQ on the Greek mute iota representation and casing issues.L2/07-068In progress
110-A38Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UTR #25 and post. In progress
110-A39Rick McGowanClose PRI #75. Done
110-A40Asmus Freytag, Murray Sargent, Editorial CommitteeImplement the consensus on the disposition of UTR #25 data tables. In progress
110-A41Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post UTR #33. Done
110-A42Rick McGowanClose PRI #99. Done
110-A43Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteePublish an updated version of UTR #20. (Handed off draft to Rick.) Done
110-A43aRick McGowanOversee the final publication/release process for UTS #20 with W3C. In progress
110-A44Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeWithdraw UTS #40. (point to UTN) Done
110-A45Mark Davis, Michel SuignardAdd a section to UTR #36 that explains the implications of character and property stability.L2/07-074 
110-A46Eric MullerRespond to INCITS IDSP survey request about identity theft standards.L2/07-074Done
110-A47Eric MullerRespond to the letter from TC68 SC7.L2/07-025Done
110-A48Mark DavisCreate a document summarizing any remaining issues with ISO 4217.L2/07-025In progress
110-A49Rick McGowanRespond to Kent Karlsson to clarify his proposal re auxiliary character decompositions for HangulL2/06-310Done
110-A50Mark DavisExtend the Google room reservations for the May UTC meeting to 5 days. Done
110-A51Ken WhistlerAdd Avestan characters to pipeline.L2/07-006Done
110-A52Michael EversonSubmit revised Avestan proposal to WG2L2/07-006Done
110-A53Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeAdd annotation for 027F and 0285 to indicate preferred typography.L2/07-022Done
110-A54Lorna PriestSend font to Asmus for 027F and 0285L2/07-022 
110-A54aAsmus FreytagMake font change for 027F and 0285L2/07-022 
110-A55Ken WhistlerAdd Tay Viet characters to pipelineL2/07-039RDone
110-A56Jim Brase, Debbie AndersonRevise the Tay Viet proposal, taking various feedback into account. Resubmit to UTC and to WG2.L2/07-039RDone
110-A57Debbie AndersonEnsure that Asmus Freytag gets a Tay Viet font.L2/07-039RDone
110-A58Ken WhistlerAdd Meitei Mayek characters to the pipeline.L2/07-005Done
110-A59Michael EversonUpdate and resubmit revised Meitei Mayek proposal to UTC and WG2.L2/07-005Done
110-A60Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for Lanna (110-C33, 110-C34). Done
110-A61Michel SuignardAdd comments re Lanna additions and deletions to ballot comments on amd 4. Done
110-A62Michael EversonUpdate and resubmit revised Sinhala proposal with property changes.L2/07-002Done
110-A63Ken WhistlerAdd archaic Sinhala numbers to the pipeline.L2/07-002Done
110-A64Ken WhistlerAdd Bamum to the pipeline.L2/07-024Done
110-A65Michael EversonUpdate Bamum proposal section on names.L2/07-024Done
110-A66Michel SuignardAdd Bamum characters to WG2 input document, requesting addition for amd 4.L2/07-024Closed
110-A67Ken WhistlerAdd Cyrillic characters to the Pipeline.L2/07-003Done
110-A68Ken WhistlerUpdate Pipeline for some existing Cyrillic characters, noting name changes.L2/07-003Done
110-A69Michel SuignardAdd name and glyph changes for 2DE0 to 2DF5 to ballot comments for amd 4.L2/07-003Done
110-A70Michael EversonUpdate Cyrillic proposal with changes to reflect the UTC disposition, and resubmit to UTC and WG2.L2/07-003Done
110-A71Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeIssue a glyph erratum for 0478 and 0479L2/07-003Done
110-A72Michel Suignard, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeIssue a glyph erratum for 0460 and 047E (page 9 of revised proposal).L2/07-003In progress
110-A73Ken WhistlerAdd math symbols to Pipeline.L2/07-011RDone
110-A74Asmus FreytagUpdate math symbols proposal and forward to WG2.L2/07-011RDone
110-A75Ken WhistlerAdd 16 medievalist punctuation characters to Pipeline.L2/07-004Done
110-A76Michael EversonUpdate medievalist punctuation proposal with suggested name changes and add ring point at 2E38.L2/07-004Done
110-A77Michael Everson, Debbie AndersonCreate a new proposal for medievalist punctuation focussed only on positura and related punctuation, taking into account various input.L2/07-004 
110-A78Ken WhistlerAdd 4 half brackets to Pipeline.L2/07-004Done
110-A79Ken WhistlerUpdate names list with annotations consistent with acceptance of the half brackets.L2/07-004Done
110-A80Ken WhistlerUpdate names list with annotations regarding the Cyrillic glyph changes.L2/07-003Done
110-A81Rick McGowanRespond to author of I LONGA proposal.L2/07-032Done
110-A82Ken WhistlerAdd 7 CJK ideographs to the PipelineL2/07-067Done
110-A83Michel SuignardAdd 7 CJK ideographs to ballot comments for amd 4.L2/07-067Done
110-A84Eric MullerSend revised document L2/07-067 to Mike Ksar for WG2.L2/07-067Done
110-A85Eric MullerGather and submit Unihan.txt data for the 7 new CJK ideographs.L2/07-067Done
110-A86Rick McGowan, Debbie AndersonFollow up on Rumi with Lazrek and other scholars.L2/06-291In progress
110-A87Ken WhistlerAdd 0972 DEVANAGARI LETTER CANDRA A to Pipeline.L2/07-027Done
110-A88Michel SuignardAdd 0972 DEVANAGARI LETTER CANDRA A to ballot comments for amd 3.L2/07-027Done
110-A89Peter ConstableAdd proposal summary form to L2/07-027, update, and submit to WG2.L2/07-027Done
110-A90John JenkinsUpdate L2/07-010 with feedback from Ken's document, and submit to WG2.L2/07-010Done
110-A91Michael Kaplan, Michel SuignardPrepare a demo of Microsoft's support for complex jamos for Old Hangul. Done
110-A92Mark Davis, Ken WhistlerMake changes to various properties, based on canonical checking results.L2/07-071In progress
110-A93Eric MullerForward comments regarding CD 19757-7 on behalf of L2. by 2007-02-21.L2/06-397, L2/07-052Done
110-A94Mark DavisRespond favorably to the governments of India and Kerala regarding their letters of support for the Malayalam chillus.  
110-A95Cibu Johny, Mark Davis, Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeCreate text and background material for Malayalam in the 5.0.1 beta. In progress
110-A96Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeDraft a response to the contributors who reported on the results of the recent conference in Kerala, and to people who contributed PRI #96 feedback. Done
110-A97Lisa MoorePush all significant agenda items which haven't been covered to the next UTC agenda. Done
110-A98Rick McGowan, Ken WhistlerMake determination of the rest of the properties for all the new characters add at this UTC meeting, and bring proposal back to next UTC meeting.  
110-A99Rick McGowanMake up a set of questions for determining character properties, particularly punctuation. (Cf. 110-A098) Done
110-A100Rick McGowanRespond to the authors of L2/06-392 and provide feedback about script identity issues. (before April WG2 meeting) (done by Debbie Anderson)L2/06-392Done

From UTC #109 and L2 #206

Action Who Description Documents Status
109-A7Swaran LataRecheck items in document L2/06-372 and come back to UTC with results.L2/06-372 
109-A18Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeImplement Consensus 109-C13, to preserve canonical equivalence by adding property values where necessary. (In particular, DerivedNumericValues.txt.)L2/06-378In progress
109-A24Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview and respond to Sidhu on issue raised in L2/06-111.L2/06-111 
109-A25Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeMake editorial updates to UTS #22 based on L2/06-302 and create a proposed update.L2/06-302In progress
109-A26Rick McGowanPost a PRI for PU UTS #22, to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A27Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeCreate proposed update UTR #36 and UTS #39 and draft updated data tables.  
109-A28Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTR #36 to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A29Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTS #39 to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A40John JenkinsSubmit the characters in L2/06-365, minus the Wenlin variants, to be registered as a variant collection.L2/06-365In progress
109-A45Mark DavisProvide source files as part of UTS #39 that alow XID_Modifications to be derived from existing Unicode properties plus distinguished exceptions. In progress
109-A46Mark DavisPropose a resolution of properties for the characters U+0374, U+0387, U+1FEF, U+1FFD.L2/06-386In progress
109-A65Michel Suignard, Mark DavisAdd the 4 Qur'anic Arabic characters in L2/06-358 to the list of confusables.L2/06-358In progress
109-A73Swaran LataEngage in more discussion of L2/06-373 in India and return to UTC with the results.L2/06-373 
109-A75Swaran LataInvestigate cillaksharams YA and TA as discussed in documents L2/06-337 and L2/06-343.L2/06-337, L2/06-343 
109-A78Swaran LataInvestigate 18 characters for Telugu listed in L2/06-267.L2/06-267 
109-A79Eric MullerIn preparing the UTR on Indic issues, consider L2/06-334 and add to Telugu discussion of alternate forms of "R" analogous to Gurmukhi. In progress

From UTC #108 and L2 #205

Action Who Description Documents Status
108-A2Lisa Moore, Editorial CommitteeCreate an FAQ on the Arabic model, based on L2/06-240L2/06-240In progress
108-A5Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the documentation of modifier letters in the text of the standard, in UAX #31, and in UAX #29. (See 2007-02-14 email from Asmus)L2/06-242, L2/06-243In progress
108-A6Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteePropose appropriate text and pointers in UCD.html to clarify the meaning and usage of general category values. (Taken by Ken from Asmus.)  
108-A7Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UCD.html as appropriate, based on outcome of action items 108-A005, 108-A006 by Ken.  
108-A20Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeAdd FAQs on issues raised in nextsteps doc. (On hold pending resolution of IDNA drafts.)L2/06-263, L2/06-264 
108-A22Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeProduce a proposed update of UTS #10 with consensus changes re parameterization, and post for public review.L2/06-254 
108-A23Rick McGowanPost a PRI for proposed update for UTS #10 when ready, to close Oct 31, 2006.  
108-A25Ken WhistlerMake DUCET table changes related to consensus 108-C11 (tatweel + accent, l-dot contractions) in the next dot version of the UCA.L2/06-273 
108-A26Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeMake the clarifications related to consensus 108-C11 in the proposed update to UCA. (case folding and compatibility equivalents)L2/06-273 
108-A29Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeProvide recommendations for how to restructure UTS #10 and UAX #15 for clarity.  
108-A36Eric Muller, Peter ConstableUpdate Indic block descriptions as appropriate for post 5.0.L2/06-225 
108-A37Michael EversonLook at old Bantu phonetic click proposal L2/04-232 and feedback documents and make a new proposal (if he wants to pursue it).L2/04-232, L2/06-290, L2/06-293 
108-A40Eric MullerRespond to Sidhu on L2/06-233. Proposal is not actionable as is. Follow up and try to make the proposal clearer.L2/06-233 
108-A73Mark DavisDraft a web page describing the representation of sequences as entities.L2/06-251 

From UTC #107 and L2 #204

Action Who Description Documents Status
107-A123Richard CookVerify the proposed additions in L2/06-212 and L2/06-147.L2/06-212, L2/06-147 
107-A131Swaran LataTake feedback on the Vedic proposal and submit a revised proposal for May 2007 UTC meeting.L2/06-185In progress

From UTC #106 and L2 #203

Action Who Description Documents Status
106-A7Michael Kaplan Provide examples of well-formed character proposals to V S Umamaheswaran for inclusion in the WG2 Principles and Procedures. In progress
106-A28Ken WhistlerTake Section E of L2/06-030 (Udaat) into account when creating DUCET for a future version of the UCA.L2/06-030 
106-A54Eric Muller, Marcus Scherer, Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for documenting the special casing conditions in the UCD.L2/06-067In progress

From UTC #105 and L2 #202

Action Who Description Documents Status
105-A58Lisa Moore, Ken WhistlerPursue the Sindhi hamza issues with the Arabic experts on the bidi committee.L2/05-251In progress
105-A84Rick McGowanUpdate the publication workflow document with the authorization to issue proposed updates for editorial changes and PRIs and the refreshing of drafts. (Asmus to hand off files to Rick.) In progress

From UTC #104 and L2 #201

Action Who Description Documents Status
104-A5Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for a machine-readable list of metaproperties.L2/05-168In progress

From UTC #103 and L2 #200

Action Who Description Documents Status
103-A6Asmus Freytag, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a chart for Named Sequences in the "charts/" section of the Unicode website, for review by UTC. In progress
103-A8Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeProvide documentation for the last resort font. In progress
103-A62Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIssue a proposed update to UTS #18 (document revision 12) that addresses the issue in L2/05-121.L2/05-121In progress
103-A63Rick McGowanAfter UTS #18 is ready, post a PRI on UTS #18 to close May 9, 2006.L2/05-121 

From UTC #101 and L2 #198

Action Who Description Documents Status
101-A62Richard Cook, Rick McGowanProof the Pinyin readings and mapping data for the approximately 14000 ideographic characters from the XHC source and supply info to John Jenkins to update the Unihan database. In progress
101-A63John JenkinsUpdate the Unihan database with the new field from XHC source readings, and document the new field.  

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model after Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress
100-A55Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeMake an XML version of the UCD available. Part of the plan for roll-out includes public review of the schema. Issue a PRI when ready.L2/04-220In progress
100-A68Asmus Freytag, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTS #30: Character Foldings and post as UTS #30. [Ready for final review]L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325In progress