L2/UTC Open Action Items

Auto generated on: October 13, 2007 at 13:11:28

From UTC #112 and L2 #209

Action Who Description Documents Status
112-A1Rick McGowanExtend the review date for PRI #102 to October 10, 2007. Done
112-A2Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate the text of L2/07-209R into PU UAX #14.L2/07-209RDone
112-A3Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate Ken Whistler's feedback from L2/07-250 into PU UAX #14.L2/07-250Done
112-A4Rick McGowanExtend the review date for PRI #105 to October 10, 2007. Done
112-A5Ken WhistlerUpdate PU UAX #24 according to 112-C1, based on PRI #107 and L2/07-249.L2/07-249Done
112-A6Rick McGowanClose PRI #107.L2/07-249Done
112-A7Mark Davis, Markus SchererPrepare a proposal for clarifying how regex should deal with matching Unicode sets.L2/07-250Done
112-A8Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate PU UAX #31 to reflect 112-C2, to allow ZWJ/ZWNJ in identifiers without reference to script. Done
112-A9Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UTR #36 to reflect 112-C2; move the text about restrictions on ZWJ/ZWNJ to UTR #36 from UAX #31.  
112-A10Rick McGowanRespond to Daniel Yacob re L2/07-194. No action taken.L2/07-194Done
112-A11Mark DavisChange the wordbreak property of U+2018 to Midletter in WordbreakProperty.txt  
112-A11aMark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Table 3 in UAX #29 re U+2018 change to Midletter, for Unicode 5.1.0. Done
112-A12Rick McGowanReply to Philippe Verdy re his proposal in L2/07-250.L2/07-250Done
112-A13Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd info from 112-C4 regarding extended base character and extended CCS to update of UAX #29. Done
112-A14Michel SuignardAdd comment to accep the removal of 67 CJK characters from CJK Extension C in PDAM 5, and request reordering contiguously.L2/07-245Done
112-A15Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline re removal of 67 CJK characters from CJK Extension C. Closed
112-A16John JenkinsConvey to Dr. Lu and the IRG the request to re-encode CJK Ext C after removal of 67 characters as per L2/07-245.L2/07-245 
112-A17Michel SuignardAdd comment that UTC supports glyph changes for 14 CJK characters to ballot comments for PDAM 5. Done
112-A18Ken WhistlerAdd names list annotation for U+0D7C as MALAYALAM LETTER CHILLU RR and U+0D7D as MALAYALAM LETTER CHILLU L.  
112-A19Cibu Johny Provide other independent evidence for Malayalam chillu ya.  
112-A20Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for revised approval of North Indian number forms.L2/07-238Done
112-A21Debbie Anderson, Anshuman PandeyUpdate L2/07-238 with updated proposal summary form, based on 112-C6, forward to WG2, and submit font to the editor.L2/07-238Done
112-A22Michel SuignardAdd North Indian number forms, 112-C6, to request to WG2 for encoding in Amd 5 or a future amendment.L2/07-238Done
112-A23Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for U+09FB BENGALI GANDA MARKL2/07-192Done
112-A24Michel SuignardAdd U+09FB BENGALI GANDA MARK to request to WG2 for encoding in Amd 5 or a future amendment. 112-C7L2/07-192Done
112-A25Debbie Anderson, Anshuman PandeyUpdate L2/07-192 with corrections, add updated proposal summary form based on 112-C7, forward to WG2, and submit font to the editor.L/07-192 
112-A26Ken WhistlerAdd annotation to the effect that U+02BC MODIFIER LETTER APOSTROPHE is appropriate for uses described in L2/06-373.L2/06-373Done
112-A27Swaran LataProvide draft update to section of Devanagari block description to cover U+02BC MODIFIER LETTER APOSTROPHE as appropriate for uses described in L2/06-373.L2/06-373 
112-A28Eric MullerInform South Asian subcommittee email list of consensus 112-C8 re Tamil issues.L2/07-272Done
112-A29Mark DavisRespond to the Ministry of Gov't India and Tamil Nadu, correcting the Tamil report re the last UTC meeting. Done
112-A30Debbie Anderson, Anshuman PandeyRevise the Kaithi document L2/07-199 and resubmit for next UTC meeting.L2/07-199In progress
112-A31Mark DavisUpdate PropList.txt per 112-C9 with new Other_Math characters from L2/07-261.L2/07-261 
112-A32Ken WhistlerUpdate ArabicShaping.txt with new joining group Burushashki Yeh Barree, for U+077A and U+077B, with dual joining type. 112-C10. Also Chapter 8 update. (UCD part done.)L2/06-149, L2/07-264In progress
112-A33Lisa MooreAdd B.14.2 topic to agenda for next UTC meeting.  
112-A34Mark DavisEvaluate the proposal L2/07-202 on script consistency issue with Greek accents before next UTC meeting (Oct. 2007)L2/07-202 
112-A35Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate corrigendum #6 re fix for Bidi_Mirrored propery. Done
112-A36Ken Whistler, Mark DavisUpdate UnicodeData.txt, DerivedBinaryProperties.txt, and BidiMirroring.txt in the beta directory ASAP, for Corrigendum #6. Done
112-A37Michel SuignardAdd the change in Bidi_Mirrored property values, 112-C11, to ballot comments on Amd. 4. Done
112-A38Ken WhistlerTake recommendations for joining type in L2/07-221 into account when creating the data files for repertoire added in Amd. 4.L2/07-221 
112-A39Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for Tangut. Done
112-A40Richard CookForward Tangut proposal L2/07-143, L2/07-229 and other docs to WG2 for next meeting.L2/07-143, L2/07-229Done
112-A41Michel SuignardAdd ballot comment on the changed positions of Myanmar characters shown in blue in L2/07-205 for Amd 4. Done
112-A42Michel SuignardAdd ballot comment on changed name of MYANMAR SHAN COUNCIL TONE 4 to MYANMAR SHAN COUNCIL TONE 3, Amd 4. Done
112-A43Michel SuignardAdd Shan characters, as shown in yellow in L2/07-205, to list of characters requested for future amendment.  Done
112-A44Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for Shan changes. Done
112-A45Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for Imperial Aramaic. Done
112-A46Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for 2 Phoenician numbers Done
112-A47Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for Inscriptional Parthian and Inscriptional Pahlavi. Done
112-A48Rick McGowanRelay feedback from scripts subcommittee to Michael Everson re Psalter Pahlavi.L2/07-207Done
112-A49Peter ConstableRelay input to WG2 that Samaritan is not ready for encoding.L2/07-231 
112-A50Rick McGowanOpen discussion on unicore list re architectural issues with Samaritan that require feedback. Done
112-A51Michel SuignardAdd request to remove Bamum to ballot comments on Amd 5 Done
112-A52Debbie AndersonForward L2/07-239 (Request to remove Bamum) to WG2 for consideration at their next meeting.L2/07-239Done
112-A53Peter ConstableRelay input to WG2 that Uyghur Orkhun, WG2 N3258, is not read for addition to a ballot.WG2 N3258Done
112-A54Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for U+2E37 WORD SEPARATOR MIDDLE DOT Done
112-A55Michel SuignardAdd to comments on Avestan (Amd 4) to move U+10B38 to U+2E37, as WORD SEPARATOR MIDDLE DOT. Done
112-A56Lisa MooreAdd C.4 and C.4.1 topics to agenda for next UTC meeting.  

From UTC #111 and L2 #208

Action Who Description Documents Status
111-A5Michel SuignardUpdate idnaprep based on PRI #96 feedback and re-post to the IDNA Update list.L2/07-073R 
111-A6Bharat BhushanCome up with a set of scripts requiring ZWJ/ZWNJ, within 1 month of this UTC meeting.PRI #96In progress
111-A13Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeNote the potential for security exploits related to UTF-8 conversion of ill-formed sequences in UTR #36.L2/07-116  
111-A16Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeOversee updating all the PU UAX's from 5.0.1 to 5.1.0.  In progress
111-A22Andy HeningerContact Elika Etemad and Paul Nelson and get a justification for change to LB algorithm to allow tailoring of LB before space. Post result to UTC to consider. In progress
111-A27Peter ConstableCommunicate request (Consensus 111-C12) to have IDS sequences published as part of 10646, to WG2. In progress
111-A28John JenkinsPrepare WD of PDUTR on U-source data for CJK ideographs, including the current U0 sources. In progress
111-A30John Jenkins, Editorial CommitteeUpdate draft UTR #38 boilerplate to indicate its change to draft UAX status. Post draft.  
111-A32Rick McGowanOpen a new PRI for the draft UAX #38, to close July 30, 2007.  
111-A33Michel SuignardRequest in U.S. ballot comments the addition of the Adobe Japan IVD submission for Amendment 4 for 10646.  
111-A34Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeCreate a WD of a PU UTS #37 for the next UTC meeting. Clarify when variation sequences are apropriate.  
111-A36Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeWork on L2/07-115 to incorporate it into the website in the Submitting Proposals area. Provide feedback to Uma on WG2 proposal summary form.L2/07-115In progress
111-A37Mark DavisUpdate PropertyValueAliases.txt and UCD.html re trinary properties.L2/07-135 
111-A38Debbie AndersonMake an estimate of the number of modern scripts yet to be encoded and number of characters involved in each. Post to doc register. In progress
111-A56Lee CollinsDocument guidelines for interoperability between the Unicode Egyptian hieroglyphs and Manuel de Codage. In progress
111-A57Mark DavisProvide a document clarifying the need for tailoring in casing operations, especially in regards to sharp s. (no specific doc) (email 2007-10-12) In progress
111-A58Debbie AndersonWork with Azzeddine Lazred and Rosa Comes to improve the Rumi proposal and get a Rumi font.L2/07-155In progress
111-A60Rick McGowanWorking with Dr. Durrani, make an alternative nuqta proposal, to add spacing characters. K. Mansour, Ken, Mark to review.L2/07-039R, L2/07-174 
111-A63Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate L2/07-129 (with code points provided by Cibu) into beta documentation for 5.1.0. (for review by South Asian subcommittee)L2/07-129 
111-A65Ken Whistler, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeDocument the font change for U+03E7 in Unicode 5.1.0.  
111-A66Bharat BhushanContact Peter Scharf and Michael Everson, and come up with revised, single Vedic proposal.L2/07-185, L2/07-095RIn progress

From UTC #110 and L2 #207

Action Who Description Documents Status
110-A3Mark DavisUpdate Scripts.txt, changing the script property of all the characters in L2/06-399 with Katakana parts to Katakana script. Highlight this change in the Unicode 5.0.1 beta. (done except for docs)L2/06-399In progress
110-A6Mark DavisAdd an invariant test to tools, asserting (sc=XX) === (gc = [Cn, Co])L2/07-026In progress
110-A8John JenkinsFix the regex in Unihan.html and Unihan.txt per section 1.1 of document L2/07-026.L2/07-026In progress
110-A12Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeDocument Consensus 110-C7 regarding conventions for booleans in UCD.html and in PropertyValueAliases.txt. Item #4. (UCD.html portion done)L2/07-026In progress
110-A13aMark Davis, Editorial CommitteeDocument the decomposition mapping for Hangul syllables in Unicode 5.1.0 text. See Consensus 110-C8. (2007-10-12 email)L2/07-026In progress
110-A19Mark DavisDocument in UCD.html what happens when an explicit value is not provided for the foldings and mappings listed in item #10 of L2/07-026R, except for special casing conditions.L2/07-026In progress
110-A22Mark DavisRemove scc from PropertyAliases.txt and UCD.html. Add appropriate commentary in CaseFolding.txt and SpecialCasing.txt.L2/07-026In progress
110-A24Asmus Freytag, Andy Henninger, Editorial CommitteeCreate a PRI on the Ethiopic linebreak issue.L2/07-050 
110-A31Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a beta page and issue a PRI for beta Unicode 5.1.0, to close ???, 2007. (Updated from 5.0.1.) In progress
110-A32Ken Whistler, Eric MullerCreate new draft properties that support the determination of orthographic clusters in Indic scripts. In progress
110-A40Asmus Freytag, Murray Sargent, Editorial CommitteeImplement the consensus on the disposition of UTR #25 data tables. In progress
110-A45Mark Davis, Michel SuignardAdd a section to UTR #36 that explains the implications of character and property stability.L2/07-074 
110-A48Mark DavisCreate a document summarizing any remaining issues with ISO 4217.L2/07-025In progress
110-A77Michael Everson, Debbie AndersonCreate a new proposal for medievalist punctuation focussed only on positura and related punctuation, taking into account various input.L2/07-004 
110-A92Mark Davis, Ken WhistlerMake changes to various properties, based on canonical checking results.L2/07-071In progress
110-A98Debbie Anderson, Rick McGowanMake determination of the rest of the properties for all the new characters added at this UTC meeting, and bring proposal back to next UTC meeting.  

From UTC #109 and L2 #206

Action Who Description Documents Status
109-A7Bharat BhushanRecheck items in document L2/06-372 and come back to UTC with results.L2/06-372In progress
109-A18Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeImplement Consensus 109-C13, to preserve canonical equivalence by adding property values where necessary. (In particular, DerivedNumericValues.txt.)L2/06-378In progress
109-A24Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview and respond to Sidhu on issue raised in L2/06-111.L2/06-111 
109-A25Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeMake editorial updates to UTS #22 based on L2/06-302 and create a proposed update. (waiting feedback from Mark Davis and Frank Ellermann)L2/06-302In progress
109-A26Rick McGowanPost a PRI for PU UTS #22, to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A27Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeCreate proposed update UTR #36 and UTS #39 and draft updated data tables.  
109-A28Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTR #36 to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A29Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTS #39 to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A40John JenkinsSubmit the characters in L2/06-365, minus the Wenlin variants, to be registered as a variant collection.L2/06-365In progress
109-A45Mark DavisProvide source files as part of UTS #39 that allow XID_Modifications to be derived from existing Unicode properties plus distinguished exceptions. In progress
109-A65Michel Suignard, Mark DavisAdd the 4 Qur'anic Arabic characters in L2/06-358 to the list of confusables.L2/06-358In progress
109-A75Bharat BhushanInvestigate cillaksharams YA and TA as discussed in documents L2/06-337 and L2/06-343.L2/06-337, L2/06-343 
109-A78Bharat BhushanInvestigate 18 characters for Telugu listed in L2/06-267.L2/06-267 
109-A79Eric MullerIn preparing the UTR on Indic issues, consider L2/06-334 and add to Telugu discussion of alternate forms of "R" analogous to Gurmukhi. In progress

From UTC #108 and L2 #205

Action Who Description Documents Status
108-A5Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the documentation of modifier letters in the text of the standard, in UAX #31, and in UAX #29. (See 2007-02-14 email from Asmus) (See 2007-09-06 draft from Ken.)L2/06-242, L2/06-243In progress
108-A20Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeAdd FAQs on issues raised in nextsteps doc. (On hold pending resolution of IDNA drafts.)L2/06-263, L2/06-264 
108-A29Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeProvide recommendations for how to restructure UTS #10 and UAX #15 for clarity.  
108-A36Eric Muller, Peter ConstableUpdate Indic block descriptions as appropriate for post 5.0.L2/06-225 
108-A40Eric MullerRespond to Sidhu on L2/06-233. Proposal is not actionable as is. Follow up and try to make the proposal clearer.L2/06-233 
108-A73Rick McGowan, Ken WhistlerDraft a web page describing the representation of sequences as entities.L2/06-251 

From UTC #106 and L2 #203

Action Who Description Documents Status
106-A28Ken WhistlerTake Section E of L2/06-030 (Udaat) into account when creating DUCET for a future version of the UCA.L2/06-030 
106-A54Markus Scherer, Eric Muller, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeCreate a proposal for documenting the special casing conditions in the UCD.L2/06-067In progress

From UTC #105 and L2 #202

Action Who Description Documents Status
105-A58Lisa Moore, Ken WhistlerPursue the Sindhi hamza issues with the Arabic experts on the bidi committee.L2/05-251In progress

From UTC #104 and L2 #201

Action Who Description Documents Status
104-A5Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for a machine-readable list of metaproperties.L2/05-168In progress

From UTC #103 and L2 #200

Action Who Description Documents Status
103-A8Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeProvide documentation for the last resort font. In progress

From UTC #101 and L2 #198

Action Who Description Documents Status
101-A62Richard Cook, Rick McGowanProof the Pinyin readings and mapping data for the approximately 14000 ideographic characters from the XHC source and supply info to John Jenkins to update the Unihan database. In progress
101-A63John JenkinsUpdate the Unihan database with the new field from XHC source readings, and document the new field.  

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model after Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress
100-A68Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTS #30: Character Foldings and post as UTS #30. [Ready for final review]L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325In progress