L2/UTC Open Action Items

Auto generated on: January 29, 2008 at 19:05:24

From UTC #113 and L2 #210

Action Who Description Documents Status
113-A1Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeIncorporate comments from Martin Duerst into a new draft of PU UAX #15.L2/07-369Done
113-A2Rick McGowanReset all of the dates on open UAX PRIs to January 28, 2008. Done
113-A3Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #29 and reissue PU UAX #29 for public review.L2/07-383Done
113-A4Ken WhistlerUpdate Pipeline for four phonetic characters.L2/07-334RDone
113-A5Lorna PriestUpdate L2/07-334R and forward to WG2; ensure chart editor has a font.L2/07-334R 
113-A6Richard CookSubmit his previous feedback document on N?hu as an L2/UTC document.  
113-A7Debbie AndersonFollow up with authors of L2/07-371; submit the followup document to L2 and WG2.L2/07-371 
113-A8Adrian CheukPrepare a document discussing what are the representations for numbers in the proposed Old Lisu encoding.  
113-A9Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeWrite an updated section of text on stateful format controls for Unicode 5.1; modify text on language tags in section 16.9 of TUS.L2/07-341Done
113-A10Mark DavisUpdate PropList.txt to deprecate the language tag characters.L2/07-341Done
113-A11Cibu JohnyIncorporate the results of the UTC discussion of L2/07-393, calling out the alternative as an issue for comment. Add to draft documentation for Unicode 5.1 beta.L2/07-393Done
113-A12Michel Suignard, Symbols SCFinish the proposal on Japanese television symbols and submit doc.  
113-A13Eric Muller, Ken Whistler, Rick McGowanForward a revised version of L2/07-333 to IRG and request they provide recommendation on whether these are unifiable or notL2/07-333Done
113-A14Eric MullerDraft ballot comments on representing the 4 compatibility ideographs in L2/07-387 with VS, by the next UTC meeting.L2/07-387 
113-A15Rick McGowanCommunicate to Michael Everson about the glyph change to Oghan Space. OG SPL2/07-392, L2/07-340Done
113-A16Michel SuignardTake the glyph erratum for Ogham Space to WG2.L2/07-392, L2/07-340 
113-A17Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate a glyph erratum for Ogham Space  
113-A18Ken WhistlerUpdate NamesList with annotation for Ogham Space.L2/07-392, L2/07-340Done
113-A19Andy Heninger, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeAdd material based on section 2 of L2/07-340, as elaborated in discussion, to PU UAX #14.L2/07-340Done
113-A20Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd informative material re use of XCCS and default grapheme clusters in PU UAX #29.L2/07-389Done
113-A21Ken WhistlerAdd named sequences in L2/07-331 to NamedSequencesProv.txt for Unicode 5.1L2/07-331Done
113-A22Ken WhistlerMove the Lithuanian sequences from NamedSequencesProv.txt for 5.0.0 to NamedSequences.txt in Unicode 5.1. Done
113-A23Ken WhistlerRemove TAMIL LETTER KSSA and TAMIL LETTER SHRI from NamedSequencesProv.txt for Unicode 5.1 Done
113-A24Eric MullerInform the South Asian SC of consensus 113-C5 and AI 113-A23 regarding Tamil in NamedSequencesProv.txt for Unicode 5.1. Done
113-A25Mark DavisUpdate property files for UAX #29 with changes as in consensus 113-C6; update PropertyValueAliases.txt for Unicode 5.1.L2/07-398Done
113-A26Peter EdbergGather the list of characters for the new property value SContinue for the Sentence Break property; forward to Mark Davis. See Consensus 113-C7.L2/07-399Done
113-A27Mark DavisIncorporate the new SContinue property value into the Sentence Break property; update PropertyValueAliases.txt for Unicode 5.1.L2/07-399Done
113-A28Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeMake relevant changes to PU UAX #29 to incorporate the new SContinue property for Unicode 5.1.L2/07-399Done
113-A29Rick McGowanRespond to Naga Ganesan with thanks for the input on PRI #104. Done
113-A30Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #31 to add note in consensus 113-C8 (and related changes as discussed) Done
113-A31Ken WhistlerUpdate Pipeline to reflect all changes accepted from the WG2 consent docket.L2/07-322Done
113-A32Rick McGowan, Richard Cook Work with IRG to ensure that chart production issues are resolved for Ext C, and to resolve the KangXi mapping discrepancies.  
113-A33Ken WhistlerUpdate the Pipeline for the CJK Ext C status.L2/07-321Done
113-A34Debbie Anderson, Ken WhistlerDraft a rationale for using a generic middle dot for the Avestan Separator Dot. In progress
113-A35Mark DavisVerify that the script property value is correct for the 5 Greek characters 1FC1, 1FED..1FEF and 1FFD.L2/07-202Done
113-A36Mark DavisLook at the script property status of 1FC1, 1FED..1FEF and 1FFD, plus 1FBF, 1FC0, 1FFE after Unicode 5.1.L2/07-202 
113-A37Rick McGowanCheck, and correct if necessary, the UTC-8 sample code on the website (ConvertUTF.c) for handling of ill-formed UTF-8 sequences.L2/07-351 
113-A38Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeAdd to the 5.1.0 page additional text on ill-formed UTF-8 code sequences.L2/07-351Done
113-A39Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeInclude language from L2/07-368 on special casing in Unicode 5.1.0.L2/07-368Done
113-A40Debbie Anderson, Editorial CommitteeProduce a document that describes Unicode's policy on encoding dandas. In progress
113-A41Mark DavisUpdate Scripts.txt to reflect Consensus 113-C18. 0951..0952 > Inherited; 0CF1..0CF2 > Common.L2/07-343Done
113-A42Ken WhistlerAnnotate the names list for 0951..0952 and 0CF1..0CF2, re script usage.L2/07-343Done
113-A43Eric MullerLead discussion on South Asian list of prsthramatra e. 2.1 of L2/07-343 versus section 9 of L2/07-230.L2/07-230, L2/07-343In progress
113-A44Ken WhistlerUpdate the Pipeline for reflect addition of 19 characters for Vedic support, from Consensus 113-C19.L2/07-343Done
113-A45Eric MullerBring up the open questions on Vedic to identify differences and drive to conclusion by Feb 4, 2008 for next UTC. On South Asian list.L2/07-343, L2/07-396In progress
113-A46Eric MullerInform Gov't of India about the agreement to encode some characters with no substantive difference between proposals; other items (see minutes)L2/07-343, L2/07-396In progress
113-A47Cibu Johny, Mark Davis , Editorial CommitteePrepare 5.1 text explaining the use of Malayalam chillus, based on Consensus 113-C20.L2/07-402Done
113-A48Cibu Johny, Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeProvide documentation on representing the visuals and 3 possible models for Table 3 of L2/07-402, as in Consensus 113-C21.L2/07-402Done
113-A49Lisa MooreCarry forward agenda items C.2, C.10.2 and C.13.1 to next UTC meeting. In progress
113-A50Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeDrive the changes to titles of UAXs, as in Consensus 113-C22. In progress
113-A51Mark Davis, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeCreate proposed draft UAX #44 "Unicode Character Database"L2/07-338Done
113-A52Rick McGowanPost a PRI for PD UAX #44, to close January 28, 2008. Done
113-A53Mark DavisGenerate text files for LineBreak for Unicode 5.1.0 [done]; clean up intro in HTML file [done] ; note info is not normative [done].L2/07-337Done
113-A53aMark DavisLook for more illustrative ordering of rows and columns for LineBreak HTML test files. (after Unicode 5.1.0)  
113-A54Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeAdd section in UAX #14 comparable to section 7 "Testing" in UAX #29. Done
113-A55Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeWhen appropriate, follow the recommendation in L2/07-384 to use representative characters instead of complete lists in UAX #14.L2/07-384 
113-A56Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeUpdate PD UTR #42 to reflect Consensus 113-C25; draft text for a PRI. Done
113-A57Rick McGowanPost PRI for Draft UAX #42 when ready, to close January 28, 2008. Done
113-A58Eric MullerProvide an updated XML derived file for submission into the Unicode 5.1 UCD. In progress
113-A59Rick McGowanChange the text of Unicode 5.1.0 to reference UAX #42 and UAX #44. Done
113-A60Mark Davis, Ken WhistlerUpdate UAX #44 to reference UAX #42 and clarify their relationship. Done
113-A61Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeCome up with a better term than "Separators" for Section 5.5 of UAX #9, and make it section 5.6. Post update. Done
113-A62Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeMake clear in PRIs what the closing dates really mean for particular items. In progress
113-A63Rick McGowanExtend the PRI review date of UTS #10 to January 28, 2008. Done
113-A64Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeStart the Unicode 5.1.0 beta review. Done
113-A65Mark Davis, Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeMake the changes to PU UTS #18 given in L2/07-349, and post up.L2/07-349 
113-A66Rick McGowanExtend the PRI review date of UTS #18 to January 28, 2008. Done
113-A67Mark Davis, Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeAdd information on alternative uses of "\N" to UTS #18.L2/07-350 
113-A68Rick McGowanRespond to those who submitted PRI comments on UTS #18, to acknowledge feedback.L2/07-350 
113-A69Rick McGowanRespond to authors of other public feedback. L2/07-350Done
113-A70Rick McGowanWhen UTR #20 is next touched, fix the typo re "grave and accent"L2/07-350 
113-A71Michael Everson, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeReview consensus and action lists from this UTC meeting and prepare the list of necessary chart work and instructions. In progress

From UTC #112 and L2 #209

Action Who Description Documents Status
112-A19Cibu Johny Provide other independent evidence for Malayalam chillu ya.  
112-A27Swaran LataProvide draft update to section of Devanagari block description to cover U+02BC MODIFIER LETTER APOSTROPHE as appropriate for uses described in L2/06-373.L2/06-373 

From UTC #111 and L2 #208

Action Who Description Documents Status
111-A5Michel SuignardUpdate idnaprep based on PRI #96 feedback and re-post to the IDNA Update list.L2/07-073R 
111-A6Bharat BhushanCome up with a set of scripts requiring ZWJ/ZWNJ, within 1 month of this UTC meeting.PRI #96In progress
111-A27Peter ConstableCommunicate request (Consensus 111-C12) to have IDS sequences published as part of 10646, to WG2. (email sent 2007-10-24) In progress
111-A28John JenkinsPrepare WD of PDUTR on U-source data for CJK ideographs, including the current U0 sources. In progress
111-A34Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeCreate a WD of a PU UTS #37 for the next UTC meeting. Clarify when variation sequences are apropriate.  
111-A36Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeWork on L2/07-115 to incorporate it into the website in the Submitting Proposals area. Provide feedback to Uma on WG2 proposal summary form.L2/07-115In progress
111-A38Debbie AndersonMake an estimate of the number of modern scripts yet to be encoded and number of characters involved in each. Post to doc register. In progress
111-A56Lee CollinsDocument guidelines for interoperability between the Unicode Egyptian hieroglyphs and Manuel de Codage. In progress
111-A60Rick McGowanWorking with Dr. Durrani, make an alternative nuqta proposal, to add spacing characters. K. Mansour, Ken, Mark to review.L2/07-039R, L2/07-174 
111-A66Bharat BhushanContact Peter Scharf and Michael Everson, and come up with revised, single Vedic proposal.L2/07-185, L2/07-095RIn progress

From UTC #110 and L2 #207

Action Who Description Documents Status
110-A6Mark DavisAdd an invariant test to tools, asserting (sc=XX) === (gc = [Cn, Co])L2/07-026In progress
110-A19Mark DavisDocument in UCD.html what happens when an explicit value is not provided for the foldings and mappings listed in item #10 of L2/07-026R, except for special casing conditions.L2/07-026In progress
110-A19aMark DavisMake changes to blk and dt values as specified in items #8 and #9 of L2/07-026R. (AI not recorded in minutes)L2/07-026In progress
110-A24Asmus Freytag, Andy Henninger, Editorial CommitteeCreate a PRI on the Ethiopic linebreak issue.L2/07-050 
110-A32Ken Whistler, Eric MullerCreate new draft properties that support the determination of orthographic clusters in Indic scripts. In progress
110-A40Asmus Freytag, Murray Sargent, Editorial CommitteeImplement the consensus on the disposition of UTR #25 data tables. In progress
110-A48Mark DavisCreate a document summarizing any remaining issues with ISO 4217.L2/07-025In progress
110-A77Michael Everson, Debbie AndersonCreate a new proposal for medievalist punctuation focussed only on positura and related punctuation, taking into account various input.L2/07-004 
110-A98Debbie Anderson, Rick McGowanMake determination of the rest of the properties for all the new characters added at this UTC meeting, and bring proposal back to next UTC meeting. In progress

From UTC #109 and L2 #206

Action Who Description Documents Status
109-A7Bharat BhushanRecheck items in document L2/06-372 and come back to UTC with results.L2/06-372In progress
109-A24Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview and respond to Sidhu on issue raised in L2/06-111.L2/06-111 
109-A25Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeMake editorial updates to UTS #22 based on L2/06-302 and create a proposed update. (waiting feedback from Mark Davis and Frank Ellermann)L2/06-302In progress
109-A26Rick McGowanPost a PRI for PU UTS #22, to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A27Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeCreate proposed update UTR #36 and UTS #39 and draft updated data tables. In progress
109-A29Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTS #39 to close January 30, 2007.  
109-A40John JenkinsSubmit the characters in L2/06-365, minus the Wenlin variants, to be registered as a variant collection.L2/06-365In progress
109-A45Mark DavisProvide source files as part of UTS #39 that allow XID_Modifications to be derived from existing Unicode properties plus distinguished exceptions. In progress
109-A65Michel Suignard, Mark DavisAdd the 4 Qur'anic Arabic characters in L2/06-358 to the list of confusables.L2/06-358In progress
109-A75Bharat BhushanInvestigate cillaksharams YA and TA as discussed in documents L2/06-337 and L2/06-343.L2/06-337, L2/06-343 
109-A78Bharat BhushanInvestigate 18 characters for Telugu listed in L2/06-267.L2/06-267 
109-A79Eric MullerIn preparing the UTR on Indic issues, consider L2/06-334 and add to Telugu discussion of alternate forms of "R" analogous to Gurmukhi. In progress

From UTC #108 and L2 #205

Action Who Description Documents Status
108-A20Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeAdd FAQs on issues raised in nextsteps doc. (On hold pending resolution of IDNA drafts.)L2/06-263, L2/06-264 
108-A29Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeProvide recommendations for how to restructure UTS #10 and UAX #15 for clarity.  
108-A36Eric Muller, Peter ConstableUpdate Indic block descriptions as appropriate for post 5.0.L2/06-225 
108-A40Eric MullerRespond to Sidhu on L2/06-233. Proposal is not actionable as is. Follow up and try to make the proposal clearer.L2/06-233 
108-A73Rick McGowan, Ken WhistlerDraft a web page describing the representation of sequences as entities.L2/06-251 

From UTC #106 and L2 #203

Action Who Description Documents Status
106-A54Markus Scherer, Eric Muller, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeCreate a proposal for documenting the special casing conditions in the UCD.L2/06-067In progress

From UTC #105 and L2 #202

Action Who Description Documents Status
105-A58Lisa Moore, Ken WhistlerPursue the Sindhi hamza issues with the Arabic experts on the bidi committee.L2/05-251In progress

From UTC #104 and L2 #201

Action Who Description Documents Status
104-A5Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for a machine-readable list of metaproperties.L2/05-168In progress

From UTC #103 and L2 #200

Action Who Description Documents Status
103-A8Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeProvide documentation for the last resort font. In progress

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model after Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress
100-A68Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTS #30: Character Foldings and post as UTS #30. [Ready for final review]L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325In progress