L2/UTC Open Action Items

Auto generated on: August 08, 2008 at 16:53:36

From UTC #115 and L2 #212

Action Who Description Documents Status
115-A1Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeAdd comment to UTS #18 that a possible example of loose matching would be Trad/Simp Chinese.L2/08-211, L2/08-208 
115-A2Rick McGowanExtend the date for PRI #111 to August 4, 2008. Done
115-A3Murray Sargent, Editorial CommitteeMake updates to UTR #25 (rev 11), review and post. In progress
115-A4Rick McGowanClose PRI #119. Done
115-A5Mark DavisAdd new derived properties to DerivedCoreProperties.txt and DerivedNormalizationProps.txt. See 115-C2.L2/08-157 
115-A6Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the documentation file for the new derived Properties.L2/08-157 
115-A7Mark DavisUpdate PropertyAliases.txt and PropertyValueAliases.txt for new derived Properties.L2/08-157 
115-A8Mark DavisProduce updated proposal for the "operationally X-cased" properties, with more background.L2/08-157 
115-A9Eric MullerUpdate UAX #42 for new derived properties.L2/08-157 
115-A10Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for two new Tifinagh characters.L2/08-198RDone
115-A11Lorna PriestUpdate Tifinagh proposal with new glyph, etc., and forward proposal to WG2.L2/08-198RIn progress
115-A12Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for Vedic name corrections.L2/08-205Done
115-A13Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for 4 Vedic gomukha signs.L2/08-218Done
115-A14Debbie Anderson (L2 IR)Add 4 Vedic gomukha signs to ballot comments for PDAM 6.2, with necessary documentation.  
115-A15Swaran LataAssess 1CF1 ardhavisarga to consider the combining behavior.L2/08-218, L2/08-196 
115-A16Swaran LataFollow up on prishtamatra e, using L2/08-218 as a basis.L2/08-218 
115-A17Swaran Lata, Peter ScharfCome up with a common understanding of what the term "Vedic" means when encoding characters, and what blocks things are allocated into.L2/08-218 
115-A18Debbie Anderson (L2 IR)Add to ballot comments on PDAM 6.2, remove the xref to Bengali ya for 097A and amend annotation to "used for affricate glide, i.e., JJYA"L2/08-218 
115-A19Debbie Anderson (L2 IR)Add to ballot comments on PDAM 6.2, change 0973 pushpika glyph to match L2/08-196.L2/08-196 
115-A20Swaran LataFollow up on maatraakaal for August UTC.L2/08-043 
115-A21Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for 1CF1 ubhayatomukha and move of 1CF1 to 1CF2. Done
115-A22Debbie Anderson (L2 IR)Add to ballot comments for PDAM 6.2 request for 1CF1 ubhayatomukha, move of ardhavisarga to 1CF2, addition of 1CD4 yajurvedic kashmiri svarita.115-C6, L2/08-218 
115-A23Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeTake the proposed text for Bodo, Dogri, and Maithili for the Devanagari block description to the ed committee. Submit revised text to the Government of India for review.L2/08-197In progress
115-A24Ken WhistlerSimplify the annotation for 02BC to "used as a tone mark in Bodo, Dogri, and Maithili" Done
115-A25Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeRemand L2/08-192 to the editorial committee for any needed updates to Myanmar text.L2/08-192Done
115-A26Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for 18 Myanmar character additions.L2/08-181Done
115-A27Debbie Anderson (L2 IR)Check the name for AA90 in the PDAM 6.2 ballot to see that the eventual approved character is named "? TSA".L2/08-181  
115-A28Swaran Lata, Cibu JohnyProvide an analysis of Malayalam dot reph (starting from L2/08-195).L2/08-195 
115-A29Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for 2 Malayalam letters.L2/07-283Done
115-A30Michael EversonUpdate proposal in L2/07-283 for 0D29 and 0D3A, and forward to WG2.L2/07-283 
115-A31Lisa MooreAdd to agenda for August 2008 UTC meeting, a review of accepted characters to request WG2 to add to amendment. Done
115-A32Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline to reflect changes in Meetei Mayek.L2/08-180Done
115-A33Swaran LataGet more feedback from Government of Manipur regarding L2/08-180.L2/08-180Done
115-A34Debbie AndersonForward to Swaran Lata and Lisa Moore the names of institutions and organizations requiring the use of historic Meetei Mayek characters.L2/08-180Done
115-A35Lisa MooreRespond to Government of Manipur, re L2/08-136 and other recent communications, pointing out accomodations of their concerns.L2/08-136, L2/08-221Done
115-A36Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeDraft documentation of the concept of a code point label distinct from Unicode character names, for a future version of the standard.L2/08-206Done
115-A37Ken WhistlerProvide a contribution to WG2 requesting Principles & Procedures update to prevent character name collisions with code point labels.L2/08-206In progress
115-A38Eric MullerProduce an erratum for the XML version of UCD 5.1 for the "na" attribute.L2/08-206Done
115-A39Ken WhistlerExtend the proposal on property classification for Brahmi-derived script characters, based on discussion in the meeting.L2/08-207In progress
115-A40Mark Davis, Peter Edberg, Editorial CommitteeCreate text for a PRI re deprecated characters based on L2/08-220, as amended in the meeting. See 115-C10.L2/08-220Done
115-A41Rick McGowanPost PRI on deprecated characters, to close August 4, 2008.L2/08-220Done
115-A42Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeCreate FAQ on problems with the new Korean standard, KS X 1026-1:2007.  
115-A43Peter ConstableSubmit a communication to WG2 and SC2 based on results of ad hoc meeting about Korean issues. See 115-C11.L2/08-225 
115-A44Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Ienup Sung, Editorial CommitteeCreate draft UTR on preferred representation for Korean text and mechanisms for conversions to that format. See 115-C11.L2/08-225 
115-A45Mark Davis, Peter Edberg, Editorial CommitteeCreate text for a PRI on the use of U+FFFD.L2/08-150Done
115-A46Rick McGowanPost PRI on use of U+FFFD, to close August 4, 2008.L2/08-150Done
115-A47Eric MullerDraft a proposal for WG2 showing how a compatibility character collection could be registered as a collection for IVD. Present at next UTC for approval.  
115-A48Rick McGowan, Michael Everson, Editorial CommitteeReview the resolutions related to approval of Amd 5 and make corresponding glyph changes in the live Unicode code charts.L2/08-178In progress
115-A48aRick McGowanPublicize the updated charts noted in 115-A048, when available, to highlight the glyph changes.  
115-A49Ken WhistlerAdd 4 additional CJK ideographs to the pipeline. See 115-C14.L2/08-205Done
115-A50Lisa MooreAdd review of Nushu to the August UTC agenda.L2/08-171Done
115-A51Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for 186 Japanese TV symbols.L2/08-077R3Done
115-A52Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline to reflect removal of 10 Kaithi digits from ballot. See 115-C18.L2/08-205Done
115-A53Debbie AndersonFollow up with the author of the Kaithi proposal to determine character properties for ones which are not clear.L2/07-418In progress
115-A54Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for new code points for Old South Arabian block.L2/08-205Done
115-A55Ken WhistlerAdd 19DA NEW TAI LUE THAM DIGIT ONE to pipeline.L2/08-205Done
115-A56Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for 4149 CJK ideographs in Extension C.L2/08-205, L2/08-227Done
115-A57Lisa MooreAdd approval of CJK Extension C to the agenda for August UTC.L2/08-227Closed
115-A58John JenkinsEnsure that the new IRG Principles & Procedures include requirement for provision of multi-column fonts to WG2 and Unicode.  
115-A59Richard Cook, Ken LundeRaise the issue of making fonts available to Unicode at the June IRG meeting.  
115-A60Peter ConstableRaise the Unicode concerns re KS X 1026-1:2007 raised in L2/08-228 to WG2.L2/08-228 
115-A61John JenkinsCreate U-Source information for all 40 ideographs in L2/08-148R.L2/08-148RIn progress
115-A62Ken LundeProvide updated L2/08-148 with U-Source information and separating out the 3 already encoded in Ext C.L2/08-148R 
115-A63Ken LundeForward revised L2/08-148R to IRG.  
115-A64Markus SchererAdd L2/08-135 to symbols subcommittee agenda.L2/08-135 
115-A65Rick McGowanRespond to author of L2/08-135 informing him of the disposition.L2/08-135Done
115-A66Ken Whistler, Mark DavisUpdate UAX #44 (and UCD.html) with information about default properties.L2/08-226RIn progress
115-A67Eric MullerUpdate UAX #11 with default property changes for EAW.L2/08-226R 
115-A68Andy HeningerUpdate UAX #14 with explanation of default lb properties for unassigned characters in CJK ranges.L2/08-226R 
115-A69Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UTR #23 and text of standard regarding the scope of default property assignments. (suggest retarget to UAX #44)L2/08-226RIn progress
115-A70Ken WhistlerUpdate EastAsianWidth.txt and LineBreak.txt for default CJK property values for the next version of the standard.L2/08-226RDone
115-A71Eric MullerReview PRI comments on UCD in XML from L2/08-208.L2/08-208Done
115-A72Rick McGowanFile a bug report based on Martin Duerst's feedback on UAX #9 in L2/08-208.L2/08-208Done
115-A73Rick McGowanVerify that Asmus responded to Mongolian questions from Henri de Solages in L2/08-208. If not, send response & cc Asmus.L2/08-208Done
115-A74Ken WhistlerRespond to Christopher Yeleighton re Roman Numerals in L2/08-208.L2/08-208Done
115-A75Debbie Anderson, Michael Everson, Rick McGowanFollow up on the Batak model and try to get some user tests.L2/08-011, L2/08-147In progress
115-A76Rick McGowanCreate a glyph erratum for the 4 changed Abkhaz glyphs in L2/08-144R, section 2.L2/08-144RDone
115-A77Lisa MooreAdd review of Pipeline for potential ballot comments for additions, to August UTC agenda. Done
115-A78Eric MullerUpdate UDHR information on Abkhaz.L2/08-144RDone
115-A79Debbie AndersonRespond to Alexander Ankwab re Abkhaz pe with descender.L2/08-144RDone
115-A80Debbie AndersonProvide feedback to proposers of UCAS additions in L2/08-149.L2/08-149Done
115-A81Debbie AndersonRespond to authors of L2/07-342 Brahmi proposal with feedback from scripts committee.L2/07-342, L2/07-406Done
115-A82Rick McGowanRespond to Dr. Durrani regarding outcome of approvals from L2/08-159, Arabic nuqtas.L2/08-159Done
115-A83Rick McGowanUpdate the proposal L2/08-159 on Arabic nuqtas, based on UTC feedback.L2/08-159Done
115-A84Debbie AndersonCreate a document summarizing feedback on L2/08-159 from Kamal Mansour and Jonathan Kew.L2/08-159Done
115-A85Rick McGowanForward Debbie Anderson's summary document of feedback on L2/08-159 to Dr. Durrani.L2/08-159Done
115-A86Debbie AndersonSend feedback on Tai Don in L2/08-217 to Jim Brase.L2/08-217In progress
115-A87Ken Whistler, Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeCreate text for a PRI on the numeric properties of Bengali currency numerators.L2/08-199Done
115-A88Rick McGowanPost the PRI for Bengali currency numerators to close August 4, 2008.L2/08-199Done
115-A89Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline for all other characters accepted out of the script subcommittee report, L2/08-111.L2/08-111Done
115-A90Debbie AndersonFollow up on linebreaking properties for UCAS hyphen, 1400.L2/08-132RIn progress
115-A91Debbie Anderson, Rick McGowanFollow up with Michael Everson on Meetei Mayek properties for symbols and other non-letter characters.L2/08-180In progress
115-A92Debbie AndersonFollow up with Peter Scharf on properties of newly accepted Vedic characters.L2/08-176, L2/08-216In progress
115-A93Debbie AndersonFollow up on properties for the new Tifinagh separator character.L2/08-198RIn progress

From UTC #114 and L2 #211

Action Who Description Documents Status
114-A41Richard CookForward the comments on U+20202 glyph error and on U+214FA in L2/08-075 to the IRG and appropriate individuals. (removed Rick from owners for AI)L2/08-075In progress
114-A42Ken Whistler, Debbie Anderson, Editorial CommitteeDocument 0313/0314 use for transliteration of Egyptian. Also document the rendering behavior of 0485/0486. Respond to Karl Pentzlin. (response to Karl done)L2/08-075In progress
114-A45Mark DavisFormalize mechanically readable Unicode invariants.  
114-A50Peter EdbergAssemble additional test cases for Linebreak for next version of Unicode, post 5.1. Ensure adequate coverage of JIS compliance.  
114-A55Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeClarify the uppercase, lowercase and titlecase issues in an FAQ.L2/08-026 
114-A55bMark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the FAQ entry on uppercase sharp s.  
114-A58Mark Davis, Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the FAQ on default ignorables.  
114-A73Mark DavisSend an official letter from the Unicode Consortium to govts of India and Tamil Nadu outlining concrete steps that can be taken to assist in the goal of 114-C24.  
114-A86Andy HeningerDevelop a proposal for handling the "person(s)" case in UAX #14, post 5.1.  

From UTC #113 and L2 #210

Action Who Description Documents Status
113-A32Rick McGowan, Richard Cook Work with IRG to ensure that chart production issues are resolved for Ext C, and to resolve the KangXi mapping discrepancies. In progress
113-A36Mark DavisLook at the script property status of 1FC1, 1FED..1FEF and 1FFD, plus 1FBF, 1FC0, 1FFE after Unicode 5.1.L2/07-202 
113-A37Rick McGowanCheck, and correct if necessary, the UTF-8 sample code on the website (ConvertUTF.c) for handling of ill-formed UTF-8 sequences.L2/07-351In progress
113-A53aMark DavisLook for more illustrative ordering of rows and columns for LineBreak HTML test files. (after Unicode 5.1.0)  
113-A55Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeWhen appropriate, follow the recommendation in L2/07-384 to use representative characters instead of complete lists in UAX #14.L2/07-384 
113-A70Rick McGowanWhen UTR #20 is next touched, fix the typo re "grave and accent"L2/07-350 

From UTC #111 and L2 #208

Action Who Description Documents Status
111-A34Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeCreate a WD of a PU UTS #37 for the next UTC meeting. Clarify when variation sequences are appropriate.  
111-A38Debbie AndersonMake an estimate of the number of modern scripts yet to be encoded and number of characters involved in each. Post to doc register. In progress
111-A56Lee CollinsDocument guidelines for interoperability between the Unicode Egyptian hieroglyphs and Manuel de Codage. In progress

From UTC #110 and L2 #207

Action Who Description Documents Status
110-A24Daniel Yacob, Asmus Freytag, Andy Henninger, Editorial CommitteeCreate a PRI on the Ethiopic linebreak issue.L2/07-050In progress
110-A40Asmus Freytag, Murray Sargent, Editorial CommitteeImplement the consensus on the disposition of UTR #25 data tables. 100-C25L2/07-051In progress
110-A48Mark DavisCreate a document summarizing any remaining issues with ISO 4217.L2/07-025In progress
110-A77Michael Everson, Debbie AndersonCreate a new proposal for medievalist punctuation focussed only on positura and related punctuation, taking into account various input.L2/07-004 

From UTC #109 and L2 #206

Action Who Description Documents Status
109-A7Swaran LataRecheck items in document L2/06-372 and come back to UTC with results.L2/06-372In progress
109-A25Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeMake editorial updates to UTS #22 based on L2/06-302 and create a proposed update. (waiting feedback from Mark Davis and Frank Ellermann)L2/06-302In progress
109-A26Rick McGowanPost a PRI for PU UTS #22, to close January 30, 2007. (changed to May 5, 2008.)  
109-A27aMark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeCreate proposed update UTS #39 and draft updated data tables. (split from 109-A027 for cleaner targets)  
109-A29Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTS #39 to close January 30, 2007. (changed to May 5, 2008.)  
109-A40John JenkinsSubmit the characters in L2/06-365, minus the Wenlin variants, to be registered as a variant collection.L2/06-365In progress
109-A45Mark DavisProvide source files as part of UTS #39 that allow XID_Modifications to be derived from existing Unicode properties plus distinguished exceptions. In progress
109-A65Michel Suignard, Mark DavisAdd the 4 Qur'anic Arabic characters in L2/06-358 to the list of confusables.L2/06-358In progress
109-A75Swaran LataInvestigate cillaksharams YA and TA as discussed in documents L2/06-337 and L2/06-343.L2/06-337, L2/06-343 
109-A78Swaran LataInvestigate 18 characters for Telugu listed in L2/06-267.L2/06-267 
109-A79Eric MullerIn preparing the UTR on Indic issues, consider L2/06-334 and add to Telugu discussion of alternate forms of "R" analogous to Gurmukhi. In progress

From UTC #108 and L2 #205

Action Who Description Documents Status
108-A29Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeProvide recommendations for how to restructure UTS #10 for clarity.  
108-A29aKen Whistler, Editorial CommitteeProvide recommendations for how to restructure UAX #15 for clarity. In progress
108-A36Eric Muller, Peter ConstableUpdate Indic block descriptions as appropriate for post 5.1.L2/06-225 

From UTC #104 and L2 #201

Action Who Description Documents Status
104-A5Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for a machine-readable list of metaproperties.L2/05-168In progress

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model after Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress
100-A68Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Draft UTS #30: Character Foldings and post as UTS #30. [Ready for final review]L2/04-312, L2/04-320, L2/04-322, L2/04-325In progress