Open Action Items

Auto generated on: October 28, 2008 at 13:55:08

From UTC #116 and L2 #213

Action Who Description Documents Status
116-A1Mark DavisUpdate PropValueAliases.txt with Attached_Above label. 116-C1.  
116-A2Ken Whistler, Eric MullerPrepare a PRI on codepoint labels.L2/08-263Done
116-A3Rick McGowanIssue a PRI on codepoint labels, to close October 27, 2008. Done
116-A4Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeRespond to Dr. Durrani on Arabic nuqta proposal.L2/08-247Done
116-A5Mark Davis, Ken WhistlerPrepare a detailed proposal for Unicode property or properties to mirror the categories of the IDNAbis table classes.L2/08-293 
116-A6Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeFinish a proposed draft UTS on IDNAbis Preprocessing and post for public review.L2/08-296 
116-A7Rick McGowanIssue a PRI on IDNAbis Preprocessing draft, to close October 27, 2008.  
116-A8Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteePost PU UTR #33.L2/08-248Done
116-A9Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for PU UTR #33, to close October 27, 2008. Done
116-A10Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate PU UTR #17 and post as Proposed Update.L2/08-267Done
116-A11Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for PU UTR #17, to close October 27, 2008. Done
116-A12Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeReview Section 5.8.1 of UAX #44 and propose invariants in stability policy page and propose a consistent disposition.L2/08-249In progress
116-A13Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate and post PU UAX #44 for public review.L2/08-249Done
116-A14Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for PU UAX #44, to close October 27, 2008. Done
116-A15Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteePrepare a PRI regarding changes to clarify documentation of normalization for Chapter 3.L2/08-301 
116-A16Rick McGowanIssue a PRI on changes to clarify documentation of normalization, to close October 27, 2008.  
116-A17Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #15 with changes to the specification section and post as a proposed update UAX.L2/08-301 
116-A18Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for PU UAX #15, to close October 27, 2008.  
116-A19Rick McGowanStart preparing a draft of Unicode 5.2 web pages. In progress
116-A20Rick McGowanUpdate the web pages necessary to complete the withdrawal of UTR #30. Done
116-A21Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeUpdate WD PU UTS #37 and post for public review.L2/08-326Done
116-A22Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for PU UTS #37, to close October 27, 2008. Done
116-A23Mark Davis, Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UTS #18 with feedback from meeting and post. Done
116-A24Rick McGowanClose PRI #111. Done
116-A25John Jenkins, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UTR #45 with feedback from meeting and post.  
116-A26Rick McGowanClose PRI #120. Done
116-A27Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd text to Unicode 5.2 recommending Option 2 of PRI #121 as best practice.PRI #121 
116-A28Rick McGowanClose PRI #121. Done
116-A29Mark DavisUpdate PropList.txt as per 116-C13 re deprecated property for Unicode 5.2.PRI #122 
116-A30Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate text and Unicode names list for Unicode 5.2, to reflect changes re deprecation and discouragement of characters. 116-C13.PRI #122In progress
116-A31Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeMake relevant changes re Deprecation to PU UAX #44.PRI #122Done
116-A32Rick McGowanClose PRI #122. Done
116-A33Ken WhistlerUpdate the spreadsheet of deprecated characters (and related info) and submit to the L2 document register. Done
116-A34Rick McGowanExtend the closing date of PRI #123 to October 27, 2008, and communicate the extension to Omi Azad. Done
116-A35Rick McGowanExtend the closing date of PRI #124 to October 27, 2008. Done
116-A36Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeReview UTR #23 to see if there are useful sections of text that should go into UAX #44.UTR #23 
116-A37Ken WhistlerUpdate the PU UTR #23 text with feedback from the meeting. Done
116-A38Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the text of UTS #10 in response to L2/08-299 and post as a proposed update.L2/08-299 
116-A39Rick McGowanIssue a PRI for UTS #10, to close October 27, 2008.  
116-A40Rick McGowanRespond to author of L2/08-299.L2/08-299Done
116-A41Eric MullerRespond to author of L2/08-282 re NamedSequencesProv.txt and forward the feedback and UTC disposition to South Asian subcommittee.L2/03-273, L2/08-282Done
116-A42Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeFix the Saurashtra font to eliminate problems with clipping at some resolutions.  
116-A43Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the online charts page to note the known problem with bounding rect clipping.  
116-A44Eric MullerRespond to Paul Hardy re his comments on Saurashtra font.L2/08-282 
116-A45Rick McGowanRespond to Apostolos Syropoulos re his comments in L2/08-282.L2/08-282 
116-A46Julie Allen, Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeCreate and issue an erratum on UAX #31, for problem noted by Markus Scherer.L2/08-282Done
116-A47Lisa MoorePut L2/08-306 onto agenda for next UTC meeting.L2/08-306 
116-A48Eric MullerTake L2/08-327 into account when working on the Indic UTR; forward to Peter Scharf.L2/08-327 
116-A49Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for consensus 116-C17 re Vedic additions and changes. Done
116-A50Debbie AndersonAdd the new and moved Vedic characters to ballot comments. Done
116-A51Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeAdd text to the Devanagari block description on PRISHTHAMATRA EL2/08-317 
116-A52Michael EversonInclude example of A8F9 shown in context, for L2/08-273R.L2/08-273  
116-A53Manoj JainReview U+A8F9 GAP FILLER and U+A8FB HEADSTROKE and provide feedback by the Feruary 2009 UTC meeting.  
116-A54Debbie AndersonFollow up on properties for U+A8F9 GAP FILLER and U+A8FB HEADSTROKE, particularly the General_Category.  
116-A55Manoj JainReview the Kashmiri additions proposed on L2/08-250 and provide recommendations.L2/08-250 
116-A56Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePropose new status for the 23 historic Meetei characters in the pipeline, to record the decision to remove code point assignments for them.L2/08-239 
116-A57Debbie AndersonAdd to ballot comments on Amd 6 removal of the 23 historic Meetei characters.L2/08-239Done
116-A58Debbie AndersonAdd to ballot comments on Amd 6 to add U+ABE2 MEETEI MAYEK I LONSUML2/08-232Done
116-A59Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline to reflect new and moved Meetei Mayek characters. 116-C19.L2/08-232Done
116-A60Debbie AndersonAdd to ballot comments on Amd 6, moves and name changes for Meetei characters.L2/08-232Done
116-A61Lisa MooreRespond to Government of Manipur, re UTC actions on Meetei Mayek. Done
116-A62Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for moves and new additions for Khamti Shan characters.L2/08-276Done
116-A63Debbie AndersonAdd info re Khamti Shan, 116-C20, to ballot comments for Amd 6.L2/08-276Done
116-A64Martin Hosken, Rick McGowanProvide a font for new Khamti Shan characters.  
116-A65Eric Muller, Peter ConstableFollow up with response to Sri Lanka re their Tamil standards.L2/08-317 
116-A66Ken WhistlerLook at possible improvements in UCA default table, particularly for SHRII.L2/08-241 
116-A67Manoj JainReview collation requirements for Indian languages in CLDR, for the CLDR 17 release. (Sept/Oct 2008 timeframe)  
116-A68Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for Brahmi. Done
116-A69Ken WhistlerUpdate pipeline for Mandaic. 116-C22. Done
116-A70Mark DavisUpdate the script property values of U+0485 and U+0486 from Cyrillic to Inherited. (for Unicode 5.2)  
116-A71Ken Whistler, Debbie Anderson, Editorial CommitteeCreate a FAQ on Egyptological Yod, presenting the alternatives. See A1, A2, A3 in L2/08-272.L2/08-272 
116-A72Debbie AndersonCommunicate to Egyptologists the UTC action on Egyptological Yod. 116-C23.L2/08-272In progress
116-A73Debbie AndersonAdd ballot comments re Nushu, for Amd 6. Done
116-A74Rick McGowanDouble check the link(s) on the roadmap for Nushu. Done
116-A75Lisa MooreForward C.5 and C.6 to the agenda for the next UTC meeting.  
116-A76John JenkinsReview document L2/08-281L2/08-281 
116-A77Lisa MooreForward B.17.1 and B.17.2 to the agenda for the next UTC meeting.  
116-A78Eric MullerPrepare a document for WG2 giving background and requesting that WG2 address the matter of multi-column fonts for Extension C. Done
116-A79Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline to reflect encoding of U+26BD SOCCER BALL. 116-C25L2/08-135Done
116-A80Debbie AndersonAdd U+26BD SOCCER BALL to ballot comments for Amd 6. Done
116-A81Debbie AndersonContact author of L2/08-135 and request font for U+26BD SOCCER BALL. Done
116-A82Ken WhistlerSubmit L2/08-266 to WG2 in time for the October WG2 meeting.L2/08-266 

From UTC #115 and L2 #212

Action Who Description Documents Status
115-A5Mark DavisAdd new derived properties to DerivedCoreProperties.txt and DerivedNormalizationProps.txt. See 115-C2.L2/08-157 
115-A6Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the documentation file for the new derived Properties.L2/08-157 
115-A7Mark DavisUpdate PropertyAliases.txt and PropertyValueAliases.txt for new derived Properties.L2/08-157 
115-A8Mark DavisProduce updated proposal for the "operationally X-cased" properties, with more background.L2/08-157 
115-A9Eric MullerUpdate UAX #42 for new derived properties.L2/08-157 
115-A23Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeTake the proposed text for Bodo, Dogri, and Maithili for the Devanagari block description to the ed committee. Submit revised text to the Government of India for review.L2/08-197In progress
115-A37Ken WhistlerProvide a contribution to WG2 requesting Principles & Procedures update to prevent character name collisions with code point labels.L2/08-206In progress
115-A39Ken WhistlerExtend the proposal on property classification for Brahmi-derived script characters, based on discussion in the meeting.L2/08-207In progress
115-A42Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeCreate FAQ on problems with the new Korean standard, KS X 1026-1:2007.  
115-A44Ken Whistler, Mark Davis, Ienup Sung, Editorial CommitteeCreate draft UTR on preferred representation for Korean text and mechanisms for conversions to that format. See 115-C11.L2/08-225 
115-A48aRick McGowanPublicize the updated charts noted in 115-A048, when available, to highlight the glyph changes. In progress
115-A53Debbie AndersonFollow up with the author of the Kaithi proposal to determine character properties for ones which are not clear.L2/07-418In progress
115-A58John JenkinsEnsure that the new IRG Principles & Procedures include requirement for provision of multi-column fonts to WG2 and Unicode.  
115-A62Ken LundeProvide updated L2/08-148 with U-Source information and separating out the 3 already encoded in Ext C.L2/08-148R 
115-A63Ken LundeForward revised L2/08-148R to IRG.  
115-A66Ken Whistler, Mark DavisUpdate UAX #44 (and UCD.html) with information about default properties.L2/08-226RIn progress
115-A67Eric MullerUpdate UAX #11 with default property changes for EAW.L2/08-226R 
115-A68Andy Heninger, Mark DavisUpdate UAX #14 with explanation of default lb properties for unassigned characters in CJK ranges.L2/08-226R 
115-A69Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UTR #23 and text of standard regarding the scope of default property assignments. (suggest retarget to UAX #44)L2/08-226RIn progress
115-A86Debbie AndersonSend feedback on Tai Don in L2/08-217 to Jim Brase.L2/08-217In progress
115-A90Debbie AndersonFollow up on linebreaking properties for UCAS hyphen, 1400.L2/08-132RIn progress
115-A91Debbie Anderson, Rick McGowanFollow up with Michael Everson on Meetei Mayek properties for symbols and other non-letter characters.L2/08-180In progress
115-A92Debbie AndersonFollow up with Peter Scharf on properties of newly accepted Vedic characters.L2/08-176, L2/08-216In progress
115-A93Debbie AndersonFollow up on properties for the new Tifinagh separator character.L2/08-198RIn progress

From UTC #114 and L2 #211

Action Who Description Documents Status
114-A41Richard CookForward the comments on U+20202 glyph error and on U+214FA in L2/08-075 to the IRG and appropriate individuals. (removed Rick from owners for AI)L2/08-075In progress
114-A45Mark DavisFormalize mechanically readable Unicode invariants.  
114-A50Peter EdbergAssemble additional test cases for Linebreak for next version of Unicode, post 5.1. Ensure adequate coverage of JIS compliance.  
114-A55Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeClarify the uppercase, lowercase and titlecase issues in an FAQ.L2/08-026 
114-A55bMark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the FAQ entry on uppercase sharp s.  
114-A58Mark Davis, Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the FAQ on default ignorables. In progress
114-A73Mark DavisSend an official letter from the Unicode Consortium to govts of India and Tamil Nadu outlining concrete steps that can be taken to assist in the goal of 114-C24. In progress
114-A86Andy HeningerDevelop a proposal for handling the "person(s)" case in UAX #14, post 5.1.  

From UTC #113 and L2 #210

Action Who Description Documents Status
113-A32Rick McGowan, Richard Cook Work with IRG to ensure that chart production issues are resolved for Ext C, and to resolve the KangXi mapping discrepancies. In progress
113-A36Mark DavisLook at the script property status of 1FC1, 1FED..1FEF and 1FFD, plus 1FBF, 1FC0, 1FFE after Unicode 5.1.L2/07-202 
113-A37Rick McGowanCheck, and correct if necessary, the UTF-8 sample code on the website (ConvertUTF.c) for handling of ill-formed UTF-8 sequences.L2/07-351In progress
113-A53aMark DavisLook for more illustrative ordering of rows and columns for LineBreak HTML test files. (after Unicode 5.1.0)  
113-A55Andy Heninger, Editorial CommitteeWhen appropriate, follow the recommendation in L2/07-384 to use representative characters instead of complete lists in UAX #14.L2/07-384 
113-A70Rick McGowanWhen UTR #20 is next touched, fix the typo re "grave and accent"L2/07-350 

From UTC #111 and L2 #208

Action Who Description Documents Status
111-A38Debbie AndersonMake an estimate of the number of modern scripts yet to be encoded and number of characters involved in each. Post to doc register. In progress
111-A56Lee CollinsDocument guidelines for interoperability between the Unicode Egyptian hieroglyphs and Manuel de Codage. In progress

From UTC #110 and L2 #207

Action Who Description Documents Status
110-A48Mark DavisCreate a document summarizing any remaining issues with ISO 4217.L2/07-025In progress
110-A77Michael Everson, Debbie AndersonCreate a new proposal for medievalist punctuation focussed only on positura and related punctuation, taking into account various input.L2/07-004 

From UTC #109 and L2 #206

Action Who Description Documents Status
109-A7Swaran LataRecheck items in document L2/06-372 and come back to UTC with results.L2/06-372In progress
109-A25Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeMake editorial updates to UTS #22 based on L2/06-302 and create a proposed update. (waiting feedback from Mark Davis and Frank Ellermann)L2/06-302In progress
109-A26Rick McGowanPost a PRI for PU UTS #22, to close January 30, 2007. (changed to May 5, 2008.)  
109-A27aMark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeCreate proposed update UTS #39 and draft updated data tables. (split from 109-A027 for cleaner targets)  
109-A29Rick McGowanPost PRI for updated UTS #39 to close January 30, 2007. (changed to May 5, 2008.)  
109-A40John JenkinsSubmit the characters in L2/06-365, minus the Wenlin variants, to be registered as a variant collection.L2/06-365In progress
109-A45Mark DavisProvide source files as part of UTS #39 that allow XID_Modifications to be derived from existing Unicode properties plus distinguished exceptions. In progress
109-A65Michel Suignard, Mark DavisAdd the 4 Qur'anic Arabic characters in L2/06-358 to the list of confusables.L2/06-358In progress
109-A75Swaran LataInvestigate cillaksharams YA and TA as discussed in documents L2/06-337 and L2/06-343.L2/06-337, L2/06-343 
109-A78Swaran LataInvestigate 18 characters for Telugu listed in L2/06-267.L2/06-267In progress
109-A79Eric MullerIn preparing the UTR on Indic issues, consider L2/06-334 and add to Telugu discussion of alternate forms of "R" analogous to Gurmukhi. In progress

From UTC #108 and L2 #205

Action Who Description Documents Status
108-A29Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeProvide recommendations for how to restructure UTS #10 for clarity.  
108-A29aKen Whistler, Editorial CommitteeProvide recommendations for how to restructure UAX #15 for clarity. In progress
108-A36Eric Muller, Peter ConstableUpdate Indic block descriptions as appropriate for post 5.1.L2/06-225 

From UTC #104 and L2 #201

Action Who Description Documents Status
104-A5Ken WhistlerCreate a proposal for a machine-readable list of metaproperties.L2/05-168In progress

From UTC #100 and L2 #197

Action Who Description Documents Status
100-A47aEric Muller, Editorial CommitteeDocument the Indic conjoining behavior model after Unicode 5.0 (was originally intended for 4.1), including fallback behavior. Also examine behavior with multiple consonants. See 100-C22L2/04-279In progress
100-A48Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeReview the Indic FAQ to ensure consistency with the Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A50Eric MullerReview Indic scripts for inconsistencies with new Indic conjoining behavior model. See 100-C22.L2/04-279In progress
100-A51Eric MullerReview the Sinhalese document with regard to ZWJ/ZWNJ usage consistency.L2/04-279In progress