Recently Closed Action Items
(since 2010-05-07)

Auto generated on: August 05, 2010 at 18:46:26

From UTC #123 and L2 #220

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
123-A1Rick McGowanUpdate all of the open UAX review dates and the UTS #10 review date, to August 2, 2010.2010-05-21Done 
123-A2Ken WhistlerAdd an annotation to FAD42010-05-18Done 
123-A3Ken WhistlerReflect synchronization updates in the pipeline, items B through K in the consent docket. For B through E, make 6.0 data files changes, too.2010-05-18DonePipeline, UCD
123-A7Ken WhistlerRestructure the 2 Indic properties data files and post as provisional for 6.0 beta review.2010-05-25DoneUCD
123-A8Rick McGowanRespond to Srivas re his input on PRI #168.2010-05-21Done 
123-A9Ken WhistlerIn the Indic props table, add Kaithi values, and change bindi to bindu. Respond to Sharma re his feedback.2010-05-25DoneUCD
123-A10Ken WhistlerMake changes according to discussion of PRI #168 feedback from Gihan Dias. Respond to Gihan Dias re his feedback.2010-05-25DoneUCD
123-A11Ken WhistlerAdd an annotation for 0B83 to the Indic props table.2010-05-25DoneUCD
123-A11aKen WhistlerGive U+0DDA the Top_And_Left value for Matra placement.2010-07-20DoneUCD
123-A12Ken Whistler, V.S. Umamaheswaran, Peter ConstableDraft text to better explain Indic matra placement.2010-05-26DoneUCD
123-A13Ken WhistlerChange 0BC1, 0BC2 to bottom variable in the Indic props table. (Changed to Bottom [from Right] instead, because making a "variable" category was inconsistent with other suggested changes to remove display from the scope for the property values.)2010-05-25DoneUCD
123-A14Ken WhistlerAdd a category "invisible" and add the viramas that are rendered as invisible to the Indic props table.2010-05-25DoneUCD
123-A15Ken WhistlerRemove "display" as the scope of the Indic properties and focus on segmentation and syllabic structure as scope.2010-05-25DoneUCD
123-A17Rick McGowanRespond to Karl Pentzlin re his feedback on UTR #36.2010-05-21Done 
123-A19Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline for U+A7AA.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A23Debbie AndersonFollow up with Paul Anderson asking for more specific examples and the unification/disunification issues in L2/10-113 for Tifinagh.2010-08-02DoneL2/10-278
123-A24Ken WhistlerUpate the pipeline for U+2D66 and U+2D67.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A25Rick McGowanWork with Paul Anderson to get font and submit revised document to WG2 for two new Tifinagh characters.2010-07-30DoneL2/10-096
123-A27Rick McGowanSend note to Karl Pentzlin re his proposals for florin currency symbol.2010-05-18Done 
123-A27aKen WhistlerAdd florin currency symbol to notices of nonapproval.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A28Rick McGowanCreate PRI text re display of U+2E17 DOUBLE OBLIQUE HYPHEN and post, to close August 2, 2010.2010-06-02DonePRI #169
123-A29Rick McGowanRespond to Karl Pentzlin re his proposals.2010-05-21Done 
123-A30Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline for U+A7F8 and U+A7F9.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A31Rick McGowanGet font for U+A7F8/U+A7F9 from Michael or make a new one.2010-07-28Done 
123-A33Ken WhistlerAdd U+1F16A and U+1F16B to the pipeline.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A34Rick McGowanGet font for U+1F16A and U+1F16B.2010-07-28Done 
123-A35Rick McGowanRespond to Karl Pentzlin and previous proposer, and ask Karl to forward document to WG2.2010-07-07Done 
123-A37Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeUpdate the annotation material and name of the emoji sources data file to match the conventions used by other data files in the UCD.2010-06-02DoneUCD
123-A38Eric MullerUpdate UAX #42 with Emoji data sources for Unicode 6.0.2010-07-15DoneUAX #42
123-A39Rick McGowanAdd EmojiSources.txt to the components list for Unicode 6.0.2010-05-24Done 
123-A40Rick McGowanAdd the two provisional Indic properties files to the components list for Unicode 6.0.2010-05-24Done 
123-A41Eric MullerUpdate UAX #42 for the two new provisional Indic properties.2010-07-15DoneUAX #42
123-A42Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #44 to include the new policy about provisional properties (not included in PropertyAliases.txt).2010-06-01DoneUAX #44
123-A43Ken WhistlerAdd text to the NamedSequences.txt header indicating what the ISO format for USIs is.2010-05-18DoneUCD
123-A44Rick McGowan, Debbie AndersonAdd Grantha Chillu Marker and Grantha Om sign to a revised version of L2/10-0712010-07-28DoneL2/10-265
123-A45Ken WhistlerAdd Linear A characters to the pipeline.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A47Ken WhistlerAdd Old North Arabian characters to the pipeline.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A49Ken Whistler, Kamal Mansour, Editorial CommitteeAdd clarification to Section 8.2 of standard regarding how to best represent a "medial yeh barree" in text.2010-06-23DoneUnicode 6.0 text
123-A50Kamal Mansour, Editorial CommitteeProvide suggested clarifying text in Unicode 5.2 Section 8.2, pp. 248-249 re yeh and farsi yeh joining groups.2010-06-23DoneUnicode 6.0 text
123-A51Roozbeh Pournader, Debbie AndersonUpdate L2/10-105 with property changes specified by the UTC.2010-08-02DoneL2/10-105
123-A52Roozbeh Pournader, Debbie AndersonProvide the updated Arabic Mathematical Symbols names list to Michel Suignard.2010-08-02Done 
123-A55Kamal Mansour, Editorial CommitteeProvide text on Kashmiri Yeh for Section 8.2 for Unicode 6.0.2010-06-24DoneUnicode 6.0 text
123-A57Rick McGowan, Roozbeh PournaderRespond to authors of L2/10-155.2010-06-11Done 
123-A63Ken WhistlerUpdate UnicodeData.txt for U+0CF1 and U+0CF2. gc=So-->Lo. For Unicode 6.0.2010-05-18DoneUCD
123-A64Mark DavisUpdate Scripts.txt for U+0CF1 and U+0CF2. Script=Common --> Kannada. For Unicode 6.0.2010-05-19DoneUCD 6.0
123-A65Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeAdd a step in the release process to notify the ITEF with potential changes to IDNA2008 table derivation, such as general category changes.2010-05-24Done 
123-A66Debbie AndersonCreate a proposal for Devanagari versions of JIHVAMULIYA and UPADHMANIYA2010-08-02DoneL2/10-257
123-A67Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline for U+1CF3.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A68Debbie AndersonFollow up the Shriramana Sharma on U+1CF3 VEDIC SIGN ROTATED ARDHAVISARGA and forward the revised document to WG2.2010-08-02DoneWG2 N3861
123-A70Debbie AndersonFollow up with Shriramana Sharma on his request for general category changes for ardhavisarga and related characters.2010-08-02Done 
123-A71Ken WhistlerUpdate the pipeline for U+1CF4.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A73Debbie AndersonForward L2/09-344 to WG2.2010-08-02DoneWG2 N3844
123-A74Rick McGowanWork with Shriramana Sharma on fonts for newly approved Indic characters.2010-08-03Done 
123-A75Ken WhistlerAdd annotation for Devanagari dandas, as per 4.a of L2/10-167.2010-05-18DoneNames list
123-A76Ken WhistlerUpdate NamedSequencesProv.txt with 3 new provisional Sinhala named sequences.2010-05-18DoneUCD
123-A78Rick McGowan, Debbie AndersonFollow up with Naga Ganesan about the design of the glyph for U+11350 Grantha Om.2010-05-24Done 
123-A79Ken WhistlerAdd a note "to be reconsidered" to the existing entries for Sinhala digits in the pipeline.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A80Ken WhistlerAdd Coptic numbers to the pipeline.2010-05-18DonePipeline
123-A82Debbie AndersonWork with Anshuman Pandey to update L2/10-114 and forward to WG2, and provide a font for Michel and Rick.2010-08-02DoneL2/10-206, WG2 N3843R
123-A83Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteePrepare the text of a PRI for a set of test cases and reference code for IDNA preprocessing, including documentation of data files. [outcome: reference code not included]2010-06-22Done 
123-A84Rick McGowanPost the PRI on IDNA preprocessing test cases, to close August 2, 2010.2010-06-22DonePRI #172
123-A87Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeStart the Unicode 6.0.0 beta review.2010-06-02Done 
123-A88Rick McGowanPost a PRI for the Unicode 6.0.0 beta, to close August 2, 2010.2010-06-02DonePRI #170
123-A89Mark DavisAdd new scripts to Tables 4 and 5 of PU UAX #31, based on information from the UTC meeting.2010-05-18DoneUAX #31
123-A90Mark DavisSplit Table 5 in UAX #31 into two separate tables.2010-05-18DoneUAX #31
123-A92Rick McGowanRespond to Kent Karlsson re his suggestion to reweight U+2185.2010-05-21Done 
123-A93Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #9 to incorporate the working draft text re higher-level protocols.2010-05-18DoneUAX #9
123-A94Rick McGowanPost the new draft of the proposed update of UAX #9 and update the PRI text as needed.2010-05-21Done 
123-A95Eric Muller, Editorial CommitteeUpdate Section 16.8 Specials regarding annotation characters and bidi, for Unicode 6.0.2010-07-16DoneUnicode 6.0 text
123-A96Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteeIn UAX #14, update Authors to Editors, etc. Make 5.2 --> 6.0 changes. (Owner changed from Andy Heninger to Rick.)2010-06-18DoneUAX #14
123-A97Rick McGowanPost the new draft of the proposed update for UAX #14 and update the PRI text as needed.2010-06-18Done 
123-A101Mark DavisUpdate Scripts.txt for several characters, Common or Inherited to specific values, reflecting the UTC consensus on this. For Unicode 6.0.2010-05-19DoneUCD 6.0
123-A103Rick McGowanExtend the PRIs for UAXes and UTS #10 (151, 152, 156-166) to August 2, 2010.2010-05-21ClosedDup of 123-A001
123-A104Rick McGowanClose PRI #168.2010-05-21Done 

From UTC #122 and L2 #219

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
122-A5Mark DavisAdd info to DerivedNormalizationProps.txt about 5 deprecated properties (FC_NFKC_Closure, Expands_On_*) for Unicode 6.0.2010-05-21DoneUCD 6.0
122-A9Roozbeh Pournader, Editorial CommitteeProvide appropriate text for Section 8.2 about Hamza on Heh Goal shaping class. (no text actually needed; this is covered by ArabicShaping.txt)2010-07-16DoneUnicode 6.0 text
122-A25Mark DavisAdd the new alias "Teh Marbuta Goal" to PropertyValueAliases.txt for Unicode 6.0.2010-05-19DoneUCD 6.0
122-A31Eric MullerInitiate discussion on the Indic list of those focussed suggestions re Grantha that require further investigation.2010-05-07Done 
122-A47Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeDo final editorial review, verify data, and issue UTS #46 as a final document, after issuance of the RFC numbers for IDNA2008.2010-06-11DoneUTS #46
122-A49Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePrepare the final UTS #46 and associated data for publication and post the final when ready.2010-08-05DoneUTS #46
122-A50Mark Davis, Michel Suignard, Editorial CommitteeMake final updates to UTR #36 and post the approved document.2010-06-11DoneUTR #36
122-A53Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePrepare UTR #36 for publication and post the final when ready.2010-08-05DoneUTR #36
122-A56Rick McGowan, Editorial CommitteePrepare UTS #39 and associated data for publication and post the final when ready.2010-08-05DoneUTS #39
122-A76Debbie Anderson, Rick McGowan, Ken WhistlerAnalyze documents on Vedic under agenda item C.3 and Indic annotations under C.23, and make recommendations for the next UTC meeting.2010-05-07DoneL2/10-167

From UTC #121 and L2 #218

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
121-A1bMark Davis, Editorial CommitteePrepare a background document for a PRI on invariant tests.2010-06-21Doneinvariant tests
121-A2Rick McGowanPost PRI on invariant tests, to close August 2, 2010.2010-06-24DonePRI #173
121-A10Mark DavisAdd an invariant test for non-starter composition results. For 6.0.2010-06-21Doneinvariant tests
121-A11Roozbeh Pournader, Editorial CommitteeCreate background document for PRI, for issue #1 in L2/09-358R.2010-06-11Done 
121-A12Rick McGowanPost PRI on Arabic issue (121-A011), to close August 2, 2010.2010-06-11DonePRI #171
121-A25Mark DavisMake Other_Alphabetic=False for U+A9B3 in PropList.txt for 6.0.2010-05-19DoneUCD 6.0
121-A28Mark Davis, Markus Scherer, Editorial CommitteeClarify that the star operator used in the regex for Final_Sigma in Table 3-15 is "greedy" and that Cased and Case_Ignorable properties are not disjoint. For 6.0.2010-05-24DoneUnicode 6.0 text
121-A29Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeUpdate D136 in TUS to highlight that Case_Ignorable is a narrow-use property. For 6.0.2010-05-24DoneUnicode 6.0 text
121-A47Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeAdd a new definition D147 for loose caseless match to a future version of the standard.2010-05-17DoneUnicode 6.0 text
121-A49Mark DavisAdd a red flag invariant test for BN with the 6 exceptions 001C..001F and 17B4..17B5 added to the exception list2010-06-21Doneinvariant tests
121-A51Mark DavisUpdate PropertyValueAliases.txt to document the default value of Bidi_Mirroring_Glyph. 6.0.2010-06-11DoneUCD 6.0
121-A53Mark DavisUpdate BidiTest.txt, removing the @Type lines for Unicode 6.0.2010-05-21DoneUCD 6.0
121-A54Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeConsider the editorial feedback in L2/09-354 for BidiTest.txt, for Unicode 6.0.2010-06-21DoneUCD 6.0
121-A55Mark Davis, Markus SchererProduce a fleshed-out proposal for default options for paragraph direction in UAX #9, for consideration. Circulate to bidi@unicode.org for comment. (See T1 in L2/09-354)2010-05-21DoneUAX #9
121-A66Roozbeh Pournader, Debbie AndersonRespond to the Government of India re L2/09-406 to clarify the use of Ye in the exhibits for Kashmiri.2010-05-07Done 
121-A67Roozbeh Pournader, Debbie AndersonDiscuss with the Government of India whether U+065A is the appropriate character for use in Kashmiri. (Also U+06C6 versus waw plus diacritic.)2010-05-07DoneL2/10-169
121-A71Peter ConstableCommunicate the UTC concerns about registration process issues to TC37/SC2 regarding ISO 639.2010-05-17Done 
121-A72Rick McGowanCommunicate with TC46/SC2 regarding possible changes to the registration process for ISO 15924 code table in the ISO Concept Database.2010-05-17Done 
121-A73John Jenkins, Editorial CommitteeAdd source reference information to UTR #45 for the U0 source for compatibility characters in the range U+FA0C through U+FA2D, by the end of November 2009. Post newly approved document.2010-05-17DoneUTR #45, L2/10-198
121-A74Eric MullerEnsure the alignment of CJK ideographic sources and source references between 10646 and Unicode 6.0.2010-05-17Done 
121-A85Debbie Anderson, Editorial CommitteeAdd explanation of representation of Javanese two-part vowels to Javanese block intro for Unicode 6.0.2010-06-18DoneUnicode 6.0 text
121-A88Ken WhistlerChange U+00AD SOFT HYPHEN to have zeros in primary, secondary, and tertiary levels in DUCET for UCA 6.0.2010-05-24DoneUCA
121-A95Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteePrepare a background document for a PRI on classification information about all Unicode characters.2010-07-30Done 
121-A96Rick McGowanPost the PRI on proposed classification of Unicode characters, to close August 2, 2010.2010-08-02DonePRI #174

From UTC #120 and L2 #217

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
120-A44Ken WhistlerPrepare a PD UTR on Character Categories for the next UTC meeting.2010-08-02Done 
120-A52Mark Davis, Editorial CommitteeAdd pointers from Chapter 3 and Chapter 5 of TUS to UTR #36 for character conversion security issues. For Unicode 6.0.2010-05-24DoneUnicode 6.0 text
120-A58Laurentiu IancuSupply additional test cases for lb=CP and lb=CL to Mark Davis for inclusion in LineBreakTest.txt, for Unicode 6.0. (shifted from Unicode 5.2)2010-06-18DoneUCD 6.0
120-A63Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeAdd text to UAX #44 to clarify derivation and usage of NFKC_CF. (for Unicode 6.0)2010-05-17DoneUAX #44
120-A121Bidyut ChaudhuriProvide information with examples of minimal pairs with ya-phala and information as to their frequencies. (ra + ya-phala vs. ya + reph)2010-05-17Closed 
120-A141Mark DavisAdd a consistency check (for UAX #31 Table 3 and Word Break properties) to the invariant tests, based on item 4 in the proposal section of L2/09-232R.2010-06-21Doneinvariant tests

From UTC #119 and L2 #216

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
119-A4Mark DavisAdd U+0673 to list of characters with Deprecated property. For Unicode 6.0.2010-05-19DoneUCD 6.0
119-A84Debbie Anderson, Michael EversonProvide an SEI liaison contribution with examples of use of Sora Sompeng when available.2010-05-07Done 
119-A87John JenkinsDraft text for the May 2010 UTC meeting for direction to deal with the "Y variant" problem for Han character encoding.2010-05-17DoneL2/10-175

From UTC #118 and L2 #215

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
118-A78Markus SchererAdd the emoji source data files to the UCD for a future version of the standard.2010-06-02DoneUCD, L2/10-150
118-A79Ken Whistler, Editorial CommitteeUpdate UAX #44 with documentation of the emoji source data files, for a future version of the standard. 2010-06-01DoneUAX #44

From UTC #116 and L2 #213

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
116-A67Swaran Lata, Manoj JainReview collation requirements for Indian languages in CLDR, for the CLDR 1.8 release. (September 2009 timeframe)2010-05-17ClosedCLDR

From UTC #114 and L2 #211

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
114-A41John JenkinsForward the comments on U+20202 glyph error and on U+214FA in L2/08-075 to the IRG and appropriate individuals. (removed Rick, Richard from owners for AI)2010-05-07Done 

From UTC #113 and L2 #210

Action Who Description Date Closed Status Outcome
113-A70Rick McGowanWhen UTR #20 is next touched, fix the typo re "grave and accent" (Closed, since not feasible with current process.)2010-05-17ClosedUTR #20