This is the place to discuss questions about the encoding or use of symbols
, except punctuation characters.
This includes, but is not limited to discussions of
- Tentative candidates for additional symbol encoding
- General questions of symbol unification and disambiguation
- Evidence of usage
- Draft proposals for discussion
- Issues with fonts, rendering or layout of symbols
- Attempts to clarify usage of existing symbols
If a symbol is specific to a given script, such as Tibetan symbols, it's probably best discussed in the context of that script, so for Tibetan, that would be the Indic Scripts
forum. The same generally applies to punctuation symbols.
Posts that belong elsewhere will be moved.
Use of this forum is subject to the Forum Rules
Some threads (topics) in this forum are designed to collect a particular type of information over time. For example, a brief announcement of evidence of a new math character should be posted to the Math Symbol Additions Pending
thread anytime a potential new math character is discovered. That way, this thread can serve as a sort of running log. The detailed discussion of such characters should then take place in a separate thread.
- Your Forum Administrators