Unicode 4.0 Tutorial: Fundamental Specifications
Asmus Freytag - ASMUS, Inc.
Intended Audience: All
Session Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Part II of the Unicode Tutorial builds on the concepts introduced in Part I and systematically presents the details of fundamental specifications that are part of the Unicode Standard.
- What is the organization of the Unicode Code Space?
- What are the principles used to allocate and unify characters?
- What is Han Unification?
- What is a Unicode Encoding form?
- What is the actual definition of UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32?
- What is a byte order mark?
- Which encoding form should I select?
- What is the Unicode Character Property Model?
- Where are all the pieces that make up the Unicode Standard?
Part II is recommended for anyone interested in more detailed information.