>Would it be possible for you to post a one paragraph summary of the
>changes relative to the previous version?
Thank you for your interest.
The revision aims mainly the clarification of the current standard JIS
X0208-1990 on the following points :
1. encoding scheme
2. usage of unassigned code points (is prohibited)
3. duplicate encodings when used together with 1-byted coded character sets
4. source materials of Kanji characters (eg. place names)
5. variants and glyphs of Kanji characters
6. SHIFT-encoding (or so-called SHIFT-JIS encoding) [new]
The draft standard does NOT propose any addtion, deletion or replacement of
the existing code points. The standard shall be printed with the same font
as the current JIS X0208-1990.
Masayuki TOYOSHIMA / editor of the draft standard JIS X0208
Dept. of Japanese linguistics, Faculty of Letters,
Hokkaido university, Sapporo 060 Japan, FAX +81-11-612-7754 (24h)
mtoyo@Lit.hokudai.ac.jp, MHA00720@niftyserve.or.jp (AUP-free)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 17:20:30 EDT