The Unicode 2.0 Allocations are EXACTLY as for Unicode 1.1
with the following additions/amendments to track ISO/IEC 10646
amendments since 1993:
1. The range U+D800 --> U+DFFF is defined as the Surrogates Area
(equivalent to 10646 UTF-16).
2. Hangul recoding: New Hangul Syllables Area is at U+AC00 -->
U+D7A3 (11,172 Korean Hangul syllables). Removed are the Unicode
1.0 Hangul Area (U+3400 --> U+3D2D) and the Unicode 1.1
Hangul Supplementary Syllables A and B areas (U+3D2E -->
3. 31 Hebrew cantillation marks have been added at:
U+0501 --> U+05A1, U+05A3 --> U+05AF, U+05C4.
4. Tibetan has been encoded in the block U+0F00 --> U+0FBF.
There are 168 characters encoded in this block, with some
code values in that range unassigned. (Technically, this is
still a 10646 Draft Amendment, waiting for final agreement
to become an official Amendment to 10466.)
5. U+1E9B LATIN SMALL LETTER LONG S WITH DOT ABOVE
6. U+20AB DONG SIGN
Technical Director, Unicode, Inc.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 17:20:30 EDT