Re: Deja Vu (tabs)

From: Rick McGowan (Rick_McGowan@next.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 1996 - 16:08:45 EDT

Tabs, tabs, tabs... The text according to Dean says:

> Programs
> that conform to the Unicode Standard may treat these 16-bit
> control codes in exactly the same way as they treat their 7-
> and 8-bit equivalents in ISO 646 and ISO 6429.

And then Dean says...

> As Mark Davis remarked in an earlier reply, another Unicode
> conformant application is free to legally interpret U+0009 as an
> indication to reformat the hard drive.

I interepret this all to mean... TAB could be interpreted as a command to
reformat the hard drive only by a Unicode conformant application that was
formerly a non-conforming application that treated the ASCII TAB as a command
to reformat the hard drive.

Hopefully, in this most naturally selective of all fine universes, such
applications are among the first victims of their own folly.

        Rick