Re: I18N

From: Martin J Duerst (mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch)
Date: Wed May 08 1996 - 02:45:48 EDT

>>Hi, I'm new to the list, and somewhat new to the issues at hand.
>>Can someone please tell me the purpose of the "I18N draft group"
>>(besides that it is involved with internationalization) and how I can
>>find out more?
>
>>Thanks.
>
>>Gary Grosso
>
>The HTML WG posted a draft spec a long time ago, but there seems to have
>been little reaction to the bi-di section.

That's not true. Bidi has been discussed quite extensively last summer.
You can go to the mailing list archives and check this. The reason that
there has not been much reaction about bidi to the last posting of the
draft (Feb. 13th, 1996) is that these issues have been hashed through
earlier.

>The draft is availabe at:
>
>http://nic.nordu.net/ftp/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-html-i18n-03.txt

or any of your favorite internet-draft repository sites.

Regards, Martin.