Countdown to closure: I18n document will be submitted (fwd)

From: Martin J Duerst (mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch)
Date: Tue May 14 1996 - 14:17:41 EDT

The IETF Area Directors and the Chair of the IETF HTML Working Group,
Eric W. Sink, have agreed to speed up the i18n draft and to close down
the group after that draft has been submitted for Proposed Standard
(see mail below).

The main reason for this is not the recent discussion about Bidi in
HTML in the Unicode mailing list, but the appearance of HTML 3.2
from W3C. As written below, any further comments should be
submitted to html-wg@w3.org (the mailing list of the working group)
by May 20th. This deadline may seem tight, but the draft has been
around long enough already.

For your information, the draft can be found e.g. at
ftp://nic.nordu.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-html-i18n-03.txt
Of the two issues noted below, the bidi discussion has been
cross-posted to the unicode list; for RUBI, please see my
proposal (updated today) at
http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/groups/mml/people/mduerst/rubi.html
Any comment to these issues is also very much appreciated.

Regards, Martin Du"rst.