Re: Khmer offline???

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Sat Jun 01 1996 - 08:47:00 EDT

John Clews said:

>May I suggest that you DO NOT take it off-line. All decent email lists have a
>lot of technical items on - you can always press Delete for items you do not
>want to see.
>
>> This is anyway the way in which
>> Unicode experts and WG2 experts are endeavouring to cooperate.
>
>One major problem in standards development has been that it has too often
>been left to too few experts. There are rarely few problems being caused by
>being too open, many more by being too closed - and you get further problems
>that you have to sort out later.

Well I do not really thik that all the subscribers of
iso10646@listproc.hcf.jhu.edu or of unicode@unicode.org really want to see
discussions of subjoined consonants, independent vowels, and
transliteration systems. For my part I have set up an alias to include
everyone who has expressed an interest in discussing Khmer
(everson@indigo.ie, lcollins@apple.com, hok@computek.net,
wabulencia@unicef.org, kenw@sybase.com, john@sesame.demon.co.uk,
mcgowan@next.com, mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu). It's easier to have these
discussions privately (after a public invitation of course). Call us the
ad-hoc Khmer committee if you like.

>> The Khmer proposal has an issues list attached regarding the repertoire.
>I would be very interested to see that.

Well you can with a click of your browser.

Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta
15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire (Ireland)
Gutháin: +353 1 478-2597, +353 1 283-9396
http://www.indigo.ie/egt