Re: Mapping tables available

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 1996 - 17:30:39 EDT

At 09:28 AM 8/14/96 -0700,mark leisher wrote:
>I am making available mapping tables we use for conversion between Unicode 1.1
>and various character sets/transliterations. The archive is available as:
>
> ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/character-sets/csets.tar.gz
>
>Much of this data originated from the data available from:
>
> ftp://unicode.org/pub/MappingTables/
>
>Some rearrangement and simplification has been done to make the data a little
>more consistent and easier to manage through software. Please note that the
>tables are not necessarily one-to-one mappings!

I'm a bit confused. Are these mappings really Unicode 1.1 specific, or did
you just not consider the information on Unicode 2.0.

Also, what exactly is the value added of these tables compared to the
ones on the Unicode site?. Is it just a transformation in the layout?
Did you change the mapping values for certain characters? If so,
is there any information that you would like to feedback to the Consortium.

Thanks,
A./