Re: Making use of UTF-16 area for CJK

From: Jonathan Rosenne (100320.1303@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Sun Aug 18 1996 - 23:45:54 EDT

I was careful to say "go a long way". If they keep making up new ones, what else
can be done about it?

I know very little about Chinese, but I'm sick of the unjustified criticism and
the whining note we constantly get from these kind of people. I noticed a
similar phenomenon with Arabic (in the ITISALAT list). If something is wrong,
just say what it is. There is no need to use violent language (maybe it's the
politician's old trick - "raise your voice, the argument is quite weak").

As I had written, I believe the experts who contributed to Unicode are
knowledgeable, well meaning and do care, but I really think the native speakers
should be more active.

Regards,

Jonathan