RE: Fwd: Wired 4.09 p. 130: Lost in Translation

From: Glen.Seeds (Glen.Seeds@fulcrum.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 1996 - 11:08:57 EDT

I'm not sure that this is quite right. I always thought that UNIVERSAL
TRANSFORMATION FORMAT meant that it was a form that anything could be
transformed TO, passed though systems that didn't understand 10646 or
UNICODE, and then transformed FROM again, with no loss. "Transformed
format" doesn't quite capture this. You may want to talk to Gary Miller
of IBM about the original intent.
  /glen