a few questions

From: Cathy Winfrey (WINFREYC@mail.vtls.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 1995 - 11:48:35 EST

I found this mail address in the documentation I received at a recent
Unicode Conference in California. I have a few implementation
questions and would like to know if this is an appropriate place to
ask them. If not, could you direct me to the appropriate place?

The primary question that I have right now concerns placing records in
ISO 2709-format with the data in Unicode. Is each character in the
leader and directory stored as a 2-byte sequence so that, for
example, the 5-digit record length takes 10 bytes? If so, I assume
this also applies to the delimiter (ASCII 1/15), the field terminator
(ASCII 1/14), and the record terminator (ASCII 1/13)?

Cathy Winfrey
VTLS Inc., 1800 Kraft Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060
voice: (703) 231-3605 fax: (703) 231-3648
(winfreyc@vtls.com)