Record Registrations at Unicode Conference

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 1995 - 23:23:58 EDT

Fellow Unicode members and enthusiasts,

Just thought to let you know that we are getting close to a *capacity
crowd* attending the conference. Total registration crossed the 300
mark over the weekend. Your help in re-distributing the invitations
sent out on this alias is appreciated; about half the people found out
about the conference by e-mail.

A number of people from member companies waited until late last week to
register: word is getting out that this is going to be the biggest
Unicode Conference ever. For the first time we are experimenting with a
trade show section in addition to the usual hands-on demonstations of
implementations. If you attend, let me know what you think.

One Company even decided to stage a product roll-out in a separate
conference room at the same hotel; I'm pleased to see their confidence
in the quality of our audience--of course this does not mean that we
endorse their product over others.

If you are still thinking of coming, don't hesitate. While only advance
registration guarantees your slot, our conference organizer, Global
Meeting Services, will process walk-in registrations on a first come,
first serve basis.

A./

Asmus Freytag
VP Marketing