Re: The Surrounding Combining Class

From: lisam@us1.ibm.com
Date: Mon Dec 02 1996 - 15:02:40 EST

Classification:
Prologue: Notes Address: Lisa Moore/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
  VM Address: IBMUSM50 (LISAM)
  Internet Address: lisam@us1.ibm.com
  Phone: (408) 463-3152

Epilogue:

Terry,

The Surrounding class is very similar to the Enclosing class - it has the class
of base characters. They are combining characters that surround what they
combine with. The bullet under Combining Classes on page 3-10 of Unicode V2
should mention them as well as enclosing and spacing combining characters
("Enclosing characters and spacing combining characters have the class of base
characters.")

Regards,

Lisa Moore

        unicode @ Unicode.ORG