SGML implementation of UNICODE

From: Swright Sue Elle (swright@kent.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 02 1996 - 20:32:21 EST

Dear colleagues,
I am convener of ISO TC 37/SC 3/WG 1 for Data Categories and Working
Group 3 for Terminlogy Interchange. We are nearing completion of a Final
Draft International Standard for an SGML interchange format for
terminological data. Not surprisingly, some of the members of our
committee are concerned about the representation of CJK (Chinese,
Japanese, and Korean) languages within the framework of our interchange
format. We would like to be able to implement a UNICODE-based solution to
this problem, but have up til now been unable to locate someone who can
tell us whether a standardized system has been developed for the CJK
portion of the UNICODE within the SGML community. Arnold Winkler has
suggested to me that perhaps I may find my answer here. Can someone in this
group direct me to either a person, a web-site, or some other resource
who/which may be able to provide me with an answer to my problem?
Thank you very much for your assistance. I suggest that you respond
directly to my email address.

Sue Ellen Wright
Chair, USA TAG for ISO TC 37
Convener ISO/TC 37/SC 3/WG 1 & 3