Re: Information about Yi

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Sun Dec 29 1996 - 09:41:37 EST

At 10:06 1996-12-26, Steve Graham wrote:
>I have a faculty member here at the University of Washington who is
>interested in the Yi script. I understand that this script was taken up
>at the recent UTC in December. Can anyone tell me what the outcome of
>that meeting was, and who my faculty member should contact to learn more
>about what UNICODE is doing about Yi? Thanks.

Unicode hasn't been doing very much but has been observing what's going on
in WG2. I reviewed the earlier Chinese proposals
(http://www.indigo.ie/egt/standards/yy/n1187.html)
and Mao Yonggang of Chinese Standards tells us to expect a Chinese response
soon. I don't know what the UTC position is. Currently there is a large
proposal from China and a smaller modification of that proposal by me, and
the Yi experts in China have not responded to that yet.

Best regards,

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta
15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire (Ireland)