Place of Sajdah in Qur'an

From: Terry Allen (
Date: Fri Jan 10 1997 - 19:58:17 EST

Sure enough, as I look closer at my Egyptian Qur'an, I find
that some of what I thought were rub` al-hizb markings -- ornate
cartouches in the margin, enclosing text -- enclose the word
"sajdah". I'm not a believer and don't know their purpose, but
there they are. As with the rub` al-hizb markings, the end-of-ayah
mark, itself a cartouche enclosing a number, is extended to
include more text, in the case of the sajdah markings, the word

Apologies for the confusion.

    Terry Allen Fujitsu Software Corp.
"In going on with these experiments, how many pretty systems do we build,
 which we soon find outselves obliged to destroy?" - Benjamin Franklin
  A Davenport Group Sponsor: