Re: Translated IUC10 Web pages: Experimental Results

From: Charles Wicksteed (charles.wicksteed@reuters.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 1997 - 05:30:31 EST

Chris Pratley wrote:

> Also, it is interesting to note that
> http://194.75.134.50/unicode/iuc10/x-ucs2l.html
> contains a META tag claiming the file is UTF-8, although of course it is
> not. This is one of the dangers of using META tags, or of changing
> encodings of existing files without handling META tags, depending on
> your viewpoint.

I put these two UCS2 files on our preview site for Joe Becker's
convenience, and did not expect their names to 'leak' onto the
'unicode' list without being accompanied by my explanation that
they had been simply converted to the different encodings, with
no editing of the META charset tag, so that Joe could try loading
them into Word97.

They were never intended to be valid HTML files, and I have now
removed them.

Charles