Re: Unicameral

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Wed Feb 05 1997 - 13:51:06 EST

At 06:56 -0800 1997-02-01, Marion Gunn wrote:

>I rather like the expression 'unicameral', indicating one room or one box,
>because it reflects the origins of the expressions 'upper-' & 'lower-case',
>meaning the two separate boxes used in the days of cast lead typing.

I think we should use the terms in the standard: CAPITAL and SMALL.
Mxedruli Georgian has only small letters. I have numerous photocopies of
books from Georgia dealing with the Xucuri script in which Xucuri capitals
are used with Mxedruli smalls throughout the text in the normal way
capitals are used, namely at the beginnings of sentences and proper names.

The coding conventions of Georgian in our standard are completely and
entirely correct.

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta
15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire (Ireland)