RE: nbsp

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 1997 - 13:39:26 EST

In Microsoft Word, Ctrl+Shift+Space generates NBSP and you can change
that to something else if you desire. But I don't know of a more
widespread Windows standard. Actually this omission is just the tip of
a symbol iceberg: we need good ways to enter a myriad Unicode
characters. This alias has seen a discussion of using the Unicode value
to enter characters, but we clearly need more powerful approaches with
user-customizable on-screen keyboards and symbol boxes.

Murray