Unicode Bidi Algorithm

From: Jonathan Rosenne (Jonathan_Rosenne@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri May 16 1997 - 14:49:20 EDT

It seems that there is a difference between the Unicode bidi algorithm and
Microsoft Windows.

Take the text: ABC123abc (base directionality Hebrew, ABC stand for Alef
Bet Gimel). According to Unicode it should come out as 123abcCBA. In
NotePad it comes out as abc123CBA.

Please could someone from Microsoft provide the definition you use, and
tell us whether there are any other differences. If necessary we should ask
the Unicode Consortium to consider a change to the definition.

I think it is important to all of us that the standard and practice are the
same.

Regards,

Jonathan