Re: Unicode plain text

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Mon May 26 1997 - 10:19:10 EDT

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Otto Stolz wrote:
> In contrary, it is annoying if it doesn't -- see below.

I am sorry for any confusion this remark of mine may have caused.

On May 26, 14:16, Martin J. Duerst wrote:
> The example you give doesn't apply. Independently of whether
> LS is a block separator or treated as whitespace, there will
> never be any text part B a line higher than a text part A
> when logically, text part A is before text part B.

Thank you, Martin, for the clarification.

Regrettably, I have not yet a copy of the Unicode standard in my
hands (though I have asked our library to provide one); all I have
is a copy of the ISO 10646-1 standard (of 1993). So all I know about
the bidi algorithm is from this discussion group. I should have said
so before entering the discussion.

Best wishes,
  Otto Stolz