re:Multi-Lingual Project Gutenberg (was: Unicode plain text)

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Tue May 27 1997 - 12:07:43 EDT

Last week I attended a meeting of localizers, at which documentation on XML
was being pressed into hot & sticky hands (an English idiom which it is
safe to ignore, if not understood). The general consensus there was that
incipient XML was being very heavily pushed as an alternative to html by
SUN and MICROSOFT in collaboration (as an alternative which would eliminate
markup language altogether from the actual text to be transferred). Can
anyone add to this information?
mg

--
Marion Gunn, Everson Gunn Teoranta
Gutháin:  +353 1 478-2597, +353 1 283-9396