Re: Comments on <draft-ietf-acap-mlsf-00.txt>?

From: David Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 19:13:05 EDT

Unicode Discussion (unicode@unicode.org) wrote:

>I disagree strongly. These are needed in searchable attribute values,
>protocol error strings, and all sorts of other places where rich text is
>entirely unacceptable due to it's complexity and lack of searchability.
>If the only alternative is rich text, I will use MLSF.

Could you explain more why language tagging is needed in these places,
and in particular why it needs to be an attribute of a substring rather
than an attribute of the entire string, which could be passed separately?

David Goldsmith
Architect
International, Text, and Graphics Department
Apple Computer, Inc.
goldsmith@apple.com