Unicode/ISO 10646 BOF in Munich

From: Martin J. Duerst (mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 08:18:01 EDT

Hello Pete, hello everybody,

For those of you in the current discussion that are more on the
IETF side than on the Unicode side (or on both :-), I think there
is a great need to have something like a BOF about all kinds of
issues related to Unicode/ISO 10646 in Munich, so that we can
make a collection of all the places it's used, the various issues
each protocol/format is trying to solve (or might be ignoring),
and so on. In addition to that, there should be a list of pointers
to i18n tidbits in other sessions. I also hope that there will be
a working session on internationalized URLs.

I have contacted the Application Area directors with these ideas,
but up to now, I haven't received any kind of confirmation, nor
a refusal or an indication about what the requirements would be.

Can I ask those that also think that such meetings would be
valuable to please contact the area directors? It seems that
an estimate of expected interest and attendance is an important
point in deciding whether and how long a meeting is held.
If you know other things that can help making such meetings
reality, please tell us.

Regards, Martin.