Unicode Logo

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 13:51:37 EDT

Adrian Havill noted:

> It's a shame that
> Unicode doesn't have it's own little icon on the outside of products
> like "Intel Inside" or "100% Pure Java" or "Java Compatibile" (imagine
> seeing software products that said "Unicode Compatible").

Well, in fact there is a Unicode logo (the same as you see at the
top of the home page of http://www.unicode.org), and there is a
licensing program for products which wish to use it. There are
released products which stick the Unicode logo on their packaging.

Granted, we haven't started with the fancy television ad campaign,
so the logo doesn't have the same mindshare as "Intel Inside" and
similar megabucks logos, but we do what we can...

--Ken Whistler

P.S. Contact unicode-inc@unicode.org if you are interested in
the licensing program for the logo.