On Jul 14, 6:53pm, Michael Everson wrote:
> >On viewing the source I discovered illegal numeric character references
> >> support French fully are " œ ", "
> >> Œ " and " Ÿ ".
> I did not encode numeric character references. I write my documents with
> the Macintosh character set, and save them in 8-bit in Latin 1 encoding. I
> believed that the encoding used by PageSpinner was the Windows superset of
> Latin 1, which contains the French characters. Could your source reader
> have converted them to numeric references?
No way. Your application wrote them.
If you wish to use the Windows superset of Latin-1, you should label your
> >These NCRs should either be replaced by the correct NCRs or alternatively
> >by the correct named entities .
> >The correct NCRs are œ Œ and Ÿ
> >The correct entity names are œ Œ and Ÿ
> Ick. Nothing less pleasant than those long entity names. But maybe I should
> use them for those characters.....
Or the NCRs. Or just export the document in UTF-8 and be done with it.
-- Chris Lilley, W3C [ http://www.w3.org/ ] Graphics and Fonts Guy The World Wide Web Consortium http://www.w3.org/people/chris/ INRIA, Projet W3C email@example.com 2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93 +33 (0)4 93 65 79 87 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 17:20:35 EDT