Re: Unicode Operating Systems

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 11:51:59 EDT

    Chuck> Though not an OS, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on
    Chuck> CORBA. It is my understanding that CORBA doesn't handle wide
    Chuck> characters in their "string" type.

I seem to recall the OMG putting out some sort of RFC or RFP with regard to
internationalization some time in the last two years. They are aware of it,
but who knows if they did anything about it.
mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu
Mark Leisher "A designer knows he has achieved perfection
Computing Research Lab not when there is nothing left to add, but
New Mexico State University when there is nothing left to take away."
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Antoine de Saint-Exup éry
Las Cruces, NM 88003