Re: browsers and viewing page source, same?

From: Thane Terrill (
Date: Fri Jul 18 1997 - 10:51:01 EDT

The semi-colons and & characters you are seeing is the result of
your HTML program converting high ascii characters into a low ascii
code. I guess this is a safer way of handling these characters, but
it does make reading one's HTML code very difficult. The browsers I
know will display the characters correctly from either source.

I know that Word's Internet Assistant would do this character
translation when I converted a Word document to HTML.

Thane Terrill
Network Administrator
Baha'i International Community
New York City