Re: Proper channel for submitting proposed modifications to Unicode

From: Joan Aliprand (
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 16:20:32 EDT

Michael Everson advised Christopher Hogan (supplementing Ken Whistler's
>>> Can someone please tell me what the proper method of submitting
>>> proposals to the Unicode committee is?
>[Ken's instructions here]
>Christopher, you should also make sure your national representatives in
>JTC1/SC2/WG2 are kept apprised, since their support is also important for
>any proposal.

And where the proposal falls within the scope of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2.
Proposals dealing with implementation issues may not (depending on the
content of the proposal).

As a starting point for finding your national representative, a list of
national standards organizations can be found at the ISO Web Site, (click on "ISO members worldwide"). The WG2 Web Site is

For a proposal originating within the U.S. (as this one is), no separate
consultation with a national standards body representative is needed.
Accredited Standards Committee NCITS/L2 and the Unicode Technical Committee
routinely keep each other informed about proposals of mutual interest.

-- Joan Aliprand
   Chair, Unicode Technical Committee
   Vice-Chair, NCITS/L2