Re: List oddity

From: Sarasvati (root)
Date: Thu Jul 31 1997 - 12:49:04 EDT

Mark Leisher says:
> I just noticed that the list processor appears to be
> inserting a no-break space (0xA0) in front of 8859-1 characters (see my .sig
> below). At least I think it is the Unicode list because it does not happen
> locally or on other mailing lists.

It is absolutely not the Unicode List Processor, sorry.
It must be done by some intervening mailer, because what arrives at
Unicode.ORG contains the character in question. Here is an "od -c" from
the tail of Mark's last incoming message:

0000700 - - A n t o i
0000720 n e d e S a i n t - E x u p
0000740 240 351 r y \n L a s C r u c e s ,
0000760 N M 8 8 0 0 3 \n