Re: Communicator Unicode

From: Yung-Fong Tang (ftang@netscape.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 1997 - 16:04:00 EDT

Kent Karlsson wrote:

> Yung-Fong Tang wrote:
>
> > > 4) The UTF-8 RFC says "UTF-8" is the "charset" for the MIME, but I see
> > > "UNICODE-1-1-UTF-7" and "UNICODE-1-1-UTF-8" all over the net for the
> > > MIME type.
> >
> > Interesting... "all over the net" ? I appreciate if you can point me
> > to such place. We have hard time to find any Unicode document on the
> > net.

I hope you can understand my question. In Adrian Havill posting, he claim he see
"UNICODE-1-1-UTF-7" and "UNICODE-1-1-UTF-8" all over the net for the MIME type.
( instead of "UTF-8"). I ask him WHERE is the place he see "UNICODE-1-1-UTF-7" and "UNICODE-1-1-UTF-8" instead of "UTF-8". (So
I can take a look at them.) I am not challenge the statement we should use Unicode or not in the future. I am asking a
question about what he have already see today.