Re: Why Ligatures?

From: Mark Davis (mark_davis@taligent.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 12:34:52 EDT

I understand and agree with the reasoning for including œ (<oe>) in code
pages for French, so this is a point of information only!

It is my understanding that there is actually no "minimal-pair" in
French for oe vs <oe>; that is, that there is no pair of words that is
distinguished _only_ by the difference between oe and <oe>; Alain, do
you know if this is the case?

Mark